Iron-cock

Todd Gurley 2019 Outlook

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, yanksman said:

Id take Chubb & Conner over him

 

This is the most polarizing part of the draft to me. The end of the1st round.

Are most seeing Chubb/Conner go before Gurley?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, bgar15 said:

 

This is the most polarizing part of the draft to me. The end of the1st round.

Are most seeing Chubb/Conner go before Gurley?

 

Gurley went in the middle of the 2nd round in my 10 team PPR draft on Friday. Chubb, Bell and Johnson went ahead of him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, bgar15 said:

 

This is the most polarizing part of the draft to me. The end of the1st round.

Are most seeing Chubb/Conner go before Gurley?

 

I have my 2nd tier ranked as follows:

1. Chubb

2. Gurley

3. Johnson

4. Cook

5. Conner

6. Bell

7. Mixon

Chubb is in a very very good situation all around. I have Gurley second because while the injury is a concern as long as he gets 60% snaps he is almost a guarantee to produce elite RB numbers with his talent and in that system. No one expects his usage to be like last year but it really doesn't have to be. He just needs 14-18 total touches a game to put up elite RB1 numbers similar to how Kamara has been used. 

I'm not as high on Conner but it's because I see the Steelers offense declining a solid amount and I also expect Samuels to be involved a bit more. I do understand how he can be ranked first in this tier though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Mikeyvegas said:

I took Gurley with my 2nd pick at #23 overall (2.5). Is this about where he is being drafted?

giphy.gif

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

giphy.gif

 

My leaguemates said it was too soon. I am not trolling; just inescapable, unrelenting self-doubt.

Edited by Mikeyvegas

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was eyeing him at 10 (a little steep) or preferably 15th. The guy at 9 is probably going to grab him at 8. I may try to work out a trade with him to swap firsts and give him my 12th rounder for his 14th rounder or something...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, CluelessJoeJackson said:

I want Gurley, Fournette, and Gordon and I'm getting close to making whatever trades I can to make that happen.

Please....PLLLEEAAAASSSEEEEE let us know how that turns out man. I for one am on the edge of my seat

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gurley is a god damn steal this year whenever you pick him up.  No idea what kind of kool-aid that municipalities are putting in our water that makes you think that Gurley is nothing but a Top 5 running back.  He slowed down at the end of last season - big deal.  Let's just say his knee blew out.  Are we still using the same tired narrative? Or the fact that he was completely off the field and ended as a major stud change your mind?

Don't get the negative hype on this guy - stud muffin

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, CluelessJoeJackson said:

I want Gurley, Fournette, and Gordon and I'm getting close to making whatever trades I can to make that happen.

 

1 hour ago, Joe Odam said:

Please....PLLLEEAAAASSSEEEEE let us know how that turns out man. I for one am on the edge of my seat

 

Image result for eating popcorn gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hes averaging out at pick 18 in the NFC in recent 3 days. Hes been falling to the end of the 2nd round in yahoo drafts.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, dudewithabadcat said:

Gurley is a god damn steal this year whenever you pick him up.  No idea what kind of kool-aid that municipalities are putting in our water that makes you think that Gurley is nothing but a Top 5 running back.  He slowed down at the end of last season - big deal.  Let's just say his knee blew out.  Are we still using the same tired narrative? Or the fact that he was completely off the field and ended as a major stud change your mind?

Don't get the negative hype on this guy - stud muffin

I’m not sure why you don’t understand the negatives for Gurley this season. He was clearly hurt at the end of last year and many think he isn’t fully recovered and they won’t use him as the workhorse he used to be. He could be a good value in the 2nd round but I sure as hell wouldn’t draft him in the 1st expecting him to dominate like he used to. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, y2jbones said:

I’m not sure why you don’t understand the negatives for Gurley this season. He was clearly hurt at the end of last year and many think he isn’t fully recovered and they won’t use him as the workhorse he used to be. He could be a good value in the 2nd round but I sure as hell wouldn’t draft him in the 1st expecting him to dominate like he used to. 

theres so many great picks in that 17-22 range, gurley would be such a question mark to me. wouldn't u rather a guy like evans? keenan? I don't know maybe that's just me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, floppy said:

theres so many great picks in that 17-22 range, gurley would be such a question mark to me. wouldn't u rather a guy like evans? keenan? I don't know maybe that's just me

Evans or Keenan over gurley, holy crap

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got him at pick 25 in a standard and saw him go at 6 in a half ppr as RB6.  Good luck figuring out where he’s going this year. 🤷‍♂️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, y2jbones said:

I’m not sure why you don’t understand the negatives for Gurley this season. He was clearly hurt at the end of last year and many think he isn’t fully recovered and they won’t use him as the workhorse he used to be. He could be a good value in the 2nd round but I sure as hell wouldn’t draft him in the 1st expecting him to dominate like he used to. 

