einstein2u

Mike Clevinger 2019 Outlook

9 hours ago, Lebanasty said:

He also twisted the ankle on his plant foot in the second and was on the ground for a bit.  Hard to believe that didn't have an effect on the rest of his day.

IL stint coming huh

9 hours ago, AndrewBrah said:

To each their own boi

Didn't do any worse than any of my other pitchers...lol

X rays negative. Sounds like a mild ankle sprain. From the presser he was not making excuses but you can tell by his dialogue that it did bother him a little. Was still throwing 97-98.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bigbluecrew56 said:

X rays negative. Sounds like a mild ankle sprain. From the presser he was not making excuses but you can tell by his dialogue that it did bother him a little. Was still throwing 97-98.

Ya, no way in hell he was going to leave that game that early after being out for two months... but I’m sure it bothered him a lot more than he let on. Hopefully he still starts vs Detroit but I wouldn’t be surprised if they skip that start to make sure he’s fully healthy. 

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, TribeFoo said:

Didn't do any worse than any of my other pitchers...lol

Not a great night then. So pumped he’s back, hopefully the foot won’t bother him too much moving forward. Can’t wait till he’s back on track!

Edited by AndrewBrah
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, TribeFoo said:

Yeah, I don't understand the logic of watching an underrated ace languish on the IL for two months only to have him return and be scared of a depleted Rangers lineup. To each their own, I guess.

The first game back from a lengthy absence is usually a prove it game.

9 minutes ago, Evincar said:

The first game back from a lengthy absence is usually a prove it game.

Agree, however it is/was slated to be a two-start week for weekly leagues and I couldn't sit him. This season feels cursed for him after the rolled ankle, but hopefully he's doing better by the weekend.

This guy is starting to become a guy that hides injuries and makes them worse.  Not complaining by any means, I love the guy, just worried about his long term health as a player, not only a fantasy contributor.

7 minutes ago, Cesare13 said:

This guy is starting to become a guy that hides injuries and makes them worse.

How does going on the IL and coming back constitute hiding injuries?  He had a bad first start back -- that's not uncommon even when there's no physical issue.  On what basis do you say he's hiding an injury?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, tonycpsu said:

How does going on the IL and coming back constitute hiding injuries?  He had a bad first start back -- that's not uncommon even when there's no physical issue.  On what basis do you say he's hiding an injury?

I think he was more referring to the rolled ankle - if it was bothering him but he said he is fine and potentially makes it worse.  Also - I believe he originally pitched a little through his back injury and at first came out saying he wasn't gonna miss his next start when he left his second start early (if I'm not mistaken).  Again, don't know the OP's intentions, but that is what it might be.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, ToO_BaD said:

I think he was more referring to the rolled ankle - if it was bothering him but he said he is fine and potentially makes it worse.  Also - I believe he originally pitched a little through his back injury and at first came out saying he wasn't gonna miss his next start when he left his second start early (if I'm not mistaken).  Again, don't know the OP's intentions, but that is what it might be.

This. 

Still,  Francona should have used some freaking common sense and pulled him when he rolled his ankle like that.  If a pitcher goes down in as much pain as Clevinger was in and lands and spin off your left ankle the way he does and he's got to come out.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, tonycpsu said:

8 hours ago, ToO_BaD said:

Too_bad pretty much said it all. Bang on.  It seems like clevinger tried to pitch through some back pain in early April. Not sure if it made it worse (not a doctor.).  Then this ankle thing.  Who knows if it affected his delivery?  Us fantasy players complain all the time about how soft baseball players are.  This is one guy I kind of wish would take more days off.  Not knocking the player at all.  He’s got that klay Thomson “I want to play and win” thing going for him.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Paul Hoynes of the Cleveland Plain Dealer reports Mike Clevinger (ankle) is expected to be placed on the 10-day injured list.

what else could go wrong this yr?

Edited by OrangeCrush

Doesn't seem too serious...I'm trying to acquire

If i see the words “wont be able to step on a mound for 6 to 8 weeks” I’m gonna lose it.  That may have already happened.

• Haha 1

Just sit him the rest of the first half so we can hope for a semblance of production after the ASB. This is ridiculous.

12 hours ago, PhilsPhan90 said:

Looks like Yahoo won't make him IL eligible until tomorrow. Thanks!

Not sure about that.  Couldn't his tag change from day-to-day to IL at any time today?  I'm hoping so, there is someone I need to pick up and can't do it until Clevinger tag is IL.

12 hours ago, PhilsPhan90 said:

Looks like Yahoo won't make him IL eligible until tomorrow. Thanks!

They still haven’t done it. Lazy asses.

2 minutes ago, Biig_Pressure21 said:

Not sure about that.  Couldn't his tag change from day-to-day to IL at any time today?  I'm hoping so, there is someone I need to pick up and can't do it until Clevinger tag is IL.

He said what he said yesterday. Today is today.

8 minutes ago, hangin n wangin said:

They still haven’t done it. Lazy asses.

Neither Yahoo nor any platform can arbitrarily put someone on the IL based on some reporter's rumor.  That would be cheating.  Only the Indians can do it.  If they haven't yet then fantasy platforms can't either.  Them is the rules and good rules they are.

And all I see is:

Thu, Jun 20

Paul Hoynes of the Cleveland Plain Dealer reports Mike Clevinger (ankle) is expected to be placed on the 10-day injured list.

Paul Hoynes is not the GM or the manager of the Cleveland Indians and his "expectations" may not be theirs.  Maybe the Tribe will indeed IL him but they haven't as yet and until they do all fantasy platforms damn well better not IL him.

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Neither Yahoo nor any platform can arbitrarily put someone on the IL based on some reporter's rumor.  That would be cheating.  Only the Indians can do it.  If they haven't yet then fantasy platforms can't either.  Them is the rules and good rules they are.

Let’s not bring logic into this. It’s about what is best for my team.

Edited by hangin n wangin
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2