Iron-cock

Todd Gurley 2019 Outlook

Born: August 3, 1994 (age 24), Baltimore, MD
Height: 6′ 1″
Weight: 231 lbs
Key Stat: Todd Gurley was on pace for 2224 yards for scrimmage with 27 TDs before his injury in week 11.

Rams-e1539924516164.jpg?w=700

6Kq8D4Z.png

Todd Gurley comes off a fantasy season where he was the consensus 1.1 pick and dominated the regular fantasy season but disappeared during the fantasy playoffs due to injury.  In real football, the Rams went all in to win a superbowl and came up short.  The Rams will have about 30M in cap space, and they'll be bringing back most of their offense next season.  They may need to replace Andrew Whitworth at left tackle if he decides to retire.

In early bestball drafts for the 2019 season, Todd Gurley was the 1.1 and has since been surpassed by Saquon Barkley.  

Previous years threads:

http://forums.rotoworld.com/topic/518431-todd-gurley-2015-season-outlook/

http://forums.rotoworld.com/topic/592074-todd-gurley-2016-season-outlook/

http://forums.rotoworld.com/topic/636981-todd-gurley-2017-season-outlook/

http://forums.rotoworld.com/topic/691460-todd-gurley-ii-2018-outlook/

Really appreciate the past links, sometimes those are fun to go back and look at.  

For 2019, I'd say top 3, it's going to come down to individual preference.  Me personally, saquon has overtaken gurley, and kamara 

• Like 1

I think we hear in a couple weeks about how Gurley needs offseaason surgery, will miss OTA’s, & will be eased into camp. There’s no way he’s healthy with his lack of usage over the last month. We’ll probably also see the league punish the Rams for not disclosing whatever injury he had. With Gurley’s  history of knee issues & the volume Anderson got in his place, I’m probably avoiding him in my auctions

Will his baffling playoff appearance affect his draft stock? His play for next year?

He and the coach insist he was healthy, but he was hardly used. 

He had to be injured, right? The only other explanation, I can think of is that Sean McVay took advice from Jeff Fisher before the playoffs . . .

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, lvsaint429 said:

I think we hear in a couple weeks about how Gurley needs offseaason surgery, will miss OTA’s, & will be eased into camp. There’s no way he’s healthy with his lack of usage over the last month. We’ll probably also see the league punish the Rams for not disclosing whatever injury he had. With Gurley’s  history of knee issues & the volume Anderson got in his place, I’m probably avoiding him in my auctions

for sure. guy was an animal all year and loved having him. the last couple of games were not the same Gurley of course. not sure how the Rams don't get fined and trying to hide his injury but will probably say he got hurt during the game somehow. 

I cannot forgive any Ram for putting us thru that performance last night.   I won't even see them on the player list on draft day.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, lvsaint429 said:

Fully expect the same.

Had gurley last year and it was fantastic until the end.  I saw a guy who was over worked , just got paid and said this ain’t worth it .  I think he pulled himself out late last season and when he wanted to turn it back on he couldn’t.  

I know it’s a stretch but it’s what I see .  I’m avoiding next year even though I have him at a good keeper price 

1 hour ago, psygolf said:

I cannot forgive any Ram for putting us thru that performance last night.   I won't even see them on the player list on draft day.

You're saying all rams players are DND for you next season?  I might be eyeing them next year as I believe their price may drive down some.

10 minutes ago, 1972Miamidolphins said:

You're saying all rams players are DND for you next season?  I might be eyeing them next year as I believe their price may drive down some.

Pretty much...just not digging them.  Even with Gurley, the other options around him are every bit as enticing for ‘19.

Turning a blind-eye on the Rams out of spite will have no ill-effects on my ff team.

all im saying tho is....if CJ Anderson is on the rams next year i aint drafting Gurley if i have the top pick.

I have him as a keeper with the 12th pick in my upcoming draft.

I may not keep.  I know it's hard not to at that price but my gut is screaming avoid.  I can easily envision a scenario where he totally breaks down and spends half of the year hurt/not playing.

