SuperJoint

Jared Goff 2019 Outlook

Geoff is much better than Baker! Foles at his best was probably comparable to Geoff. However Geoff is probably in a worse situation than Foles these days so Nick Foles might be out producing Geoff a few times but when NF goes in the tank it’s deeper than Geoff. LAR cannot run and have to pass. Once again Baker is awful but there’s still upside if he figures it out. I’m in a 2QB league and thankfully Geoff is my 3QB but I don’t hate it.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Krambone said:

Geoff is much better than Baker! Foles at his best was probably comparable to Geoff. However Geoff is probably in a worse situation than Foles these days so Nick Foles might be out producing Geoff a few times but when NF goes in the tank it’s deeper than Geoff. LAR cannot run and have to pass. Once again Baker is awful but there’s still upside if he figures it out. I’m in a 2QB league and thankfully Geoff is my 3QB but I don’t hate it.

maybe but when they are on ur team losing u matchups, after a while you wanna try something new, same situation with DJ on my team, might start Mostert instead, tired of 0 pts from DJ.

On 11/14/2019 at 9:42 AM, Krambone said:

I'm starting Foles over Goff today. Bears offense sux, won't run up the score Goff just hand off all day. Low upside game. Foles is god like, the return of the king today.

No TDs in his last 3 games?!?  You'd think he was the QB of the Dolphins.  Fitzmagic is better than he is. Probably lost me the last 3 games in a 2 QB league.  WTH happened in a year and a half lolol.

Have we ever seen a traditional QB fall off of a cliff at such a young age like this. Goff was really good for a huge sample, and now he looks like Trubisky out there. 

1 minute ago, Tugginroot said:

No TDs in his last 3 games?!?  You'd think he was the QB of the Dolphins.  Fitzmagic is better than he is. Probably lost me the last 3 games in a 2 QB league.  WTH happened in a year and a half lolol.

Without the most pristine conditions possible, he is a terrible NFL QB

• Like 1

The simple explanation is what the Rams used to do is no longer working. They primarily run everything out of the same look (3WR, 1TE, 1RB). And the stretch zone run. Their OLine isn't good this season and teams have worked on shutting down the stretch run. Once that is shut down all of the play-action and throwing gets shut down. They have to rely on Goff to read defenses and go through multiple reads, which Goff has shown he isn't capable of.

Goff is the kind of QB that can play well when everything is handed to him on a silver platter. He can't elevate a team.

• Like 1

Just now, ajs723 said:

Have we ever seen a traditional QB fall off of a cliff at such a young age like this. Goff was really good for a huge sample, and now he looks like Trubisky out there. 

He was horrible in the second half last year, people just seemed to ignore it because they made the super bowl. Honestly, I think if they actually get an O-line Goff will be a nice sleeper, but they've gouged their team so bad with no picks/money, it's not even something they can do now.

1 minute ago, ajs723 said:

A season and a half of production isn't that much of a sample. He was falling off late last season. CJA provided a spark for the game against Dallas. They legitimately lost to the Saints.

1 minute ago, devaster said:

The simple explanation is what the Rams used to do is no longer working. They primarily run everything out of the same look (3WR, 1TE, 1RB). And the stretch zone run. Their OLine isn't good this season and teams have worked on shutting down the stretch run. Once that is shut down all of the play-action and throwing gets shut down. They have to rely on Goff to read defenses and go through multiple reads, which Goff has shown he isn't capable of.

Goff is the kind of QB that can play well when everything is handed to him on a silver platter. He can't elevate a team.

This makes me wonder whether we're ever able to accurately evaluate a QB. If a guy can go from great to awful because of the situation around him, is he great, or is he awful. 

If Drew Brees played for a garbage organization, would he be Drew Brees? How good would Andy Dalton have been in New England?... 

• Like 1

4600 yards. 32 TDs. 12 INT. 65% completions. That's a great season. And Kupp was hurt the second half. He wasn't Peyton Manning, but he proved he was a quality NFL QB. Now he isn't. I can't think of anything like this ever. Maybe that QB in Tampa. Freeman, or something, I think. 

