KilloWertz

Jameson Taillon 2019 Outlook

Just popping in here and noticed he didn't have a thread yet.

Really took some nice strides last season, especially in the 2nd half.  I'd say definitely Top 15-20 potential for this season.  Wins may be a bit of a problem, but that looks like it should be the only frustration.

Pirates should be around 80 wins this year so wins shouldn't be a huge problem.  The breaking stuff really helped him a lot last year and it should continue in 19

Gets a lot of love by experts as breakout, pitcher list has him no.18 on their starting pitchers rankings. 

Anybody a little bit nervous because of his below average spring training performances? Anybody anxious about his first start against the Reds in Cincinnati? I know I am...

59 minutes ago, BCMarch10 said:

Anybody a little bit nervous because of his below average spring training performances? Anybody anxious about his first start against the Reds in Cincinnati? I know I am...

Nope.  It's Spring Training.  Granted he has a much longer and more prestigious track record, but Corey Kluber had a much worse Spring Training and I'm not worried about him.

ST is time of experimentation. As a pro you know it's all BS - so you work on stuff. 

When it counts JT is trending well.

Posted (edited)

I like this guy a lot. Like top 7-10 a lot. I think he has a nutso season. 

Edited by sleepysock

3 hours ago, sleepysock said:

I like this guy a lot. Like top 7-10 a lot. I think he has a nutso season. 

gonna need to up the K's!

Taillon removed after 2 innings.  6 unearned with terrible defense behind him 3 errors by Newman in inning.  Taillon took ball off head.  Watched it on tv.   Rizzo line drive barely grazed his head and hit his glove first.   He  argued he was fine and stayed in to finish the inning and likely removed because he threw a ton of pitches with frustrating errors and bad breaks *baez hit rbi single after ball bounced in front of plate.  

Newman owes Tallon a game check. Kid was an absolute butcher in the 2nd inning. 

No stats to back it up I just have a feeling he's going to carve these guys up today.  A noon game in Pittsburgh is like 9 or 10 AM for Arizona guys, so that might mess with them a little bit.

11 minutes ago, JJ1223 said:

No stats to back it up I just have a feeling he's going to carve these guys up today.  A noon game in Pittsburgh is like 9 or 10 AM for Arizona guys, so that might mess with them a little bit.

Sooooo, play the over run total? #cuzbaseball

I really think Jameson is sort of a 'snoozer stud' ie-a player that just ends up being so steady that it almost becomes boring, but is super valuable in this new landscape of SPs using these super balls...I think he's capable of gaudy K totals but it just seems that PIT has their staff almost sequencing to contact or something? It's very odd...

• Haha 2

Just now, ST. STEVEN said:

Sooooo, play the over run total? #cuzbaseball

I really think Jameson is sort of a 'snoozer stud' ie-a player that just ends up being so steady that it almost becomes boring, but is super valuable in this new landscape of SPs using these super balls...I think he's capable of gaudy K totals but it just seems that PIT has their staff almost sequencing to contact or something? It's very odd...

Completely agree with the "snoozer stud" comment.  And that's just fine with me.

Sorry, boys.  I jinxed it.

• Haha 2

What the hell. I had the understanding that west coast teams didn’t know how to play baseball before 11AM

1 minute ago, bjvance5 said:

Over rated

Think so too.  Thought he found something last season though.

1 minute ago, hangin n wangin said:

I just traded for him too. :(

He’s a solid pitcher, but people over rate him. I still think he could be an ace (for fantasy purposes) but he’s just not right now

Yea, I never viewed him as an ace for fantasy (at least not yet). I didn't even like him as a number 2 in fantasy to be honest. I preferred someone with more K upside. But the main reason he was ranked so high is because of his second half last year. It was amazing. And then I'm assuming more K's were expected this year with how he progressed over last year. But it's still early and there is still so much season left. He could still be all of those things. His stuff is good. I still expect a low 3 ERA with around a K per inning through out the course of the year, which is very valuable.

Btw, I traded for Taillon last year as well. I specifically remember him being trashed by a lot of people in his thread through out the first half of the season. As the season went on, those posters disappeared and looked silly as hell. Hopefully this isn't the beginning of that again.

• Like 2

Btw, I traded for Taillon last year as well. I specifically remember him being trashed by a lot of people in his thread through out the first half of the season. As the season went on, those posters disappeared and looked silly as hell. Hopefully this isn't the beginning of that again.

Yeah definitely not over-reacting to this one start, I just expected more and I'm disappointed.

Haha yeah for our sake of pride, let’s hope not.... but for my fantasy team I’d love for him to make me look silly as hell