If they sign cja the situation becomes an even bigger headache.

I bet whatever surgery he needs is merely a cleanup procedure type thing.

I didn't realize the zipped mouths will get them a fine, but at least that explains why he doubled down and insisted he was fine after the SB when clearly he wasn't.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Funkenstein said:

I have him as a keeper with the 12th pick in my upcoming draft.

I may not keep.  I know it's hard not to at that price but my gut is screaming avoid.  I can easily envision a scenario where he totally breaks down and spends half of the year hurt/not playing.

If they sign cja the situation becomes an even bigger headache.

that sounds like crazy talk from the 12th spot.  Unless you have to only have 1 keeper and you have something better.

At the least,  if you don't want Gurley, I'd think you could make a great trade.

The playoffs were very strange. The Rams and Gurley have said he is not injured multiple times. He was clocked as one of the fastest players during the SB. He had multiple weeks of rest at the end of the regular season and before the SB. Still, CJA seriously outperformed him during the playoffs and McVay obviously went away from him.

It makes absolutely zero sense to me. The only logical explanation is that Goff slept with Gurley's mom and Gurley shut it down (ala Lebron and Delonte West).

18 minutes ago, FISH20 said:

The playoffs were very strange. The Rams and Gurley have said he is not injured multiple times. He was clocked as one of the fastest players during the SB. He had multiple weeks of rest at the end of the regular season and before the SB. Still, CJA seriously outperformed him during the playoffs and McVay obviously went away from him.

It makes absolutely zero sense to me. The only logical explanation is that Goff slept with Gurley's mom and Gurley shut it down (ala Lebron and Delonte West).

Where do you get speeds people were running at in the super bowl?

Follow David J. Chao, he used to be the Chargers team doctor. He will give his opinion on injuries real time based on the video replays. He tweeted a photo from Next Gen Stats. Gurley hit 19.8 mph, Patterson was second at 19.5

1 hour ago, FISH20 said:

I've never heard this theory but maybe Gurley was dealing with mental stuff? s--- going on his life where maybe he was ******** up in practice/fumbling/etc?

Mcvays account of "gameflow" or whatever he said didn't make sense 

6 hours ago, FISH20 said:

Follow David J. Chao, he used to be the Chargers team doctor. He will give his opinion on injuries real time based on the video replays. He tweeted a photo from Next Gen Stats. Gurley hit 19.8 mph, Patterson was second at 19.5

fwiw...Breida had the fastest speed on the year. 22.09 mph. Crazy.

What makes less sense >> when asked if Gurley will need offseason surgery, McVay replied...

”We haven’t talked about any of those things right now. I’ll get a chance to sit down with [senior director of sports medicine and performance] Reggie [Scott], and we’ll discuss that. But as far as I’m concerned and as far as I know, that isn’t the case where we’re planning to do anything like that,” McVay told the media Tuesday afternoon when discussing a potential surgery

...now why would coaches take the time to meet with team doctors after the season is over to discuss the health of players that are “100% healthy.” ??

It could be an injury that won't heal any faster with surgery. Might just need rest. If he isn't injured though there is still something going on. Unless McVay tried to pull a Belichick and bench a starter for the big games like Butler was last year. Butler isn't a great player though.

6 hours ago, bhawks489 said:

I've never heard this theory but maybe Gurley was dealing with mental stuff? s--- going on his life where maybe he was ******** up in practice/fumbling/etc?

Mcvays account of "gameflow" or whatever he said didn't make sense 

I'm 95% joking because the, West with Lebron's mom story is one of my favorites.

But yeah, sitting the best RB in the NFL and saying it's gameflow makes zero sense.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, devaster said:

It could be an injury that won't heal any faster with surgery. Might just need rest. If he isn't injured though there is still something going on. Unless McVay tried to pull a Belichick and bench a starter for the big games like Butler was last year. Butler isn't a great player though.

Didn’t work for B.B. either...it cost him a 3-peat