Iron-cock

Todd Gurley 2019 Outlook

9 minutes ago, ponza88 said:

Rams fan here... Offensive Line looks good... Just as good as last year, all summer long.

Since you’re a Rams fan maybe you can help me out. Who is the handcuff here? I wish the Rams would’ve just resigned C.J. Anderson, the Lions aren’t paying him very much money.

Being from LA, I would say it is a toss-up. It is hard to determine who Sean McVay will use 2nd to provide Gurley some rest in the games. If you have other options then there isn't a need to cuff.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

True, getting last years stats again would be wonderful. I just like options around where he’s going now without any injury concerns. 

Looks like hes going at 1.11 per FFC.

im fine with taking Michael Thomas/Tyreek/Julio here. If Gurley ends up healthy all season oh well. I’d like to think any of those receivers will put up good numbers as well. I also like some of the round 3/4 RBs alot

All the drafts I've done in the past week (30+) ... I've been able to get Gurley in the Second and pair him up with another quality back.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Football Enthusiast said:

Since you’re a Rams fan maybe you can help me out. Who is the handcuff here? I wish the Rams would’ve just resigned C.J. Anderson, the Lions aren’t paying him very much money.

I expect it's Brown. It's the same as last year. People want to roster the "upside" back. Brown is more useful than Henderson, and Henderson may not even be dressing on Sundays as long as Gurley and Brown are healthy. If Gurley goes down, I think the best case scenario for Henderson owners at this point is that they start off in a timeshare.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Football Enthusiast said:

Henderson. We didn't trade back all of those picks and then MOVE UP TO GET Henderson, and not play him as the COP and Gurley Insurance Policy.

Brown is good... but we know what he is. Henderson will have real value. IMO. A lot of the players and especially McVay have been praising him this summer... It just hasn't shown in Preseason fully yet.

At the draft... McVay and Snead had said they wanted Kamara but NO picked him a few picks before them... and they think Henderson is Kamara 2.0 in their system.

Edited by ponza88
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, ponza88 said:

Henderson. We didn't trade back all of those picks to move up, get Henderson, and not play him as the COP and Gurley Insurance Policy.

Brown is good... but we know what he is. Henderson will have real value. IMO. A lot of the players and especially McVay have been praising him this summer... It just hasn't shown in Preseason fully yet.

At the draft... McVay and Snead had said they wanted Kamara but NO picked him a few picks before them... and they think Henderson is Kamara 2.0 in their system.

Henderson can remain the COP back when Gur;ey goes down, and Brown would be the backup, ala CJA.

• Like 1

Just now, Mikeyvegas said:

Henderson can remain the COP back when Gur;ey goes down, and Brown would be the backup, ala CJA.

Henderson role will definitely increase and he'll be used more than just COP if Gurley were to go down.

Coaches want Gurley + Henderson as a 65+35 Split due to Henderson's versatility and skill level.

Brown will be Henderson's backup. 

26 minutes ago, ponza88 said:

Henderson. We didn't trade back all of those picks and then MOVE UP TO GET Henderson, and not play him as the COP and Gurley Insurance Policy.

Gurley and Kamara on one team...Damn...

Just now, Gohawks said:

Gurley and Kamara on one team...Damn...

OMG... I KNOW. 

We were (I think) 4 picks away from that becoming a reality... McVay and Snead (I heard) were banging the table.

They were banging the table for Kupp and now Henderson.

We shall see.

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, miasma16 said:

I expect it's Brown. It's the same as last year. People want to roster the "upside" back. Brown is more useful than Henderson, and Henderson may not even be dressing on Sundays as long as Gurley and Brown are healthy. If Gurley goes down, I think the best case scenario for Henderson owners at this point is that they start off in a timeshare.

Henderson will for sure be active on Sundays. I believe he's going to be the hurry-up offense back and will mix in here and there in other offensive formations. But mainly in on shotgun formations. The good news is the Rams won't be trailing in too many games as I believe they are favored in most. But it will hurt Gurley in terms of catches for sure this year.

Edited by KB_IV

1 minute ago, KB_IV said:

Henderson will for sure be active on Sundays. I believe he's going to be the hurry-up offense back and will mix in here there in other offensive formations. But mainly in on shotgun formations. The good news is the Rams won't be trailing in too many games as I

K. Maybe you're right. Or maybe this will be the same thing as last year with John Kelly, when people in his thread that drafted him and held him the entire year were angry when I was laughing in their faces. Granted, that's partly because Kelly also sucked. Henderson doesn't, but he's also being drafted quite early imo.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, ponza88 said:

All the drafts I've done in the past week (30+) ... I've been able to get Gurley in the Second and pair him up with another quality back.

