urban2014

Josh Allen 2019 Outlook

3 minutes ago, dudewithabadcat said:

I actually feel like that the amount of WR options is limiting Allen due to the fact he is not running for his life every play.

Good call, hahaha. I just feel a little better at home knowing that Buffalo finally has capable receivers to help move the ball down the field.

Best QB in the 2018 NFL Draft 

Better than Midget Mayfield

What a stud.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, lsdm6 said:

What a stud.

Excellent Fantasy QB, but outside of that, he still has ways to go. I wouldnt say hes better than Baker. Not hating, I drafted Allen late in both of my leagues, and have been on the hype train.

• Like 1

On 9/16/2019 at 12:05 PM, ponchsox said:

He's my new QB when Goff has a road game.

On 9/16/2019 at 12:15 PM, liyy1 said:

Same here. I really hope Goff turns it around through. His stat line was pretty miserable without that long pass to Kupp / run in for TD.

Same. I now have Allen, Goff, and Winston in the hopes that one will pick up steam and be my guy all year. More realistically, they'll all be bang or bust and it'll suck trying to figure out which one to start each week. 🙄

Normally I never roster backup QBs, much less TWO backups, but Allen looks like he's turned a corner and his talent has never been in question. With QB's dropping like flies, if nothing else he'll be a good trade piece later in the season. 

2 hours ago, lsdm6 said:

What a stud.

100% agree. If Allen had the skill players around him that Cleveland has, he'd be a top 5 QB easy. He has two road wins and has looked pretty good with journeymen receivers, a sub-par offensive line, and a 36 year old running back.  

What's holding him back right now is the lack of a home run threat at WR. Zay Jones is a 3rd year player who needs to step it up, because I can't see Allen finishing as a top 8 fantasy player if John Brown and Cole Beasley are his top receivers all year. 

I'm still just slightly happy with the results until i see the NE game.    I'm not trying to discount the wins, but the Jet game was full of mishaps.   I think people are smartly impressed with how he won that Giants game.   Very little in deep balls and rushing, much more accuracy.     We already knew he had it in him to do some serious WOW plays with his feet and arm strength, but we didnt know he could just move the chains regularly without the chaotic plays.     I just want to see "bad Josh Allen" be a thing of the past.  I feel like he'll get there- there's literally one o-lineman playing that was there last year, all new TE's, all new RB's, and only Zay and Foster at WR, neither seeing much.   

I just want to see him not drop a complete dud vs BB next Sunday, and of course, stay solid vs Cincy.    Decision making will be the key for me

On 9/18/2019 at 2:08 PM, lsdm6 said:

What a stud.

I rewatched a lot of the week 1 game versus the Jets on coaches film.  The one thing that struck me was how Darnold was always making calculated down and distances throws.  IE:  He'd occasionally take a deep shot, but most of the time when he slid around the pocket it was to dump the ball off on a high percentage pass.   Josh Allen still has a lot of "F it, I'm going deep" in him.   Gotta love it though, it's very fun to watch.

• Like 1

On 9/16/2019 at 11:12 AM, Br0kenB said:

he is just so much better than last year, he has literally improved at everything he sucked at last year. i am so so so excited. i believe he will finish between 8-10. remember the weather here gets bad pretty soon. the line looks pretty good too. things are great here right now.

I wonder if he's that much better or they just put some better talent around him.  Not that John Brown and Cole Beasley are world beaters, but they're better than Kelvin Benjamin (lol), Foster and whatever else he was throwing to last season.

Outside of Brian Hill in his Junior year, Josh Allen has never really had good talent around him at any level.  Wyoming, JuCo, High School...imagine if he had a Julio Jones, Tyreek Hill, etc.

first time firing him up. love watching new players play on teams i rarely watch. lets go!

This guy is a (fantasy) stud. And he's matchup proof both because of his legs and the fact that there won't be many games where he doesn't have to be the guy scoring for them.

The only QBs he's behind in fantasy scoring since he became the starter again last year are Mahomes, Watson, and Lamar. 

• Like 2

On 9/20/2019 at 11:53 AM, Iron-cock said:

I wonder if he's that much better or they just put some better talent around him.  Not that John Brown and Cole Beasley are world beaters, but they're better than Kelvin Benjamin (lol), Foster and whatever else he was throwing to last season.

Outside of Brian Hill in his Junior year, Josh Allen has never really had good talent around him at any level.  Wyoming, JuCo, High School...imagine if he had a Julio Jones, Tyreek Hill, etc.

i think he is legitimately better tbh. his timing has made a night and day improvement, and his short area accuracy has really improved. most noticeably, he is keeping his eyes down the field the entire play. these are all things he sucked at last year and it made me question whether he was the guy or not. we beat two bad teams so i'm not ready to crown him, but just from watching the progression, things seem very promising. he is doing the things good quarterbacks do.

• Like 3

On 9/20/2019 at 3:39 PM, BGDDYKWL said:

This guy is a (fantasy) stud. And he's matchup proof both because of his legs and the fact that there won't be many games where he doesn't have to be the guy scoring for them.

The only QBs he's behind in fantasy scoring since he became the starter again last year are Mahomes, Watson, and Lamar. 

Old man Frank Gore should run wild on Cincinnati. Not sure if they call QB designed plays at goal line or Gore scores 3 TD’s.

9 minutes ago, mjb said:

Old man Frank Gore should run wild on Cincinnati. Not sure if they call QB designed plays at goal line or Gore scores 3 TD’s.

I was mildly concerned about this so I checked out of curiosity. Gore hasn't even had 2 TDs in a game since 2016. 

• Thanks 3

1 hour ago, BGDDYKWL said:

I was mildly concerned about this so I checked out of curiosity. Gore hasn't even had 2 TDs in a game since 2016. 

Thank you for the response.

• Like 1

I've been a Josh Allen truther since last season. This guy is going to finish as a top 7 QB.

On 9/20/2019 at 5:53 AM, Iron-cock said:

Brown is a great fit for his skill set, he also flashed in AZ before vanishing in Baltimore. Allen was able to elevate Anthony Miller in college and Foster last year, so it would be interesting to see him play with a size/speed freak.

22 minutes ago, CamNewton said:

I've been a Josh Allen truther since last season. This guy is going to finish as a top 7 QB.

Top 6

• Like 1

3 hours ago, hoppychokes said:

Brown is a great fit for his skill set, he also flashed in AZ before vanishing in Baltimore. Allen was able to elevate Anthony Miller in college and Foster last year, so it would be interesting to see him play with a size/speed freak.

Brown only vanished in Baltimore because they put Lamar Jackson in there with no prep and completely changed their scheme. I think Brown had 4 TD with Flacco and 1 with Lamar. And you're correct in Arizona he was a poor man's T.Y. Hilton when healthy.

Anyhow, Robert Foster's 2018 numbers with Josh Allen extrapolate to a 1156 Yds, 8 TD season. Good for both Brown and Allen.