SuperJoint

Jared Goff 2019 Outlook

1 hour ago, afl5013 said:

Yeah you nailed it. The line has been shaky in pass protection (oddly fine for the running game) and Goff isn't the best under pressure. 

Kinda had a feeling losing Saffold in the offseason would lead to this, but the OL coach is a good one and will hopefully figure it out. 

It usually takes a few games for a new OL to gel. 

• Like 1

I drafted Mahomes last year but was outbid for him this year and went with the widely held belief that QBs are interchangeable in fantasy and the difference between Mahomes and even the #8 QB is very small...yeah right. So I let go of Mahomes and drafted Goff. What is everyone doing with him? I thinking about packaging him with a WR1 or RB1 and trying to get Mahomes back and even contemplating Stafford, who's on waivers. This guy was a QB sneak away from another garbage day, zero confidence in him. 

Edited by Dexter75

knew shoulda got lamar jackson, his floor always been safer than goffs. just thought goff would improve.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, brosephd said:

knew shoulda got lamar jackson, his floor always been safer than goffs. just thought goff would improve.

As a Rams fan, I don't think it's Goff's fault as much, but that doesn't help his fantasy value. He's getting pressured too much, and even though he has a great rating under pressure, he needs time to be able to let his WR get open and pick apart the defense.

If the line keeps letting people through, I'm hoping Goff starts throwing to his RB more as an outlet. This week will be a big one on the road to determine his ROS outlook.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, afl5013 said:

As a Rams fan, I don't think it's Goff's fault as much, but that doesn't help his fantasy value. He's getting pressured too much, and even though he has a great rating under pressure, he needs time to be able to let his WR get open and pick apart the defense.

If the line keeps letting people through, I'm hoping Goff starts throwing to his RB more as an outlet. This week will be a big one on the road to determine his ROS outlook.

Yep, and the Browns (specifically Myles Garrett) have been getting after opposing QBs. I am fading Goff for Jimmy G this week. 

Benching for J. Allen this week. Don't like the match up and his home/away splits don't inspire a lot of confidence. 

12 minutes ago, The G Man said:

Benching for J. Allen this week. Don't like the match up and his home/away splits don't inspire a lot of confidence. 

Doing the exact same thing. Hoping the Rams offense gets back to 2017/18 levels this week

2 hours ago, sasnumberonefan said:

I am fading Goff for Jimmy G this week. 

I picked up Jimmy G as insurance too, but I wouldn't do that...

goff.jpg

11 minutes ago, Dexter75 said:

I picked up Jimmy G as insurance too, but I wouldn't do that...

goff.jpg

Im fading as well for Jimmy G -  I think Goff’s going to turn it around (hopefully) but I need an upside play this week and think Jimmy’s shaking the rust off against a struggling Pitt team and can find his groove. 

I like FP to get a good idea of what the aggregate opinion / rankings and sometimes they hit, sometimes they don’t. Over the years, I’ve gotten way better insight from these forums. 

I could be completely wrong with the fade though but end of the day gotta roll with your gut - we’ll see. 

54 minutes ago, fightmilk said:

Im fading as well for Jimmy G -  I think Goff’s going to turn it around (hopefully) but I need an upside play this week and think Jimmy’s shaking the rust off against a struggling Pitt team and can find his groove. 

I like FP to get a good idea of what the aggregate opinion / rankings and sometimes they hit, sometimes they don’t. Over the years, I’ve gotten way better insight from these forums. 

I could be completely wrong with the fade though but end of the day gotta roll with your gut - we’ll see. 

Yea, I trust the FF experts rankings on those sites over random people on the internet here....

FIRE UP YER GOFFS ... and Woods and Cooks and Kupp

both Brownies CBs are not practicing today, highly doubtful for Sunday night ... they just signed a grocery bagger to stem the tide. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Tough week to decide - Denzel Ward and Greedy Williams both come up with mid-week hamstring injuries (Browns have already promoted a practice squad DB), but Austin Blythe is most likely out for the Rams, and if Myles Garrett lines up opposite Jamil Demby, Goff might die. (or at least not make it the entire game.) 