I think the bigger question is what ya'll don't get that even if Gurley saw a 40% decrease in volume (which is extreme) he would still finish as a RB1 last year. Why is Kamara going top 5 now two years in a row with an expected RBBC but Gurley isn't even worth a first round pick? Gurley won't even be in a RBBC just a reduced role. 

Gurley has said that he doesn't plan to change his play style and he feels good. His trainer has said that he doesn't expect Gurley to be sitting out extended periods of time. The Rams have said Gurley is healthy. There have been reports that the role will be reduced but half the people here have a tinfoil hat on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry if this has been answered here, but I am wondering something.

When Gurley was out last year at week 15, was his knee hit or was it due to an accumulation of heavy usage? 

I can't tell from the old Rotoworld blurbs but I'm hoping an insider here can comment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

I think the bigger question is what ya'll don't get that even if Gurley saw a 40% decrease in volume (which is extreme) he would still finish as a RB1 last year. Why is Kamara going top 5 now two years in a row with an expected RBBC but Gurley isn't even worth a first round pick? Gurley won't even be in a RBBC just a reduced role. 

Gurley has said that he doesn't plan to change his play style and he feels good. His trainer has said that he doesn't expect Gurley to be sitting out extended periods of time. The Rams have said Gurley is healthy. There have been reports that the role will be reduced but half the people here have a tinfoil hat on.

 

 

Agreed - but if that's the case....wouldn't you take him after the big 4?

 

I have the #5 pick in my draft tonight, and I've been sitting on Hopkins this whole time, but I REALLY am considering taking Gurley at #5. Super risky I guess, but if I don't, then another team is getting a top 5 RB in the later spots. So awful to allow that to happen. 

If Gurley somehow drops past 16, and gets scooped up by someone who has Barkley, Kamara, or CMC....UGH...that's just game over...

Him and Zeke and Gordon are really screwing up FF drafts left and right.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, CABLE87 said:

Evans or Keenan over gurley, holy crap

i don't get the sarcasm, im saying people like him early in the 2nd or even at the turn. evans and keenan are like 19-21. yes its not a stretch but im saying why put gurley above them

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Brownsfan74 said:

Sorry if this has been answered here, but I am wondering something.

When Gurley was out last year at week 15, was his knee hit or was it due to an accumulation of heavy usage? 

I can't tell from the old Rotoworld blurbs but I'm hoping an insider here can comment.

It's sounded like they want to "manage" his knee, so it always seemed like long-term wear-and-tear to me. Besides, nobody really saw the NFCCG playing out the way it did (and if they say they did, they're lying), so I really doubt one hit led to this. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, FooserX said:

 

 

Agreed - but if that's the case....wouldn't you take him after the big 4?

 

I have the #5 pick in my draft tonight, and I've been sitting on Hopkins this whole time, but I REALLY am considering taking Gurley at #5. Super risky I guess, but if I don't, then another team is getting a top 5 RB in the later spots. So awful to allow that to happen. 

If Gurley somehow drops past 16, and gets scooped up by someone who has Barkley, Kamara, or CMC....UGH...that's just game over...

Him and Zeke and Gordon are really screwing up FF drafts left and right.

 

 

He went 3rd rd in my league. No way I’d take him in the first round. Chubb, Mixon, DJ, Dalvin, Conner, Bell, not in any specific order here. Just throwing out players I’d take before him. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really have 0 idea how anyone would take Dalvin over Gurley. Dalvin's missed over half his career with injuries, is on a worse team, and is a worse running back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dalvin had a blown ACL = fixed.

Other injuries that came with coming back too soon from ACL = hopefully fixed.

 

NOT a degenerative knee arthiritis condition like Gurley has...

 

Not saying you are wrong, and Dalvin isn't a risk...but you could make a case his injuries aren't chronic.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...