Sign in to follow this  
svdude

Which option for final 4 keepers? WHIR

12 team 5x5 roto keepers league, keep 15, start C,1B,2B,3B,SS,IF,4OF,DH,5SP,3RP,1P.  Set lineups weekly, start season with 2 Free Agent pickups and gain another every 2 weeks.  I think our format leans towards keeping more elite SP, as we can't stream with the limited FA pickups.

I've asked for a lot of help on various trades the last couple weeks (Ohtani trade fell through, JD MArtinez for Kluber is trade, he would not take Verlander to help me with salaries, and so I found a trade for cheap Suarez which gives me other options).

My 11 Keepers set in stone
1B – Hoskins (1B/OF)
2B - Albies
3B - Arenado
SS - Lindor
IF - Machado (3B/SS)
OF - Benintendi, Meadows
DH - Senzel
SP - Verlander, Nola, Berrios
RP - 

Option 1

OF - Dahl

SP - Kluber, Mikolas, R. Lopez

Option 2

OF - JD Martinez, Dahl

SP - Mikolas, R. Lopez

Option 3
OF - Dahl

SP - Kluber, Suarez
RP - Leclerck

Option 4
OF - JD Martinez, Dahl
SP - Suarez
RP - Leclerck

Option 5

OF - JD Martinez

SP - Mikolas, R. Lopez

RP - Leclerck

Option 1 is what my team will be with no trades.  Really like the idea of keeping lots of Elite/Quality SP, but don't like going into the draft without an RP.  Happy with bats overall.

Option 2 - Swap out Kluber for JD Martinez.  Bats become Elite.  SP, takes a hit though and still no closer.

Option 3 - Replace Mikolas/Lopez with Leclerck/Suarez.  SP takes a little hit, but I get to go into the draft with a closer.

Option 4 - I do both trades and improve bats with JD Martinez, but SP takes a hit with no Kluber, Mikolas, Lopez.  But I go into draft with closer.

Option 5 - Option 2, but replace Lecrerck with Dahl since I now have JD.

Which option would you go with and why?  

Edited by svdude

4 elite bats leclerc top 10

3 kluber leclerc

1 2 5 no

Miles not a good keeper

I'd go option 4.

You have to get Martinez in this deal, he's the best player by far of those listed, so 1 and 3 are out. The other three are kind of a toss up for me. Do you want to give up the outfielder with upside, the SP or the RP? If it were me I guess I'd give up Mikolas because you've got a good start on SP already. Gotta love Dahl's upside at Coors and LeClerc will help your team more than a SP will.

Option 5 or option 3.    I'm not usually a fan of keeping closers, however this is 12 teams, keep 15.  closers simply wont be as readily available in the draft as in most leagues and during the season they're tougher to pick up. 

Same for Miles Mikolas.  Most keeper leagues he's not a keeper.  But 12 teams, 15 keepers - you guys keep 180 players.   There's nothing wrong with him. Figure in some regression and his early adp in the 120's seems about right.  When 180 players are off the board right off the bat, having a guy ranked in around 120 already on your roster is not so bad.  5 or 3 because it gives you 2 more SP and a closer - both of which your team needs more than 2 more OF.

I'd go with Option 2 or 5. Any combo with JD and Mikolas. I love Mikolas this year. Sounds like a really good guy for this type of format. He threw 200 innings last year which is hard to come by. When you can't stream, that's so valuable. 

And i think there is major K growth to be had for Mikolas with a 9.7% SwSt%