SuperJoint

Jared Goff 2019 Outlook

Just now, ponchsox said:

I'm rolling with him, my backup is Josh Allen and I don't want to pluck a trash ww QB as a one week rental.

Exact same boat here.

Posted (edited)

Take out the stinker in week 1 and Goff is QB7 over the past 3 weeks. Certainly better than anything on most waiver wires. [...] 

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story
  • Like 2

After watching some of the tape from his last game, most his interceptions came from his hand being hit, not him throwing into coverage. He is still extremely accurate and most his throws.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, pdog109 said:

Anyone starting him TNF @ seattle? seems like a bad matchup, might have to use flacco or bridgewater.

Unsure still. I was going to just dump him and stream Dalton at home against the Cardinals but that seems far less appealing 24 hours later. Point being he's totally droppable and I'd classify him as a very borderline own.

Edited by miasma16

TNF blows. I'm not starting him unless I have no options whatsoever.

Posted (edited)

The picks are frustrating, but I think the arrow is pointing up for Goff. The Rams are clearly going to throw the ball a ton. Last year, the offense revolved around Gurley. This year, it revolves around Goff. 

That said, I don't see Thursdays game against Seattle being a barn burner like the Tampa Bay game. I'm starting Winston instead. 

Edited by OrangeAggie

Posted (edited)
On 9/29/2019 at 10:48 PM, LionKid90 said:

I wouldn’t say he sucks, but he’s definitely struggling. If you still rank all the QBs (real life, not fantasy), he is still at worst in the middle of the group.

He didn’t help his team today, but it’s not like the defense did much better.

Yeah I dont get that "Goff sucks" statement at all. He might not be a top 5 QB real life QB but he is far from the worst.

You could do a hell alot worst than Goff in your team. Theres plenty of other teams with awful QB play.

Edited by cashvillesent
  • Like 1

70 attempts/500 yards = diminishing returns. Throw in the Winston-esque 4 TOs (one for a TD) and you've got yourself a nightmare. At home. 6 picks in 4 games.

Something is seriously wrong here. 

Now he's on the road with basically 3 days to correct himself from that debacle? 

On basic logic alone he is not a good start Thurs night.

• Like 1

He was terrible last week at home and was like 40 points worse in QB rating on the road last year

3 hours ago, SuperJoint said:

70 attempts/500 yards = diminishing returns. Throw in the Winston-esque 4 TOs (one for a TD) and you've got yourself a nightmare. At home. 6 picks in 4 games.

Now he's on the road with basically 3 days to correct himself from that debacle? 

Logic has no power here!

Yeah I don't want to start him either but really don't have a choice.

Hoping the defense is tired on TNF lol.

Yeah for the most part I think Goff will be fine. He still has great weapons around him and a great play caller.

The interceptions have been a bit of a fluke. One from Sunday was his arm was hit or the ball was tipped, the other was on a 4th and short and the play looked broken once the ball was snapped.

Like someone else mentioned, they are more of a passing than running offense this season. The road games still worry me but I think he is still a pretty safe QB1 at home.

9 hours ago, SuperJoint said:

You're right that something is wrong, but it's not Goff. He'll be fine, once the playcalling and OL gets fixed, but I wouldn't feel confident starting him until then. 

• Like 1

Hopefully the coaches can get some of the OL issues fixed.

• Like 1

Thursday Night, on the road, Division Opponent, I just can't roll him out this week. I hope and pray he blows up on my bench for confidence moving forward, but I just cannot justify the massive amounts of red flags for him this week. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, sasnumberonefan said:

Thursday Night, on the road, Division Opponent, I just can't roll him out this week. I hope and pray he blows up on my bench for confidence moving forward, but I just cannot justify the massive amounts of red flags for him this week. 

As an owner who has no choice but to roll him out, I appreciate the pep talk :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

If it wasn't a TNF, I'd be more confident. Now it's a coin flip for me between him and A-Rod. 

Yeah, I'm in the same boat as those that really have no other choice but to roll with him tonight. His H2H numbers against Seattle are actually not too bad (better at home obviously, but not horrible in Seattle). And, Seattle is middle of the pack in terms of FG allowed so far this season. They key is whether or not they commit to Gurley and the ground game early IMO. 

Fingers crossed.  

Just FYI Goff plays surprisingly well on Thursday Night Football.

Went for a 465/5 in 2018 on TNF and 292/3 in 2017 on TNF the year before!

Thursday nights are made for Goff!

• Like 1

Starting him over the option of streaming Winston/Brissett...Please fantasy gods, give me strength...

• Like 2

Starting him over Winston this week as well. My expectations are lowered based on how many turnovers he’s had this season, but the Seahawks haven’t faced high level offenses all year (Dalton, mason rudolph, teddy bridge, struggling ARI) so it feels like any stat about their defensive stats are somewhat skewed. I think goff can have a solid outing and show he’s at least worth starting outside of shy away matchups. Crossing fingers 

5 minutes ago, Washington2014 said:

Starting him over Winston this week as well. My expectations are lowered based on how many turnovers he’s had this season, but the Seahawks haven’t faced high level offenses all year (Dalton, mason rudolph, teddy bridge, struggling ARI) so it feels like any stat about their defensive stats are somewhat skewed. I think goff can have a solid outing and show he’s at least worth starting outside of shy away matchups. Crossing fingers 

Seattle was 9th in fantasy points last year and is probably the toughest place in the league, plus they added Clowney. Ansah has as many sacks after coming back last week as Frank Clark has in 4 games in Kansas City. Your point about the matchups is valid, but this defense should be expected to play well, and I don't think it will bear out.

Loved what I saw tonight. Ton of passes, accurate, and had a TD that wasn't called. His INT was due to a WR mistake. All this in a hostile road-game environment. This performance quells my initial concerns and bodes VERY well ROS.

• Haha 2

Probably should've had at least one more TD.  Whether is be the Woods one, the TE down at the 1 (Gurley vulture) etc.  Would have been a decent fantasy day with one extra TD, especially in Seattle.

• Like 2