SuperJoint

Jared Goff 2019 Outlook

Recommended Posts

On 9/4/2019 at 5:35 PM, ponchsox said:

LOL

How funny is it now*

* I had the same reaction

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Tugginroot said:

Oooof

Not worried. He was rusty and the offense looks explosive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well I was a Mahomes owner last year who let him go for $60 rather than trying to keep biding on him because I fell for the stupid belief so many have that QBs are interchangeable in fantasy. Mahomes had 27 points on a sprained ankle missing his best receiver while Goff barely gives me 10. I think it’s safe to say I chose poorly and Mahomes isn’t your average fantasy QB. I really hope Goff picks it up, 

Edited by Dexter75

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

should be high scoring affair next week. but makes me want to look for alternative qb

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dexter75 said:

Well I was a Mahomes owner last year who let him go for $60 rather than trying to keep biding on him because I fell for the stupid belief so many have that QBs are interchangeable in fantasy. Mahomes had 27 points on a sprained ankle missing his best receiver while Goff barely gives me 10. I think it’s safe to say I chose poorly and Mahomes isn’t your average fantasy QB. I really hope Goff picks it up, 

I am not being sarcastic when I say this: try meditation because I think I can see how you're feeling right now through your words. QBs are interchangeable, its been proven with decades of empirical fantasy evidence. Its okay that you don't have Mahomes. Its going to be just fine. Whether with Goff or another of the top 15 QBs you wind up with.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, GenerallyPoorAdvice said:

I am not being sarcastic when I say this: try meditation because I think I can see how you're feeling right now through your words. QBs are interchangeable, its been proven with decades of empirical fantasy evidence. Its okay that you don't have Mahomes. Its going to be just fine. Whether with Goff or another of the top 15 QBs you wind up with.

Username checks out.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

His QB Rating is 34 points higher at home. I'm dealing with the same thing with Brees. I'm playing whichever one is at home in a given week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, we all like Jared at home this weekend against the Aints...right? Should be a shootout, and he's at home?

Am I missing anything? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/8/2019 at 10:54 PM, Dexter75 said:

Well I was a Mahomes owner last year who let him go for $60 rather than trying to keep biding on him because I fell for the stupid belief so many have that QBs are interchangeable in fantasy. Mahomes had 27 points on a sprained ankle missing his best receiver while Goff barely gives me 10. I think it’s safe to say I chose poorly and Mahomes isn’t your average fantasy QB. I really hope Goff picks it up, 

 

One game... Goff will still be a better value unless you got him for 50.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

His home road splits for fantasy are Brees'esque.  I ended up with Goff in a league and I wasn't entirely planning on taking him but the way the draft went he was the clear next man up on my board so I took him.  I figured the splits might be Kupp related last year.  We shall see i guess.  At any rate I hope the SB didn't traumatize him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Between the SB and his last game against Panthers, i don’t know what to think about him...

i have Rivers on the bench and i ask me if not better to put on Rivers instead of Goff... 

Traumatize by SB ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had Goff last year, and the first half of the season, he was lighting it up.

 

Then something changed, and he was consistently killing me in the QB position with single digit outings. 

I Feel like the NFL got a read on what makes him uncomfortable - pressure. He is NOT the same QB when the OL collapses and he's got pressure on him. When he has time, he will drop dimes all day. So I don't know...I avoided him, because you never know what he's going to throw up FF wise. They will always run it in when they can, so he misses a lot of TD's because of that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, FooserX said:

I had Goff last year, and the first half of the season, he was lighting it up.

 

Then something changed, and he was consistently killing me in the QB position with single digit outings. 

I Feel like the NFL got a read on what makes him uncomfortable - pressure. He is NOT the same QB when the OL collapses and he's got pressure on him. When he has time, he will drop dimes all day. So I don't know...I avoided him, because you never know what he's going to throw up FF wise. They will always run it in when they can, so he misses a lot of TD's because of that. 

I think he is a great play if you go with the 2QB strategy and play the match ups. Play him at home in favorable matchups, bench on the road. I have paired him with Phillip Rivers this year and I'm pretty confident in the strategy. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, FooserX said:

I had Goff last year, and the first half of the season, he was lighting it up.

 

Then something changed, and he was consistently killing me in the QB position with single digit outings. 

I Feel like the NFL got a read on what makes him uncomfortable - pressure. He is NOT the same QB when the OL collapses and he's got pressure on him. When he has time, he will drop dimes all day. So I don't know...I avoided him, because you never know what he's going to throw up FF wise. They will always run it in when they can, so he misses a lot of TD's because of that. 


Cooper Kupp going down is what changed. 

The Rams started off last season rusty too after sitting all preseason. He'll have a nice bounce back at home this week.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Tomy said:

Between the SB and his last game against Panthers, i don’t know what to think about him...

i have Rivers on the bench and i ask me if not better to put on Rivers instead of Goff... 

Traumatize by SB ?

It started way before the SB. Check his game log after the Lions game

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, yanksman said:

It started way before the SB. Check his game log after the Lions game

4 TDs at home vs San Fran.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

drafted him late as a backup to deshaun in my 12-team, but then dropped him for a high upside wr figuring i'd never play goff over deshaun other than bye week, and at that point i could just stream.

hoping this doesn't bite me 😬

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Had me a little worried at half time. Offense just wasn’t clicking. Really glad they decided to throw on the goal line for the TD to Cooks. Cupp nearly had the long TD but they said his knee was down so Goff sneaked it in.

 

The main concern with him is the offensive line isn’t nearly what it was last season. He was under pressure a lot and he isn’t exactly the type of guy that can get himself out of trouble when defenses are running at him.

 

I think im only going to consider starting him at home, but even then I think he needs a nice matchup.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, LionKid90 said:

Had me a little worried at half time. Offense just wasn’t clicking. Really glad they decided to throw on the goal line for the TD to Cooks. Cupp nearly had the long TD but they said his knee was down so Goff sneaked it in.

 

The main concern with him is the offensive line isn’t nearly what it was last season. He was under pressure a lot and he isn’t exactly the type of guy that can get himself out of trouble when defenses are running at him.

 

I think im only going to consider starting him at home, but even then I think he needs a nice matchup.


Yeah you nailed it. The line has been shaky in pass protection (oddly fine for the running game) and Goff isn't the best under pressure. 

Kinda had a feeling losing Saffold in the offseason would lead to this, but the OL coach is a good one and will hopefully figure it out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had to trade for another QB. This dude sucks. He was lucky he even got to 19 points yesterday. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...