urban2014

Josh Allen 2019 Outlook

How does he compare to guys like Winston, Stafford, Carr? 

I think he has the most upside out of all of them 

59 minutes ago, oresteszero said:

Right now I’m agonizing over dropping Goff for him. I too think his upside is off the charts and if he can still get you 14 with 4 turnovers as he did last week, that’s pretty damn good 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, oresteszero said:

Starting this week with confidence. Shoe in low qb1. He didn't play well against jets but he should improve 

Josh Allen has been the stream of the week on seemingly every podcast that I follow and every article / tweet that I’ve come across.

I was also already starting him confidently over Winston this week as my 2nd QB in a 2QB league even before seeing that he’s apparently everyone else’s favorite as well.

All of this tells me that he has a massive bust week incoming! Negative 8 fantasy points!

spacer.png

Edited by gufomel

2 minutes ago, gufomel said:

Josh Allen has been the stream of the week on seemingly every podcast that I follow and every article / tweet that I’ve come across.

I was also already starting him confidently over Winston this week as my 2nd QB in a 2QB league even before seeing that he’s apparently everyone else’s favorite as well.

All of this tells me that he has a massive bust week incoming! Negative 8 fantasy points!

spacer.png

I feel that way about both my qbs.  I have Goff and Allen and I feel like they're both being hyped up.  Both seem like they have huge bust potential this week.

Allen will bust if he gets injured, he's still developing so expect him to have some bad games along the way

Im locking my chops when he plays miami

Am i crazy for thinking he won't blow up this week and is getting a bit too hyped?    Dak did crush the Giants, but he was also at home.  Allen is still a bit rusty it seems, based on that first half vs the Jets.  

I think Buffalo wins the game, but i'm thinking a modest line for Josh here- 20-27 points from the offense.   I can't justify starting him in my lineup(s) where I own him despite the chatter.  

As a giants fan, I can assure you that this defense is Swiss cheese, comprised of almost entirely first and second year players. Bottom five in the league at the moment. Dak had all day to pass and constantly had wide open receivers last week. The linebacking core is especially weak. Really a perfect spot for Allen to bounce back from last weeks early struggles. Starting with confidence.

• Like 2

What is this "too hyped" non-sense?  Some sort of personal reverse-psychology?  Or you think Josh Allen is listening to fantasy blogs and getting too self confident in how he's going to tear up the Giants?  

No need to overthink it - the matchup is good.  Unless you have a stud QB, then you should be starting him.

1 hour ago, mattman444 said:

As a giants fan, I can assure you that this defense is Swiss cheese, comprised of almost entirely first and second year players. Bottom five in the league at the moment. Dak had all day to pass and constantly had wide open receivers last week. The linebacking core is especially weak. Really a perfect spot for Allen to bounce back from last weeks early struggles. Starting with confidence.

Thanks in advance for the sacrificial lamb. 😁

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, abc12345 said:

Best QB of the 2018 NFL Draft, as I said it before that draft.

I think he’s definitely top 2

2 hours ago, abc12345 said:

Best QB of the 2018 NFL Draft, as I said it before that draft.

That would be Lamar Jackson

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Itachi_is_the_goat said:

Looked good out there. Could have had way more points in a competitive game. Definitely top 10 QB 

I swear he was stuck at 20 points for an hour. Could've been so much better. Next week gonna be sweet.

i own murray and goff, and hopefully i can grab this dude. safe floor and only improving.

Probably gonna drop Cam for this dude this week.

I don't really pay attention to the Bills offense, can he keep up this kind of protection ROS?

hes my qb 1 now, gonna drop cousins and find another qb for bench

Just now, Rozr1 said:

hes my qb 1 now, gonna drop cousins and find another qb for bench

Redskins vs Phins during his bye, just gotta guess if its Keenum or Haskins.

43 minutes ago, Jin said:

I don't really pay attention to the Bills offense, can he keep up this kind of protection ROS?

Pats are a concern but he gets the phins twice. I am not overly concerned about the Titans (or Broncos).

19 minutes ago, brosephd said:

is he matchup proof?

They’ve played jets and giants 

kinda hard to tell at this point lol

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Jin said:

I believe he was QB1 over like the last 6 weeks of last season so I would say it is within reason. The fact that he runs so much is a huge boost.

For those of us streaming QB, I think Josh Allen has a pretty good chance to be our permanent guy. His rushing yards along with the Bills' willingness to use him as the goal line back, give him a high floor, while still possessing a high ceiling. He had four turnovers week 1 and still finished with 16 points. His throwing looks quite a bit better as well. Time will tell if he is matchup proof, but in the short term, he has another plus matchup this weekend with Cincinnati, which just got crushed by Jimmy G and the 49ers. I will be rolling him out there again and taking it week by week with him. Ideally he becomes matchup proof and we can utilize our bench to carry W/R/T players rather than another QB.

• Like 1

Cincy was absolutely lost out there vs SF it seemed, lots of wide open guys and horrid tackling.   At least for one more week, Allen looks safe.    Those crazy Bills fans are about to get a home opener with a 2-0 team, its both terrifying for the other team and the local sheriff's department    

• Haha 1