Sign in to follow this  
urban2014

Josh Allen 2019 Outlook

Probably one of the biggest questions going into next season.  Awesome for fantasy, horror show in real 

What’s the mystery...he’ll be a bye-week player in ff, and he’ll keep his team competitive against the non-elite teams in real football.

It will be his second year though.  Might turn into a star

Still nothing more than a late-rd flyer for the fan.

Week 12 thru 17 he had some decent weeks. Before the bye week he was injured and pretty up and down. I would take a gamble on him somewhere in the 11th or 12th round. Could be a solid filler here and there. Im also, worried that he won't be able to take the hits with how much he does run. He was always banged up at Wyoming, but he did play through it. Missed 2 games in 2017 there as well.

13 @Mia 231 2 2 / 0 28.7
14 NYJ 206 0 2 / 1 18.3
15 Det 204 1 0 / 0 19.8
16 @NE 217 1 2 / 0 11.7
17 Mia 224 3 1 / 0 40.5
MORE STATS »          VIEW PLAYERCARD »

1 hour ago, urban2014 said:

Probably one of the biggest questions going into next season.  Awesome for fantasy, horror show in real 

For fantasy he's worth a late round target in appropriate league types (ie bestball, where his worst games are less impactful).

It will be interesting to see what kind of help the front office gets him. 

If he can continue the rushing numbers he is a no brainer late QB. Too bad he is saddled with McDermott. 

13 hours ago, dontclapGonorrhea said:

Week 12 thru 17 he had some decent weeks. Before the bye week he was injured and pretty up and down. I would take a gamble on him somewhere in the 11th or 12th round. Could be a solid filler here and there. Im also, worried that he won't be able to take the hits with how much he does run. He was always banged up at Wyoming, but he did play through it. Missed 2 games in 2017 there as well.

13 @Mia 231 2 2 / 0 28.7
14 NYJ 206 0 2 / 1 18.3
15 Det 204 1 0 / 0 19.8
16 @NE 217 1 2 / 0 11.7
17 Mia 224 3 1 / 0 40.5
MORE STATS »          VIEW PLAYERCARD »

Decent weeks...he was the #1 scoring fantasy QB over that time, I’d say he was pretty decent...

Allen has the upside to be the #1 fantasy QB for 2019. Not saying it’s going to happen but it’s not crazy to say.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, J.T. Marlin said:

Decent weeks...he was the #1 scoring fantasy QB over that time, I’d say he was pretty decent...

Allen has the upside to be the #1 fantasy QB for 2019. Not saying it’s going to happen but it’s not crazy to say.

Sounds pretty crazy to me.

• Like 1

On the Assistant Coach forum for week 16, there were multiple people debating Josh Allen vs Aaron Rodgers for their week 16 start, and the advice givers seemed to push for Allen over Rodgers......just to remind some folks how hyped Allen was after that late November, early December hot streak.

Allen is a perfect fit for a QB streamer.   It should be very easy to identify the matchups he can score in, and avoid the pitfalls.    I live in Buffalo so he's gonna have to be a DND since his price will balloon, but i'm looking at him otherwise as a top QB2 option.   Throw him in there vs weak defenses, especially at home, and he's probably rewarding you with 5-6 games in the high 20's or 30's.    Avoid the Patriots, Ravens, etc, and you're good.   

League scoring matters a ton here too.   One of mine does not penalize for INT's, and is only 4 pts for pass TD's, but 6 for rushing TD's.   Allen is a QB1 in this format.   

11 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

How does this make sense? 

Maybe its not common but I dont think this is a four leaf clover of a concept or anything.   

• Like 3

On ‎2‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 1:59 PM, oliminator123 said:

How does this make sense? 

I've seen leagues that don't penalize for interceptions or fumbles lost.

2 hours ago, devaster said:

I've seen leagues that don't penalize for interceptions or fumbles lost.

Those must be leagues that are run by Eli Manning/Jay Cutler fans.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 2/4/2019 at 12:18 AM, J.T. Marlin said:

On 2/4/2019 at 12:24 AM, dmb3684 said:

Sounds pretty crazy to me.

First overall would be tough.  It all depends on the season, I don't think he'll ever get to an insane number like Mahomes did this year even though he has that kind of arm strength.

If you take out the Baltimore game (lol) his 16 game pace would put him around 320-330 fantasy points in standard leagues.  That can get him into the top 10 in most seasons.

Assuming he gets a bit better and Buffalo puts more talent around him,  he could probably crack the top 5 in a down year like Cam did in 2017.  

1 hour ago, Iron-cock said:

First overall would be tough.  It all depends on the season, I don't think he'll ever get to an insane number like Mahomes did this year even though he has that kind of arm strength.

If you take out the Baltimore game (lol) his 16 game pace would put him around 320-330 fantasy points in standard leagues.  That can get him into the top 10 in most seasons.

Assuming he gets a bit better and Buffalo puts more talent around him,  he could probably crack the top 5 in a down year like Cam did in 2017.  

He's a good runner so he can absolutely have a top 10 season. #1 overall is crazy though.

FWIW Allen is my Madden 19 QB. In year 4 and he isn't getting much better. 

Edited by dmb3684
  • Haha 2

I bet his we see his ADP go way up before the season due to recency bias with Mahomes and Watson.

9 minutes ago, dmb3684 said:

I bet his we see his ADP go way up before the season due to recency bias with Mahomes and Watson.

He is nothing like either of them. Those two QB's are functional and perhaps elite passers. Josh Allen is Lamar Jackson.

35 minutes ago, devaster said:

He is nothing like either of them. Those two QB's are functional and perhaps elite passers. Josh Allen is Lamar Jackson.

Allen is way worse than Mahomes/Watson.  Not really related to my point, but thanks.

Those rushing stats are HUGE for fantasy. 

I got him as a backup in a dynasty league and completely satisfied. This guy is putting up monster rushing numbers and decent passing #s with WRs like Zay Jones, Robert Foster, and Isaiah McKenzie. 

Will be interesting to see what moves the Bills make at WR to try and help Allen more in 2019.

The thing with Allen is he was so unbelievably terrible as a passer, regardless of scenario, that if he only improved to mediocre status, he would be an every-week start in fantasy.

9 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Those rushing stats are HUGE for fantasy. 

I got him as a backup in a dynasty league and completely satisfied. This guy is putting up monster rushing numbers and decent passing #s with WRs like Zay Jones, Robert Foster, and Isaiah McKenzie. 

Will be interesting to see what moves the Bills make at WR to try and help Allen more in 2019.

I still think Zay can be really good. Needs someone to throw to him for us to see.

36 minutes ago, dmb3684 said:

Allen is way worse than Mahomes/Watson.  Not really related to my point, but thanks.

How is it not related? The recency bias of Mahomes and Watson was because they are young multi-dimensional QB's that are possibly elite passers as well. Mahomes just passed for something like 50 TD's. Josh Allen has his rushing stats. I don't really think Josh Allen's ADP is going to jump up much at all.

2 hours ago, devaster said:

How is it not related? The recency bias of Mahomes and Watson was because they are young multi-dimensional QB's that are possibly elite passers as well. Mahomes just passed for something like 50 TD's. Josh Allen has his rushing stats. I don't really think Josh Allen's ADP is going to jump up much at all.

I just meant from a casual fantasy football player's standpoint they have a similar skill set and dummies will get tricked. You won't find me anywhere near Allen, but for the record I'm seeing 12.12 ADP at FFC. So we can just revisit in August. I'm saying it's in the 10s. Bet you three internet dollars.

• Like 1