einstein2u

Mike Clevinger 2019 Outlook

1 hour ago, Whitecloud0101 said:

Dropsville

No.

1 hour ago, Whitecloud0101 said:

Dropsville

2 months is only 1/3 of the season.  Granted itll likely be more, but 67% of potential elite productjon merits a hold in league a with a dl slot. Bumgarner missed 2 full months last year and it felt like he played quite a bit.  Id hold. At the absolute minimum to see if theres a second opinion.

This is just my theory, but I wonder if Clevinger is still struggling with his breath regulation while on the mound.  I know from personal experience that this causes upper back tightness.  

Went from 10day to 60 day.  The timeline is now looking like ASB.  The 6 weeks is an impossibility,8 weeks is extremely unlikely. 12 weeks is actually optimistic at rhis point. Although im not dropping,its starting to look like a possibility.

5 minutes ago, Cesare13 said:

Went from 10day to 60 day.  The timeline is now looking like ASB.  The 6 weeks is an impossibility,8 weeks is extremely unlikely. 12 weeks is actually optimistic at rhis point. Although im not dropping,its starting to look like a possibility.

man i might have to. I've got so many guys on the DL not sure i can hold him for that long. 

5 minutes ago, buzzkilloton said:

man i might have to. I've got so many guys on the DL not sure i can hold him for that long. 

I don't want him to win the league for someone else.  He was looking like an sp1.  The thing is,the longer you hild,the harder it is to drop. I dont want to hold him for 4 weeks and then drop him when he might be 4 away from returning.  Id certainly wait for a reputable report or a reapected industry expert before cutting.  Sucks that an already lucky s.o.b with no injuries can pick him if he's dropped though.

Lot of ball left after the ASB...find a way to keep him...will be a difference maker down the stretch

2 minutes ago, Big Tuna said:

Lot of ball left after the ASB...find a way to keep him...will be a difference maker down the stretch

truth!

No surgery according to a small blurb on xm radio.  Although owners are still deservedly bummed,that WAS the better option timeline for return for this year.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Cesare13 said:

No surgery according to a small blurb on xm radio.  Although owners are still deservedly bummed,that WAS the better option timeline for return for this year.

Nice glad i didnt end up dropping him. Sucks to let him sit on your bench when your DL spots are taken in standard yahoo league settings but for head2head it should be worth it later in the season.

• Like 1

The “no surgery” recommendation by doctors seems like good news.  Clevinger says he feels good and is working out as per his normal,routine other than throwing.  He’s young and comes across as a fit and healthy guy which could lead to be a faster healer.🤞

He says he’s hoping to be back in late may!  Even if it’s a MONTH after that,that’s better than anticipated I’d say.  

Heres the article https://www.news-herald.com/sports/indians/mike-clevinger-won-t-need-surgery-on-injured-back-indians/article_8dba8a4c-639c-11e9-94a3-6f0feec8cc37.html

• Like 5

One step at a time....

by RotoWire Staff
(1 hr ago) Clevinger (back) could play catch as soon as next week, Coley Harvey of ESPN.com reports.

Reports from the time of Clevinger's injury in early April suggested that Clevinger wouldn't be able to pick up a baseball for 6-to-8 weeks. If he does indeed play catch within the next few days, he could be as much as two weeks ahead of the fast end of that time frame. It remains to be seen when he's expected to be activated from the 60-day injured list

• Like 5

3 hours ago, herschel said:

One step at a time....

by RotoWire Staff
(1 hr ago) Clevinger (back) could play catch as soon as next week, Coley Harvey of ESPN.com reports.

Reports from the time of Clevinger's injury in early April suggested that Clevinger wouldn't be able to pick up a baseball for 6-to-8 weeks. If he does indeed play catch within the next few days, he could be as much as two weeks ahead of the fast end of that time frame. It remains to be seen when he's expected to be activated from the 60-day injured list

Interesting he could make for a really good buy low esp if you've got a DL spot and the owner you trade with has multiple guys out.

FWIW...

Indians' Mike Clevinger: Plays catch from 60 feet

39 mins ago | by RotoWire Staff

Clevinger (back) played catch at 60 feet Tuesday, Joe Noga of Cleveland.com reports.

This marks the first time that Clevinger has thrown since suffering an upper-back strain. He played catch at around 60 percent out of his delivery, per Noga. The 28-year-old still has a long way to go until he's activated from the 60-day injured list, but he appears to be well ahead of schedule at this point.

• Like 2

y'all think late may is a possibility here? 

9 minutes ago, sharpee said:

y'all think late may is a possibility here? 

hes on the 60 day IL, so not even sure if he is eligible to come off by then....

On 4/9/2019 at 8:10 AM, Helms said:

Yikes...

So it turned out to be 3 weeks and he's playing catch.  This far ahead of the original timeline he could be activated with a minimum 60-days, sometime during the second week of June if all goes well.

• Like 2

still has to not appear in an MLB game for 60 days, but  this is good news!

With the Kluber injury I just hope he does not rush back and is smart about his recovery. 

Oh dats nice...!

I think his owners are gonna be stoked the tribe went on the cautious side here, league tilter for the last 4 months of the season.

Is this how schoolgirls feel when they listen to Harry styles? 😍

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Lebanasty said:

HNNG!

I'm glad he's feeling better and it sounds like he's going to be back relatively close to when he's first eligible, but I don't like to read that he's trying to come back bigger and throwing better. I still have bad feelings of those same comments issued by Thor in spring of 2017 before he went out and shredded his lat a few weeks into the season. Isn't there someone in that organization that can explain how the kinetic chain works and trying to get that strong and throw that hard often leads to a breakdown at the weak point in that chain?

Indians' manager Terry Francona said Friday that Mike Clevinger (back) is nearing a bullpen session.

Clevinger will play long toss at a distance of 150 feet in the next couple of days, and if all goes well it sounds like he'll progress to getting back on the mound. It seems like he's well ahead of schedule of the initial 6-8 week timetable that was given when he was placed on the injured list, so perhaps we'll see the right-hander return before the end of June after all.

1 hour ago, herschel said:

Indians' manager Terry Francona said Friday that Mike Clevinger (back) is nearing a bullpen session.

Clevinger will play long toss at a distance of 150 feet in the next couple of days, and if all goes well it sounds like he'll progress to getting back on the mound. It seems like he's well ahead of schedule of the initial 6-8 week timetable that was given when he was placed on the injured list, so perhaps we'll see the right-hander return before the end of June after all.

If he was injured on april 9th and the timeline was 6-8 weeks.....that would be late may/early june.  So hes "well ahead" of that schedule and we MIGHT see him before the END of June....who writes these blurbs??