Iron-cock

Todd Gurley 2019 Outlook

5 minutes ago, Brownsfan74 said:

"Per Bonsignore, Todd Gurley has looked "fabulous and healthy" all summer. " - from latest rotoworld blurb on Darrell Henderson

Anyone hear otherwise yet?

This guy is going to make or break teams this year.

I like pairing him with Kareem Hunt, IF Gurley goes out late in the year then maybe, just maybe, Hunt gets a ton of carries and comes on strong 

• Like 1

On 8/14/2019 at 1:39 AM, timexsocialclub said:

Auction value?

He went for $34 in my 12-team $200 budget league, 24th most expensive, fwiw.

• Like 3

Love him this year.

1 minute ago, RyanK said:

He went for $34 in my 12-team $200 budget league, 24th most expensive, fwiw.

I have a sick feeling that he's going to be taken at the end of the 2nd round, paired with a top 4 rb like Saquon, and that guy is going to crush the league.

Plenty of reasons not to trust the Rams when they talk about Gurley's health, but man...what if they are telling the truth and it's actually a non-issue?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Brownsfan74 said:

I have a sick feeling that he's going to be taken at the end of the 2nd round, paired with a top 4 rb like Saquon, and that guy is going to crush the league.

Plenty of reasons not to trust the Rams when they talk about Gurley's health, but man...what if they are telling the truth and it's actually a non-issue?

Rams fan here. He's looked great in practice and in the coaches eyes. Clocking 21MPH.

On 8/18/2019 at 9:53 AM, kball09 said:

And you don't even know it's him. So you either waste a high pick to handcuff him or you grab Brown late and you're also wrong.

Orrrrr, they end up splitting the load like the Eagles and everyone is pissed.

I’ve been taking Brown as the handcuff. 

What if they split the load like the Saints do, and Gurley plays a role like Kamara?

and you’re getting him in the second round....

4 minutes ago, Iron-cock said:

I’ve been taking Brown as the handcuff. 

What if they split the load like the Saints do, and Gurley plays a role like Kamara?

and you’re getting him in the second round....

I feel like I've heard 20 backfields be compared to the Saints' backfield at this point haha.

I mean, if Gurley is healthy all year, he'll get 20+ touches and be an absolute stud. They aren't going to give enough work to the other guys to justify starting them. I saw the 9-12 touches blurb on Henderson but color me skeptical. I also drafted Brown with the last pick in my draft and I think, if Gurley goes down, that Brown would be the replacement on 1/2 downs and Henderson would be the 3rd down back. In that case I think both of them would be worth starting in that offense.

I don't think we're going to have an answer on this in the first few weeks. I think Gurley will be a stud and all his owners will laugh to the bank, but when week 10+ rolls around and there is some more wear and tear, I'm curious to see if that holds up.

7 minutes ago, ponza88 said:

Rams fan here. He's looked great in practice and in the coaches eyes. Clocking 21MPH.

They don't tackle in practice. Dude WILL NOT play more 12 regular season games.

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, broncofan48 said:

I like pairing him with Kareem Hunt, IF Gurley goes out late in the year then maybe, just maybe, Hunt gets a ton of carries and comes on strong 

Huh? There’s no guarantee of course that Hunt gets a ton of carries. If you’re worried of Gurley going out, then wouldn’t grabbing Malcolm Brown on the very cheap be the better option? He might have some stand alone value for the first nine weeks of the season as well, while Hunt will give you a big fat zero.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CooL said:

Huh? There’s no guarantee of course that Hunt gets a ton of carries. If you’re worried of Gurley going out, then wouldn’t grabbing Malcolm Brown on the very cheap be the better option? He might have some stand alone value for the first nine weeks of the season as well, while Hunt will give you a big fat zero.

Oh I’m doing both, should’ve specified.  I just like Hunt as a late season dart throw especially if you lose your high end RB1 in Gurley

Man I may take this dude at 9th. He was pretty much the unanimous first overall until he got hurt. He’s not that much more of a risk than like Cook, DJ, Mixon, and etc but ceiling is way higher. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, kball09 said:

I feel like I've heard 20 backfields be compared to the Saints' backfield at this point haha.

I mean, if Gurley is healthy all year, he'll get 20+ touches and be an absolute stud. They aren't going to give enough work to the other guys to justify starting them. I saw the 9-12 touches blurb on Henderson but color me skeptical. I also drafted Brown with the last pick in my draft and I think, if Gurley goes down, that Brown would be the replacement on 1/2 downs and Henderson would be the 3rd down back. In that case I think both of them would be worth starting in that offense.

I don't think we're going to have an answer on this in the first few weeks. I think Gurley will be a stud and all his owners will laugh to the bank, but when week 10+ rolls around and there is some more wear and tear, I'm curious to see if that holds up.

Rams just lost Gurley for the playoffs and super bowl last year as well as some late season games and they are still gonna give him 20+ touches a game? That's 320 for the season.

Color me skeptical.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just went 21st overall in my full point PPR league last night....he's still there for the taking outside the Top-14...which is somewhat crazy.

