einstein2u

Mike Clevinger 2019 Outlook

We firing him up?  Think he’ll be on any kind of pitch count?

Just now, herschel said:

We firing him up?  Think he’ll be on any kind of pitch count?

Oh heck yeah! I am just hoping they keep him under 100 pitches for a little bit...but who knows with Tito calling the shots!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We are absolutely firing him up. 51 out of 67 pitches for strikes last time out. Sounds like Clev. 

4 minutes ago, legia13 said:

Starting Monday in Texas. 

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Awww man,,.,IN Texas? Bit of a buzzkill, but this is still way earlier than even the biggest optimist could have hoped.

Just now, AndrewBrah said:

Everyone starting mike tonight? Kinda nervous with it being his first game back and in Texas 

I'm not starting him, could be on a pitch count, I can afford to wait until the weeked vs Detroit.

Starting and not even thinking twice about it. Pitching is a dumpster fire this year and there's nowhere to go but up for most. Welcome back, Clev!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

He was lights out and threw like 90% of his pitches for strikes in his last AAA start. 1000% firing him up with confidence.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, AndrewBrah said:

Everyone starting mike tonight? Kinda nervous with it being his first game back and in Texas 

Pence is definitely out and I think Mazara as well maybe since he is day to day with a hammy.  So sure why not.  Besides I have a track record of my pitchers getting blow-up against teams like the O's and M's and such and not vs better teams it always seems.

• Like 1

I am starting him....that Tex lineup is not healthy nor scary to begin with........yes, he will be limited but at this point Ill take 5 or 6 innings with good ERA/WHIP and a healthy amount of Ks.

• Like 1

Let's go boys!

Pitching has been so bad that I'm not even thinking twice about first off the DL here...  

• Like 3

And don't forget still no Gallo either.  Also worth noting that Cle has been playing decent ball lately so a good chance of coming away with a W for our boy Clev.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Topgun said:

I'm not starting him, could be on a pitch count, I can afford to wait until the weeked vs Detroit.

Pitch counts are for rehab starts in the minors. I can afford to bench him too, I'm not because there's a miniscule chance he gets blown up and the k's and ratios will almost certainly be there. In layman's terms: I'm not a moron begging to lose. Like seriously? Guys got 0 ER and 22 K's in 12 IP before getting hurt. I could get behind what you're saying if rehab starts didn't exist, but that's just not the case.

Yeah, I don't understand the logic of watching an underrated ace languish on the IL for two months only to have him return and be scared of a depleted Rangers lineup. To each their own, I guess.

• Like 1

No Gallo, Mazara and Pence getting MRI's today (assuming they're both out)

Fire him up

Welp, that backfired. Got 7 k’s from him at least. But his control was not there today, hopefully he will be better next start. 

5 hours ago, GriffeySwag said:

No Gallo, Mazara and Pence getting MRI's today (assuming they're both out)

Fire him up

This is why I didn't start him, 4and 2/3rdsm 5 ER, 7 K's were nice, 3 BB's, not saying I told you so, it's just best to wait.

Stuff was movin, but all over the place. Off speed stuff had some bite, didn’t get a couple close calls and couldn’t get the last guy out in the 5th. Not shocked that it went this way, just needs to get his control back. Barring injury, it’s uphill from here. He’s still nasty

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Topgun said:

This is why I didn't start him, 4and 2/3rdsm 5 ER, 7 K's were nice, 3 BB's, not saying I told you so, it's just best to wait.

Ya, I was on the fence but I have a few pitchers that just hit the IL and kinda short handed, so I gambled on it. Also, I figured with his talent he wouldn’t get bombed like he did vs a depleted Rangers lineup... clearly he seemed rusty, he had a lot of full counts and got behind in a lot of counts today. Hopefully he makes up for it vs Detroit. 

He also twisted the ankle on his plant foot in the second and was on the ground for a bit.  Hard to believe that didn't have an effect on the rest of his day.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Topgun said:

Like I said, sit him in a tough matchup his first game off the DL

6 hours ago, TribeFoo said:

Yeah, I don't understand the logic of watching an underrated ace languish on the IL for two months only to have him return and be scared of a depleted Rangers lineup. To each their own, I guess.

To each their own boi