SuperJoint

Jared Goff 2019 Outlook

2 minutes ago, devaster said:

I don't really get it either. Their OLine isn't good this season and it is easier to run block than pass block. They should be doing everything they can to run the ball and set up play-action. Like they did the last two seasons. They have other RB's as well if Gurley doesn't have all the juice they need. Looking to me like McVay has hit a wall with his scheme. I remember when they happened to Chip Kelley after a couple seasons as well.

Funny I just heard the same comparison a few days ago lol. It’s spot on. 

2 minutes ago, Chippa said:

Goff wishes he was Cousins.

you think Goff couldve played as well as Kirk did last year with that 2018 minnesota o-line? Of course not. 

Goff turns into his true self when he doesnt have a great o-line. And his true self is the rookie we saw under Jeff Fisher

Agreed.  Goff is no comparison to Cousins

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Chippa said:

Goff wishes he was Cousins.

you think Goff couldve played as well as Kirk did last year with that 2018 minnesota o-line? Of course not. 

Goff turns into his true self when he doesnt have a great o-line. And his true self is the rookie we saw under Jeff Fisher

maybe I was being a bit generous. Both do fumble at an incredible rate though. Certain qbs just tend to avoid the pressure like it’s their second nature. The great ones shift their feet slightly to sidestep pressure. Both Goff and Cousins just cannot predict where the pressure comes from and get stuck in brutal pressure situations.

8 minutes ago, Chippa said:

Lets pump the brakes on calling Jackson great. We’ll see if that running style has longevity. 

I remember when people were calling Kaepernick great

He's not just a runner, check the stats. 

And if I am referring to this year Jackson is certainly great. He's the #1 QB in fantasy and possibly in real life (for the season). 

22 minutes ago, mbell317 said:

He's not just a runner, check the stats. 

And if I am referring to this year Jackson is certainly great. He's the #1 QB in fantasy and possibly in real life (for the season). 

Don't ever disrespect Russell again like that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I knew he sucked, so when he actually looked legit I was like wow. I don’t know as much as I thought. But now I see I was right and he blows. So I’m back to thinking I’m smart 

People actually started him? Unless you play in a two QB league, he should not have been started.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mbell317 said:

Strongly disagree. Goff is just not dynamic. He just stands there. He makes it easy on opposing D's. Completely one dimensional. He looks for his first or second option and that's it. 

Mahomes or Lamar Jackson can create things even with pressure. Brees and others can as well. 

Goff is simply not very talented or smart. I've been saying this since week 1. If you look back several pages I said this, so I'm not just piling on now. 

The Ravens have a top 5 O line, even the Chiefs O line is much better than the Rams. besides, comparing an under the center, QB who plays in a pro style offense to highly mobile QBs who play out of shotgun 80% of the time and run RPOs every other play is absurd. Apples to oranges. 

3 minutes ago, LionKid90 said:

People actually started him? Unless you play in a two QB league, he should not have been started.

Or you play in a league that charges you $5 for every move and you cant just go streaming QBs like you can in lame ESPN leagues. Or you have a good team where it doesn't matter what your QB does. I started him, but I fall into both those categories. If Goff makes or breaks your week, you don't have a good team, at all. 

Edited by Dexter75
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Dexter75 said:

Or you play in a league that charges you $5 for every move and you cant just go streaming QBs like you can in lame ESPN leagues. Or you have a good team where it doesn't matter what your QB does. I started him, but I fall into both those categories. If Goff makes or breaks your week, you don't have a good team, at all. 

Yeah that’s rough if you have to stream and depend on him. I don’t want to be the “I told you so” guy, but he probably would have been near the bottom of QBs for me. Road Goff is bad enough,  but without Cooks and going up against one of the best pass rushes set him up for failure this week.

I wouldn't start Goff in his next two...even at home vs CHI & BAL, both got strong Dlines. Wk 14 is probably the only good option vs SEA. Goff is droppable at this point. There's probably better options on the wire. I rather take a shot on Daniel Jones going forward (solid wk 13-16 match ups)

• Like 1

Holding strictly because of his Weeks 13 and 14 matchups of @ARI and vs SEA.. I think those are two shootouts against relatively soft defenses/pass rushes where he could feast. No way you can trust him in the semis/finals @DAL and @SF, but Weeks 13 and 14 are very important.

