SuperJoint

Jared Goff 2019 Outlook

Just now, jclee4 said:

I got him as my starting QB with Winston as my backup. I gotta say I'm not sure what to do. I'm not confident in rolling out Goff tomorrow. I hate that feeling.

Welp, it's the Sunday night game. So, good or bad you at least get to watch it unfold. 

I'm not, and I don't expect a great night for him. My concern is it could be bad. Like single digit bad. Just can't take the chance myself. 

Good luck to you though! Hope I'm wrong. Need him to get better/more consistent on the road to feel confident starting him more often moving forward. 

Just now, smeeze said:

Rolling with Josh Allen over him.

Yup, me too. Love his match up and the rushing aspect. Everything pointing to a big game for JA. 

• Like 2

Just saw this, and it has me rethinking starting Goff today:

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Browns CB Denzel Ward (hamstring) is not expected to play Sunday night against the Rams.

Meanwhile the team is "optimistic" second-round rookie Greedy Williams (hamstring) will suit up. Even so, the Browns are still projected to be without SS Morgan Burnett (quad, questionable), FS Damarious Randall (concussion, out), OLB Christian Kirksey (chest, out) and Ward. Jared Goff is a QB2 with QB1 upside (despite his woeful road splits) given Cleveland's abundance of injuries on the defensive side of the ball Sunday night.

Sep 22, 2019, 1:54 AM ET
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, The G Man said:

Just saw this, and it has me rethinking starting Goff today:

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Browns CB Denzel Ward (hamstring) is not expected to play Sunday night against the Rams.

Meanwhile the team is "optimistic" second-round rookie Greedy Williams (hamstring) will suit up. Even so, the Browns are still projected to be without SS Morgan Burnett (quad, questionable), FS Damarious Randall (concussion, out), OLB Christian Kirksey (chest, out) and Ward. Jared Goff is a QB2 with QB1 upside (despite his woeful road splits) given Cleveland's abundance of injuries on the defensive side of the ball Sunday night.

Sep 22, 2019, 1:54 AM ET

Now I just need confirmation Myles Garrett the "QB destroyer" is gonna sit this one out too lolol.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, jclee4 said:

Now I just need confirmation Myles Garrett the "QB destroyer" is gonna sit this one out too lolol.

Exactly my thoughts.  I couldn't believe how badly NFL analysts were criticizing him for all those penalties.  The way I saw it is Garrett was milliseconds away from 10 sacks in 2 games lol.

• Like 1

It’s not the defense I’m worried about, it’s how terribly Goff plays on the road. I mean, it’s like really bad. [...]

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Assistant Coach content

Decent showing today. Feel like a huge game could be coming up for him next week against Tampa Bay. They do seem much more pass oriented this season with Gurley less involved.

In reality this guy commands a buttload of money. In fantasy his butt gets benched for Andy Dalton.

7 hours ago, Heisenberg said:

In reality this guy commands a buttload of money. In fantasy his butt gets benched for Andy Dalton.

Matchups matter for fantasy production. He's played CAR, NO & CLE. Not every QB can play against TB, MIA, WAS, NYG, etc. every week. In reality he's 3-0. 

• Like 1

Just now, smeeze said:

Matchups matter for fantasy production. He's played CAR, NO & CLE. Not every QB can play against TB, MIA, WAS, NYG, etc. every week. In reality he's 3-0. 

gets TB in week 4 :)

• Like 1

Goff on the road? Consider benching him.

Goff at home? Start!

Goff actually looked pretty good last night. Only missed a handful of throws.

His protection and WR drops on the other hand were a different story. 

Encouraging road start. I think he will steadily improve.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, ponchsox said:

Encouraging road start. I think he will steadily improve.

269 Pass Yds, 2 Pass TD, 2 Int, 14 Rush Yds, 1 Fum Lost. Barely startable in 1QB leagues. I'd like to see a ceiling game. But getting slightly worried.

Got a feeling he has a ceiling game this week. Feel like Rams want to get right and this will be a great game to do so. Tampa’s secondary is awful. Honestly thinking of starting him ahead of Dak this week. If he can’t get it going this week he is probably a safe drop in most leagues.

I'm starting him. I don't know if he'll go off but I think his floor is safe at least.

My gut tells me that McVay and co. have something to prove this game.

1 hour ago, LionKid90 said:

Anyone starting him this week?

Yes. Feeling pretty good about it too. 

Should be a big day for him.

At home, against a bad pass defense, against a good offense who will probably put some points on the board. 

• Like 1

If he can’t put up a nice stat line this week, then he could be worth a drop. This game is set up for a big game by Goff. Feel like Rams want to prove some of the critics wrong, especially with how mediocre the offense has been the first few weeks.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LionKid90 said:

If he can’t put up a nice stat line this week, then he could be worth a drop. This game is set up for a big game by Goff. Feel like Rams want to prove some of the critics wrong, especially with how mediocre the offense has been the first few weeks.

Oh yeah, he's gone for streamers if he doesn't show up this week. I'd be shocked if he doesn't get me 20+ though.

4 minutes ago, miasma16 said:

Oh yeah, he's gone for streamers if he doesn't show up this week. I'd be shocked if he doesn't get me 20+ though.

Sucks to have him and watch all these bench warmers come in their first game and throw for 4 TDs or outscore him week after week.

I hate having to roster two QBs since we have so few bench spots but I had to grab Kyle Allen. Im reluctantly starting Goff over Allen but if Goff doesn't put up at least 20 points, and Allen has another nice game, he's riding my bench going forward. 

Can anybody pin something on why he's been so mediocre since December last year after his torrid 3/4 of last year's season?  Gurley slowing down?  League catching on?  Goff playing over his head?

25 minutes ago, Tugginroot said:

Can anybody pin something on why he's been so mediocre since December last year after his torrid 3/4 of last year's season?  Gurley slowing down?  League catching on?  Goff playing over his head?

Coaches have had enough time to figure some of McVay's scheming out, so they're not going to set the league on fire anymore. Doesn't mean Goff is bad, doesn't mean McVay isn't an elite offensive mind. A lack of Gurley's threat in the passing game also takes away a top-notch dimension from the offense. This was all known when you drafted Goff. He's had 2 road games so far this season, he really hasn't been much worse than expectation and his draft position. But if he looks bad this weekend it'd be a very different story, this should be a big outing.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Tugginroot said:

when did kupp go down ? i know he is back now but just returned after a major injury