CrypTviLL

Matt Olson 2019 Outlook

I said he had Bellinger type power earlier in this thread. I really believe he does. Those 24 hamates in 59 games his rookie year don’t lie.

0 hits in June with Ks piling up lately. I will bench him today to see if he breaks out.

Anybody know anything? He apparently was HBP and only had 1 AB last night. Can't find anything else on Twitter...

He was HBP in the 1st, then drew a walk followed by a K.  Mark Canha pinch hit for him in the 9th, though the A's were down 6-0 at the time.  Doesn't seem like anything to be concerned with.

• Thanks 2

25 minutes ago, RJWMN24 said:

He was HBP in the 1st, then drew a walk followed by a K.  Mark Canha pinch hit for him in the 9th, though the A's were down 6-0 at the time.  Doesn't seem like anything to be concerned with.

Ah ok thanks for the info.

1 hour ago, bradwatson said:

Anybody know anything? He apparently was HBP and only had 1 AB last night. Can't find anything else on Twitter...

If a 79 mph pitch put him on the IL I’d be selling everywhere....

Since May 7 (the day Olson was activated), guess who leads the AL with 11 home runs?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, hangin n wangin said:

How many hamate bones does this guy have? Rotoworld claimed a sap of some sort. I demand an explanation.

they also said Sandoval was putting on weight and that could add power. 

Before he hit #11, he tried bunting for a hit against the shift. It went foul, so I guess he decided to launch the next pitch over the outfield wall.

What's really scary is his hr/fb rate is slightly high, but within the realm of sustainability (as opposed to his rookie season). 

Rotoworld Blurb:

Matt Olson hit his 14th home run of the year in Thursday's loss to the Angels.

Advice: Angels starter Griffin Canning was pretty good on this night, but in the fourth inning he left a pitch where you don't leave a pitch to power hitters like Olson. The 25-year-old made him pay, launching a 431-foot homer to center to cut into the Angels' lead. It was the only hit for Olson in four at-bats on the evening. Having the hamate bone removed from your hand is supposed to sap your power, at least anecdotally, but Olson must have missed the memo -- in 46 games since returning from the injury, the first baseman has 14 home runs. Sap that.

They are still at it with this sap thing.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, hangin n wangin said:

This guy is a legitimate beast.

Best hamate in the league!

• Like 1

• Another bomb today. I'm starting to wonder if Olson will make it to 40 homers despite missing a month of the season.
  • Like 1

Wish I had the good sense to take a chance on him with the injury.  Congrats guys.  

Frustrating because I knew he was one of the premier power guys and still didn't roll the dice.

The moment he came back I have started him with no regards. Yes, he'll have his 0-4, 3 K games, but the dude will NEVER be on my bench due to his immense power. There are just some guys I play with no regard for matchups. If Oakland benches him, then I'll make a move, but guys who can easily hit a ball 450 feet don't go to the bench. 

well, this thread has certainly quieted down.  This is my post to get Olson going again.

• Like 1

On 8/8/2019 at 10:21 AM, tesla said:

well, this thread has certainly quieted down.  This is my post to get Olson going again.

He was on base 3 times tonight. He is really doing a good job of not being such an all or nothing player this year and his at bats are really pretty solid, but I am ready for some more ALL. 

• Like 1

i think it might have worked.

hopefully this is this is the start of some bountiful HR's

7 minutes ago, tesla said:

He really had some good ABs today, his strike out was just a brilliant 3-2 change by Gio. 

On 8/11/2019 at 4:37 PM, tesla said:

2 bombs tonight. 25 on the season in 327 at bats.