2020 starter then getting cut. Ridiculous cap hit next year. This team needs to tank big time next year and hope for a high first rounder to get a cheap rookie QB, because this guy's good as gone after next year. $15m dead cap after 2020...this Rams team is going to be officially garbages. Hope Ramsey enjoys playing for that trash organization. He'll get franchise tagged and sulk while they tank ...49ers Wilson and Kyler gonna trash these dudes for years 

This team has no clue what to do when things go wrong. Mcvay can't change things up because he can't process that his play scheme doesn't work anymore. So he doubles down and here is what you get 

Edited by PlayTheWaivers
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Didn’t they trade all their first round picks?  This franchise is in bad shape.  Stupid contract.  

Solid play next week.  He’s done well against bad defenses.  

1 minute ago, Rickydragon said:

Didn’t they trade all their first round picks?  This franchise is in bad shape.  Stupid contract.  

Yep.  They have the 2 worst contracts offensive contracts in the the league in Goff and Gurley.  Then another huge contract in Donald who doesn't show up in big games(.5 sacks in 4 playoff games)

41 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

2 good seasons, 2 bad seasons.

and everyone knew in 2017 he was the same bum he was in 2016, but his supporting cast was so great that it elevated him

On 9/4/2019 at 8:33 AM, afl5013 said:

I'm convinced your a boxscore watcher. Go watch the Vikings or KC games from last year and tell me there's nothing special about his talent. 

0 touchdown passes in November. Still think he’s a top 10 QB?

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Rickydragon said:

I wouldnt trust Goff against Miami. I dont know how you can even own Goff at this point let alone start him in a 12 team, 1 QB league.

2 hours ago, mattlol said:

0 touchdown passes in November. Still think he’s a top 10 QB?

Always hilarious when someone brings up something from months ago like they deserve some sort of award. Things change over the course of the season. 

That being said, talent wise, he's still top 15 to me. If you protect him (like most 24 year old pocket passers require), he can pick you apart. People act like Goff is the only one that needs help from the rest of his team to succeed. If people can watch the games without their fantasy goggles on, they could see the protection and playcalling are the main issues, and have been all season. Goff wasn't horrible last night (missed a couple of big throws, so he definitely wasn't good either), but the playcalling has become so predictable that teams know exactly when to blitz him. All of this massive overreaction (analysts included) will look pretty stupid this time next year, assuming the Rams actually go after some lineman in the offseason. 

I wouldn't trust Goff in fantasy the rest of this year, but it has nothing to do with him. 

Edited by afl5013
  • Haha 1

Can the afford to add anyone? 

Cause they cant draft.

Edit-just looked it up. Projected 17million, not counting whatever players they draft. So not a lot.

Projected salary cap

Edited by itslarry

5 minutes ago, itslarry said:

Can the afford to add anyone? 

Cause they cant draft.

Edit-just looked it up. Projected 17million, not counting whatever pkayers they draft. So not a lot.

Brockers, Weddle, Whit (retirement), Clay and Fowler alone are about 40 mil off the books. They'll be fine. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, afl5013 said:

Always hilarious when someone brings up something from months ago like they deserve some sort of award. Things change over the course of the season. 

That being said, talent wise, he's still top 15 to me. If you protect him (like most 24 year old pocket passers require), he can pick you apart. People act like Goff is the only one that needs help from the rest of his team to succeed. If people can watch the games without their fantasy goggles on, they could see the protection and playcalling are the main issues, and have been all season. Goff wasn't horrible last night (missed a couple of big throws, so he definitely wasn't good either), but the playcalling has become so predictable that teams know exactly when to blitz him. All of this massive overreaction (analysts included) will look pretty stupid this time next year, assuming the Rams actually go after some lineman in the offseason. 

I wouldn't trust Goff in fantasy the rest of this year, but it has nothing to do with him. 

Goff still Top 15 talent-wise?😯

spacer.png

• Like 1