17 hours ago, Dexter75 said:

I mean 3 points out of your QB probably cost you your week if you played against Lamar or mahomes. 

2 hours ago, Ryansm11 said:

I mean 3 points out of your QB probably cost you your week if you played against Lamar or mahomes. 

Or Daniel Jones...or Kyler Murray

It's definitely decision time for me owning him in the 5th-6th rd in a Dynasty next year. I'm inclined to wait and see what they do in 2020 draft/FA. If they address the OL in a serious way I might be inclined to hold. I highly doubt the Rams scapegoat Goff and go in another direction at QB. The talent still exists in that offense for Goff to be a serious asset. It's not happening this year.

3 minutes ago, SuperJoint said:

It's definitely decision time for me owning him in the 5th-6th rd in a Dynasty next year. I'm inclined to wait and see what they do in 2020 draft/FA. If they address the OL in a serious way I might be inclined to hold. I highly doubt the Rams scapegoat Goff and go in another direction at QB. The talent still exists in that offense for Goff to be a serious asset. It's not happening this year.

Where are they getting OL help with no draft capital and Im assuming (to lazy to look) not much cap space?

People make too much excuses for this guy. Yeah the OL is bad but thats been the case for a lot of QBs. At the very list he still has lots of good weapons around him.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Evincar said:

Where are they getting OL help with no draft capital and Im assuming (to lazy to look) not much cap space?

People make too much excuses for this guy. Yeah the OL is bad but thats been the case for a lot of QBs. At the very list he still has lots of good weapons around him.

That's a good question and I really don't know, but I've seen teams make ridic moves during draft/FA because they are dead set on addressing a specific problem. The OL is the Rams biggest problem I'm sue you don't disagree. 

This isn't an "excuse" it's a reality - Rams' OL is one of the worst in the league.

• Thanks 1

The Rams will enter Week 11's home matchup against the Bears with a 5-4 record. Goff will be a high-end QB2 then.

Laughing-Men-In-Suits.jpg

• Rams RT Rob Havenstein (knee) is week to week.

He suffered a meniscus injury in the Week 10 loss to the Steelers. The L.A. offensive line is in complete shambles, losing LG Joseph Noteboom to a torn ACL a few weeks back before C Brian Allen suffered a season-ending knee injury of his own against Pittsburgh. Havenstein is currently Pro Football Focus' fourth-worst tackle out of 75 qualifiers. This offensive line is is brutal shape.

Nov 11, 2019, 8:13 PM ET

•  

Rams C Brian Allen will miss the remainder of the season after suffering a knee injury in the Week 10 loss to the Steelers.

Allen and LG Joseph Noteboom were plugged into the lineup as inexperienced sophomores to open the season, and both were the team's weakest links prior to suffering season-ending knee injuries. In Allen's absence, the Rams moved RG Austin Blythe to center, Austin Corbett took over at left guard, and David Edwards manned right guard. Allen is Pro Football Focus' fourth-worst center out of 35 qualifiers.

Nov 11, 2019, 8:10 PM ET

One look at his schedule will tell you this is an easy drop. 

Fantasy wise, you had no business starting him (and probably don't for the rest of the season), but saying he's trash is just ignorant. What more do you want him to do with a high school offensive line? 

A pocket passer needs a POCKET to throw from. You fix the OL, you fix everything else on that offense.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, afl5013 said:

Fantasy wise, you had no business starting him (and probably don't for the rest of the season), but saying he's trash is just ignorant. What more do you want him to do with a high school offensive line? 

A pocket passer needs a POCKET to throw from. You fix the OL, you fix everything else on that offense.

Sure, but Goff is trash anyways

On 9/4/2019 at 8:33 AM, afl5013 said:

I'm convinced your a boxscore watcher. Go watch the Vikings or KC games from last year and tell me there's nothing special about his talent. 

Hey bud, still think Goff is top 10?

Edited by mattlol