urban2014

Josh Allen 2019 Outlook

I started him over Watson and not entirely happy with the decision, as this was his sloppiest game of the year by far. However, he played pretty well for most of the game and really has ice in his veins in the 4th quarter.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Br0kenB said:

I started him over Watson and not entirely happy with the decision, as this was his sloppiest game of the year by far. However, he played pretty well for most of the game and really has ice in his veins in the 4th quarter.

Yeah, didn't see the game but was hoping for more from him today. 

4 minutes ago, Br0kenB said:

Allen’s floor is very solid. Was hoping for more points today though.

He was an inch from a rushing TD, this is true. The line was not the best today, but I think Josh will be ready to roll next week for New England. Missing Singletary was not ideal, but he should be back to open things up as well. Yeldon is bad. Josh will keep this team in games all year long with that defense.

1 yard short of a good day😭

Really love his never quit attitude. He’s gotta stop making boneheaded lapses in focus plays though. That shiz won’t work against Beli. Still the Patriots may have a slew of players out next week. So there is a chance and it’s at home.

I started him over Rodgers this week and got mocked by my opponent. He put up 8 more than Rodgers and I’m up 90+ points. His rushing ability give him a nice floor! I think he’s top 10 ROS, he also gets to play Miami twice!

4 minutes ago, philly4life553 said:

I started him over Rodgers this week and got mocked by my opponent. He put up 8 more than Rodgers and I’m up 90+ points. His rushing ability give him a nice floor! I think he’s top 10 ROS, he also gets to play Miami twice!

Those could be some of his weaker games. I like when it's a close game or Buffalo is losing and they turn him loose. 

15 minutes ago, crotchcrickets said:

less than desirable matchup next week

Yep, he's going to face a ton of pressure and faces excellent corners.

13 minutes ago, crotchcrickets said:

less than desirable matchup next week

I'm not so sure, chances are he's going to have to really sling it to try and keep up with the Pats offense. Probably going to see a lot pass attempts. 

Plus I think Pats D has had some pretty cake matchups and is looking better than they are. Coming off playing the Dolphins dumpster fire and Luke Falk, it's going to be a big change for them seeing Allen. 

2 minutes ago, handyandy86 said:

I'm not so sure, chances are he's going to have to really sling it to try and keep up with the Pats offense. Probably going to see a lot pass attempts. 

Plus I think Pats D has had some pretty cake matchups and is looking better than they are. Coming off playing the Dolphins dumpster fire and Luke Falk, it's going to be a big change for them seeing Allen. 

I actually think Buffalo will keep this game fairly close. Belichick will game plan to force Allen outside the pocket and make poor throws. I would definitely sit if you have another decent option.

In a way, a struggling win was probably good for them.   They reeked of overconfidence all week and got humbled without it hurting them in the standings.    

Thinking on Sunday the bubble bursts a bit though.   The line likely isn't good enough to keep his pocket clean, and NE's secondary is one of the best.    Meanwhile, Brady's cruising.  The defense is playing great but they're gonna give up more than teens this week.  

Also i expect Daboll to get a little crazy with the play calling.   What that means exactly, i dunno, but maybe aerial assault?  Josh runs 15 times?   Tons of jet sweeps?     

The fact that it's in Buffalo gives the bills a chance to keep this competitive. They literally snoozed yesterday and it almost cost them the game. They're a good young team- but yeah when the bills are losing Allen is always a threat with his legs.

Very tough. Odds of this game is just 44 pts and Pat's favored by 7. Really low scoring game- i think we need to fade him this week. Personally don't have a great feeling about it against Patriots as it's a bad mismatch of talent and scheme.

You want to send a marginal (irl) qb up against the greatest defensive genius in the history of the league?  Allen is a very good fantasy quarterback in most formats because he rushes for quite a few yards, but watching his team struggle to beat the lowly Bengals last Sunday should help dispell the notion that Allen is anything more than that.

Last week did not help Allen's chances of making it onto my roster this week.  Could be a good running week for him.  I am really interested in how the Patriots defend a mobile quarterback - I think that Josh runs for his life this week.  Could be a lot of fun. 

Theres noone on my bench that I'm really willing to drop in order to stream a QB and fade Allen, so I may just wing it with him and say a prayer. Anybody else doing the same thing?

Don't play him this week.

• Thanks 1