SuperJoint

Jared Goff 2019 Outlook

Goff is definitely not a top 10 NFL QB. Probably not even top 15. He’s somewhere in that group with Dak and Carr and people like that. Without McVay he’s nothing special. Playoffs proved that last year. Insanely stupid contract by the Rams but I guess they wanted to make sure they gave out the worst contract two straight offseasons.

Good for him on the contract.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, mattlol said:

Goff is definitely not a top 10 NFL QB. Probably not even top 15. He’s somewhere in that group with Dak and Carr and people like that. Without McVay he’s nothing special. Playoffs proved that last year. Insanely stupid contract by the Rams but I guess they wanted to make sure they gave out the worst contract two straight offseasons.

I'm convinced your a boxscore watcher. Go watch the Vikings or KC games from last year and tell me there's nothing special about his talent. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, mattlol said:

Just like Brady isn't special without Belichek.  Who cares as long as he puts up the stats.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, afl5013 said:

I'm convinced your a boxscore watcher. Go watch the Vikings or KC games from last year and tell me there's nothing special about his talent. 

Nothing says elite QB like picking out two games where he did good.

4 minutes ago, murraygd13 said:

Just like Brady isn't special without Belichek.  Who cares as long as he puts up the stats.

Since when does Belichick call the plays for the Patriots?

10 hours ago, mattlol said:

Without McVay he’s nothing special.

Well it looks like they are going to be together for a very long time.

Edited by nonstopfan
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, mattlol said:

Nothing says elite QB like picking out two games where he did good.

He had way more than 2 good games last year. Go look at some gamelogs. You are being obtuse.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, smeeze said:

He had way more than 2 good games last year. Go look at some gamelogs. You are being obtuse.

I agree....I think Goff is pretty good.

I mean, hes improved a lot since his horrible rookie year.  The dude is only 24 and threw 32 TD's last year and was over 300 yards in half his games.  And he's still got plenty of room to grow and improve even more.  Sure, you can argue that McVay has made him....But can say the exact same thing about Brady/Belichick.  What would Brady have been if he were on the Dolphins or Jets all these years?

Frankly, I don't really care if he's a good "real-life" QB though.  What I care about in this forum is fantasy stats and Goff has been chucking them up there the past couple years.  

I see a solid running game, 3 good WR's...And they added another playmaker in Henderson who could take a swing pass to the house.

I also like that they may want to try and protect Gurley a little bit and maybe some of Gurley's short TD's runs turn into easy TD passes.

I just think that odds are high that we haven't yet seen Goff's best season and he could push 40 TD's in one of the coming years. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, kyoun1e said:

Benching for L. Jackson.

Don't like his home/road splits.

Home/road splits are always a relatively overrated stat.

Goff career H/R splits:

Cmp% - Home: 63.44%, Road: 60.59%

QBR - Home: 97.2, Road: 91.8

You'll probably find those differences are in line with pretty much every QB in the NFL.

• Like 1

I like Goff a lot this year.  Good value for someone who should be a pretty consistent, reliable option in this system with the weapons he has.  I like pairing him with a high ceiling/low floor guy like Jameis and then playing matchups.

2 hours ago, mattlol said:

Since when does Belichick call the plays for the Patriots?

Never. Josh McDaniels calls all the plays. What’s your point?

1 hour ago, kyoun1e said:

Benching for L. Jackson.

Don't like his home/road splits.

I was thinking the same thing.

How is Carolina's defense, particularly their secondary? Is Goff a top 10 play this week?

1 hour ago, LionKid90 said:

How is Carolina's defense, particularly their secondary? Is Goff a top 10 play this week?

Their secondary was awful last year. But their defensive line has improved since then.

I'm not sure if I'm rolling out Goff or not. I kinda like the matchup but I feel like I have a better option picking up Jameis on waivers against the 49ers at home.

Edited by WVFalcon

39 minutes ago, WVFalcon said:

I'm not sure if I'm rolling out Goff or not. I kinda like the matchup but I feel like I have a better option picking up Jameis on waivers against the 49ers at home.

4 team league? 

• Haha 1

Welp got drunk and took him as my 3rd QB, yes 3rd QB, in one league. I think he goes off this year with Gurley limited. I'll be looking to sell once injuries or bye weeks hit

IF Kupp, Cooks and Woods stay healthy, Goff will be a top 3 QB this year.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, AlexxelA said:

Debating Goff vs CAR or Kyler Murray home vs. Det...

LOL

• Like 1

On 9/4/2019 at 5:30 PM, nonstopfan said:

IF Kupp, Cooks and Woods stay healthy, Goff will be a top 3 QB this year.

If Gurley is healthy he can be a top-3 QB. Who cares about the receivers.