SuperJoint

Jared Goff 2019 Outlook

43 minutes ago, mattlol said:

Hey bud, still think Goff is top 10?

Back with a vengeance this weekend, "bud." 300 and 3 scores.

13 hours ago, SuperJoint said:

That's a good question and I really don't know, but I've seen teams make ridic moves during draft/FA because they are dead set on addressing a specific problem. The OL is the Rams biggest problem I'm sue you don't disagree. 

This isn't an "excuse" it's a reality - Rams' OL is one of the worst in the league.

🤔

• Like 1

8 hours ago, nb009 said:

One look at his schedule will tell you this is an easy drop. 

Really? Because I see 3 really bad secondarys coming up. Baltimore, Arizona and Seattle. The 21st, 30th and 22nd ranked passing defenses. Baltimore and Seattle are homes games for Goff. Looks like a great schedule to me...

Edited by Dexter75

Where were all you “Goff is trash” clowns the last two weeks when he was putting up 25 and 22 points? Oh that’s right, in hiding. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dexter75 said:

Really? Because I see 3 really bad secondarys coming up. Baltimore, Arizona and Seattle. The 21st, 30th and 22nd ranked passing defenses. Baltimore and Seattle are homes games for Goff. Looks like a great schedule to me...

Ravens secondary is a lot better now with Peters.

1 minute ago, Dexter75 said:

Where were all you “Goff is trash” clowns the last two weeks when he was putting up 25 and 22 points? Oh that’s right, in hiding. 

Yeah, nothing screams elite quite like mediocre outputs against the Falcons and Bengals. You got us!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Dexter75 said:

Goff is trash, but I am starting with confidence this week since he hasn't had back to back duds and he's at home.

giphy.gif

Edited by FitzMagic
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, mattlol said:

Yeah, nothing screams elite quite like mediocre outputs against the Falcons and Bengals. You got us!

268 yards and 2 TDs, 1 rushing TD 25 points 

372 yards 2 TDs 22.9 points 

yea, real mediocre. Mediocre is your average Jimmy G 160 yards and 1 TD game for 12 points. 

Edited by Dexter75

Helped win me a title two years ago, so I have a soft spot for him, but, yeah, he is not good.

I'm stuck with him - nothing better out there. Driskel just put up a decent game against this D. He was decent at LTU - who knows - maybe he's better than Goff. 

Considering my alternative similarly-horrific QB I'll bet on Goff at home this week.

With that O-Line it doesn't matter where he plays & you got CHI then the BAL...

3 hours ago, SuperJoint said:

I'm stuck with him - nothing better out there. Driskel just put up a decent game against this D. He was decent at LTU - who knows - maybe he's better than Goff. 

Considering my alternative similarly-horrific QB I'll bet on Goff at home this week.

Same boat

You better be in a deep a** league to start this guy going forward. Everyone smart has gotten off this boat. If he’s your only option You should have traded for a qb the last few weeks

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Jrt80 said:

You should have traded for a qb the last few weeks

LOL 

not goff's fault. the offense line is brutal...the game is won in the trenches and didnt they lose 2 more offensive line men last weekend? sheesh..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dannyz6969 said:

not goff's fault. the offense line is brutal...the game is won in the trenches and didnt they lose 2 more offensive line men last weekend? sheesh..

So it’s Not Goff’s fault that things aren’t  perfectly set up for him like last year? In that case we shouldn’t expect Brady to be good, bc his online is beat up. That excuse doesn’t fly & honestly compared to other teams Goff should be more than capable of putting up numbers. Throw Russell Wilson in this offense and see what happens. 

5 hours ago, Jrt80 said:

So it’s Not Goff’s fault that things aren’t  perfectly set up for him like last year? In that case we shouldn’t expect Brady to be good, bc his online is beat up. That excuse doesn’t fly & honestly compared to other teams Goff should be more than capable of putting up numbers. Throw Russell Wilson in this offense and see what happens. 

No... it's not. How would the team not being as talented as last year be Goff's fault? Isn't that on the GM/coach? 

It does fly. Goff is a good QB right now, not a great one, but guess what? The guy is 25 years old and a missed FG away from 6-3 with a high school offensive line, a concussed #1 WR, and a RB on 1 leg. No one is comparing him to Tom Brady or Russell Wilson (who are elite!) except you. People are so dramatic nowadays, and it's all because he isn't performing in fantasy football. WATCH THE GAMES!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Chippa said:

I cant believe jared goff has fanboys

People can say what they want about Goff but he has put up some big fantasy statlines this season.  He's like Jameis Winston in that he basically sucks in real life but can be very useful for fantasy with the right matchup's.  I'm 7-3 in a 2 qb league where Goff is my second qb.

There are numerous reasons why a guy is underperforming. Yeah the Oline is horrible. Guys dropping passes on crucial plays. Guys not blocking runs well. Geoff is far from terrible and almost any QB without wheels would fail on this team. Drew Breese would look like T.Y. Detmer on this team. #nothisfault

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, sjm76 said:

People can say what they want about Goff but he has put up some big fantasy statlines this season.  He's like Jameis Winston in that he basically sucks in real life but can be very useful for fantasy with the right matchup's.  I'm 7-3 in a 2 qb league where Goff is my second qb.

He's also put up a couple of real klunkers (SF @ home and @ Pitt). And, he was drafted by many (at least by me) to be the starting QB, not a back-up QB. He's currently QB 16 on the season (in my scoring system), so yeah...he's QB2 for sure. 

And, to those pointing to the crappy o-line, drops, etc., yeah I get it. But, you can apply that to a lot of teams that are getting better play out of their QB, at least in terms of FF production (Philip Rivers, Jamis Winston and Gardner Minshew all have more FP to this point in the season). He just doesn't do well under pressure and/or when the play breaks down. I would only start him if the match up was ideal (and a home game too, of course). So, maybe week #13 @ Ari. Otherwise, the QB I drafted to be my starter is riding the pine for my team. Start otherwise at your own risk/peril. 

25 minutes ago, Krambone said:

There are numerous reasons why a guy is underperforming. Yeah the Oline is horrible. Guys dropping passes on crucial plays. Guys not blocking runs well. Geoff is far from terrible and almost any QB without wheels would fail on this team. Drew Breese would look like T.Y. Detmer on this team. #nothisfault

There are qb’s whom you would prob consider to be worse than goff, who have put up better seasons behind worse o-lines

just true. Goff isnt good. He needs a stacked roster just to be decent

Edited by Chippa

49 minutes ago, The G Man said:

He's also put up a couple of real klunkers (SF @ home and @ Pitt). And, he was drafted by many (at least by me) to be the starting QB, not a back-up QB. He's currently QB 16 on the season (in my scoring system), so yeah...he's QB2 for sure. 

And, to those pointing to the crappy o-line, drops, etc., yeah I get it. But, you can apply that to a lot of teams that are getting better play out of their QB, at least in terms of FF production (Philip Rivers, Jamis Winston and Gardner Minshew all have more FP to this point in the season). He just doesn't do well under pressure and/or when the play breaks down. I would only start him if the match up was ideal (and a home game too, of course). So, maybe week #13 @ Ari. Otherwise, the QB I drafted to be my starter is riding the pine for my team. Start otherwise at your own risk/peril. 

I agree with you about Goff putting up clunkers as he had a 1 point game earlier in the season that cost me a matchup.

Luckily I have a decent 3rd qb in Daniel Jones so I've been playing the matchup's with him and Goff.

Edited by sjm76

28 minutes ago, AlexxelA said:

Dropped for Foles, Mayfield

Same they got some juicy match ups coming up. Both Foles and Mayfield should be available in most 12 man leagues