Tempted to take him at 4 if Zeke doesn't sign.  Assuming Barkley, Kamara, and McCaffrey are gone.  Without Zeke in the mix, Gurley has way more upside than the remaining guys, with comparable risk.  10 team non PPR league where rush TDs are worth more than rec.  Last year the entire first round was RBs.

2 minutes ago, Chardo said:

Tempted to take him at 4 if Zeke doesn't sign.  Assuming Barkley, Kamara, and McCaffrey are gone.  Without Zeke in the mix, Gurley has way more upside than the remaining guys, with comparable risk.  10 team non PPR league where rush TDs are worth more than rec.  Last year the entire first round was RBs.

Gurley at 4 would be unheard of in  2019, but stranger things have happened.  High risk, High reward.

4 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Rams just lost Gurley for the playoffs and super bowl last year as well as some late season games and they are still gonna give him 20+ touches a game? That's 320 for the season.

Color me skeptical.

Not every game, but yes.  If he's dressed and healthy, I expect he will get his usual action until the score is out of hand.

3 minutes ago, Chardo said:

Not every game, but yes.  If he's dressed and healthy, I expect he will get his usual action until the score is out of hand.

Ok,.Rams did that last year and got screwed come end of the year

2 minutes ago, CORTEz said:

Just went 21st overall in my full point PPR league last night....he's still there for the taking outside the Top-14...which is somewhat crazy.

Most fantasy players don’t want risk associated with early round picks. I went Leonard Fournette last year with my 1st round pick 9th overall which burned(0-4 start) but I ended up winning it all thanks to McCaffrey which I got 2nd round and Phillip Lindsay $30 waiver pick up. 

Taking a risk is not the worst thing because after you draft you’re still going to playing wire/making trades to make your team better. You have 14-15 picks and out of those players you really just need a few to hit + whoever you pick up along the way. 

17 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Color me skeptical.

giphy.gif?cid=8fc3c89724a3b8976cbfb628e7

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, this guy right here said:

They don't tackle in practice. Dude WILL NOT play more 12 regular season games.

Do they play flag football or two hand touch?

1 hour ago, gbill2004 said:

Exactly what I did.  We drafted last night and I took Saquan first overall, then I got Gurley with the first pick of the third round.  It was between Mack and Gurley at that point, with Mack as the "safe" pick.  I went for the risky homerun instead.  

This is just Mickey Mouse stuff by your competitors.  Gurley shouldn't be falling any farther than like pick #18.  I see the following guys going ahead of him no problem in PPR: RBs Barkley, Kamara, McCaffrey, Elliott, Bell, Johnson.  WRs Hopkins, Adams, Thomas, Jones, OBJ.  Plus Kelce.  That's 11 players.  Then throw in guys who are at least defensible to go in front of him: Conner (I'm not a fan, but still), Juju, Mixon, Chubb, Hill.  That's 17 players.  After that, who are you taking ahead of Gurley?  Dalvin Cook has all the injury history with none of the production of Gurley.  Mahomes is ADP and is going to regress probably substantially and is at probably the least important position in fantasy.  Mike Evans has some consistency issues, Antonio Brown is a headcase, Melvin Gordon might not play, etc.

Gurley falling to the 2/3 turn is pure insanity.  That's about a round too late.

• Like 5

23 minutes ago, KennyWoo said:

This is just Mickey Mouse stuff by your competitors.  Gurley shouldn't be falling any farther than like pick #18.  I see the following guys going ahead of him no problem in PPR: RBs Barkley, Kamara, McCaffrey, Elliott, Bell, Johnson.  WRs Hopkins, Adams, Thomas, Jones, OBJ.  Plus Kelce.  That's 11 players.  Then throw in guys who are at least defensible to go in front of him: Conner (I'm not a fan, but still), Juju, Mixon, Chubb, Hill.  That's 17 players.  After that, who are you taking ahead of Gurley?  Dalvin Cook has all the injury history with none of the production of Gurley.  Mahomes is ADP and is going to regress probably substantially and is at probably the least important position in fantasy.  Mike Evans has some consistency issues, Antonio Brown is a headcase, Melvin Gordon might not play, etc.

Gurley falling to the 2/3 turn is pure insanity.  That's about a round too late.

I wish there was a "Well Said" like.

1 hour ago, KennyWoo said:

Keep in mind it's a start 2 QB league so several QBs fly off the board in the first couple rounds. 

Posted (edited)

Anyone else concerned that they are sitting Malcolm Brown for the entire preseason as well as Gurley?  I understand sitting the starters, but Brown is the backup.  Could be an indication that Gurley may not be ready and/or they plan on playing Brown a lot?  You would think they would play him a lot in the preseason to get the reps in, in case he has to step in for Gurley.  

It's strange.

Edited by Brownsfan74

15 hours ago, KennyWoo said:

Oh how I would love to pair him up with Barkley, AK, CMC or Zeke. Please let this continue :)

• Like 1