Edit: Also, rain chance. 

jj6vYGv.png

Edited by jujus-jujubees

Just don't think he is a safe play on the road behind a weak offensive line. Even with the Browns possibly being down two corners, Cleveland is going to get a ton of pressure on Goff. He just doesn't look comfortable when the pocket collapses on him. The road splits are already a reason to worry, but if not for that long Kupp catch and run, Goff would have had like a 12 point game at home.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, ludawg23 said:

Dumb tweet. Goff's 413 yard 4 TD game against the Chiefs was within the last 8 games. So was his 339 yard game against Philly as was his 201 yard 4TD game against SF. Not really his fault though, its like his WRs are amazing from the 20 yard line to the 20 yard line and then they drop off inside the redzone. The Rams WRs rarely break off TD runs and when they do, something happens like with Kupp last weekend where he's down inside the 1. Thats usually when they go to the ground game, so thats the game plan, not on Goff. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Dexter75 said:

Dumb tweet. Goff's 413 yard 4 TD game against the Chiefs was within the last 8 games. So was his 339 yard game against Philly as was his 201 yard 4TD game against SF. Not really his fault though, its like his WRs are amazing from the 20 yard line to the 20 yard line and then they drop off inside the redzone. The Rams WRs rarely break off TD runs and when they do, something happens like with Kupp last weekend where he's down inside the 1. Thats usually when they go to the ground game, so thats the game plan, not on Goff. 

He's probably including playoff games which is why the KC game wouldn't be included in that, but he wasn't bad in wins over the Cowboys or Saints in the playoffs. I agree though, dumb tweet. Using an obscure stat like adjusted completion percentage over a 2 game sample size is ridiculous. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Dexter75 said:

Yea, I trust the FF experts rankings on those sites over random people on the internet here....

You do what works for you man, end of the day we’re all trying to make the best judgement calls based on the information out there. I’m a believer in Goff, just want to see another consistent week out of him before he’s a set and forget for me. Best of luck starting him, we’ll see what happens on Sunday. 

I'm afraid Gurley's reduction is really hurting Goff. Gurley is out there for fewer snaps, meaning fewer plays the defense has to key on him. Plus Gurley was a big part of their pass attack last year and not only have his targets per game been slashed in half but his effectiveness with those targets has plummeted. 

Hope I'm wrong

• Like 2

19 hours ago, fightmilk said:

You do what works for you man, end of the day we’re all trying to make the best judgement calls based on the information out there. I’m a believer in Goff, just want to see another consistent week out of him before he’s a set and forget for me. Best of luck starting him, we’ll see what happens on Sunday. 

Goff is undervalued right now. Narrative getting a little ridiculous.

CLE secondary is beat up this week. I'm betting he rolls a bit this week. 

He's got weapons galore and the LAR schedule is set up sweet the next several weeks - TB, @SEA, SF, @ATL, CIN.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, kyoun1e said:

Goff is undervalued right now. Narrative getting a little ridiculous.

CLE secondary is beat up this week. I'm betting he rolls a bit this week. 

He's got weapons galore and the LAR schedule is set up sweet the next several weeks - TB, @SEA, SF, @ATL, CIN.

I mean, I hope so - appealing schedule, high octane offense...all the pieces are there.  I need an upside play and just feel the floor with him *could* be really low as opposed to taking a shot on a streamer. Hopefully I’m proven wrong and he balls out.

4 hours ago, fightmilk said:

I mean, I hope so - appealing schedule, high octane offense...all the pieces are there.  I need an upside play and just feel the floor with him *could* be really low as opposed to taking a shot on a streamer. Hopefully I’m proven wrong and he balls out.

Hopefully because so far all he's been is blue balls!

I'm just hoping he doesn't drag Gurley down this week too.

16 minutes ago, The G Man said:

Anyone rolling him out tomorrow?

I got him as my starting QB with Winston as my backup. I gotta say I'm not sure what to do. I'm not confident in rolling out Goff tomorrow. I hate that feeling.

20 minutes ago, The G Man said:

Anyone rolling him out tomorrow?

Rolling with Josh Allen over him.

• Like 1