I Have no idea who you might be drafting against but this past week my two drafts

Gurley went in the first round. 9th & 11th .. 

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

I Have no idea who you might be drafting against but this past week my two drafts

Gurley went in the first round. 9th & 11th .. 

Are you 10 Teamer or 12?

Makes a difference I guess, I play in 10-teams only.

But I've easily seen Gurley go Mid 2nd in atleast half of those 30+ drafts I've been in. 

So that's 2.03 or 2.02 in 12 isn't it?

All I'm trying to note is the opportunity is there to get Gurley in the 2nd if you have picks 8-10. And that's amazing value for Gurley, IMO.

Edited by ponza88
  • Haha 1

Just now, ponza88 said:

Are you 10 Teamer or 12?

One was .. a 10 team. 

1 minute ago, shakestreet said:

One was .. a 10 team. 

So you have a sample size of 1?

4 minutes ago, ponza88 said:

Are you 10 Teamer or 12?

But I've easily seen Gurley go Mid 2nd in atleast half of those 30+ drafts I've been in. 

So that's 2.03 or 2.02 in 12 isn't it?

All I'm trying to note is the opportunity is there to get Gurley in the 2nd if you have picks 8-10. And that's amazing value for Gurley, IMO.

@ponza88 checking his teams

Image result for taiwan man phones

• Haha 3

Just now, The 7th Beatles said:

@ponza88 checking his teams

Image result for taiwan man phones

LOL!

(I've cut it down from 120+ last year to 50)

• Like 2

Just now, ponza88 said:

So you have a sample size of 1?

. smart a** comeback. Priceless 

i have two drafts on Sunday, one Monday & Wednesday. I will let you know what Round Gurley is picked

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

. smart a** comeback. Priceless 

i have two drafts on Sunday, one Monday & Wednesday. I will let you know what Round Gurley is picked

Lol what??? Just pointing out logic sir. Hopefully you get a later pick if you want Gurley. Let me know, I'll be here!  :)

Edited by ponza88

Henderson has immediate value as 3rd down back. Brown has the rocket up the charts value as the Gurley replacement. 3rd down back on a team that will constantly be winning and at the goal line is nice and all, but I'd rather have the other guy.

9 hours ago, FooserX said:

Dalvin had a blown ACL = fixed.

Other injuries that came with coming back too soon from ACL = hopefully fixed.

NOT a degenerative knee arthiritis condition like Gurley has...

Not saying you are wrong, and Dalvin isn't a risk...but you could make a case his injuries aren't chronic.

with all due respect there is so much ignorance in this post. All, yes ALL athletes who suffer torn ACL's suffer from a progressive degree of arthritis. Guess what, Cook has arthritis in his knee too. It's just that the arthritis in Gurley's knee could have its own twitter account at this point. 

I'm not terribly confident after stumbling across this late stage LA Rams camp footage. That's Gurley in the polka dots. The arthritis in the knees is even worse than we thought. He also seems to have lost his mind.

Posted (edited)
48 minutes ago, Joe Odam said:

with all due respect there is so much ignorance in this post. All, yes ALL athletes who suffer torn ACL's suffer from a progressive degree of arthritis. Guess what, Cook has arthritis in his knee too. It's just that the arthritis in Gurley's knee could have its own twitter account at this point. 

That's somewhere between misleading and flat out innacurate.

It is likely but not certain, nor immediate:

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/06/health/arthritis-risk-acl.html

image.png.804cc1a6ef4830d14454a17bf9a6f929.png

So a better way to phrase your sentence would be that the majority of acl repairs lead to eventual OA over time. But to imply everyone that has had an ACL repair has arthritis and they're all the same is just ignorant, especially in the arrogant way you present it.

Edited by kball09
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, ponza88 said:

Henderson role will definitely increase and he'll be used more than just COP if Gurley were to go down.

Coaches want Gurley + Henderson as a 65+35 Split due to Henderson's versatility and skill level.

Brown will be Henderson's backup. 

Is this guy simply wrong? There is some text anda short video also here:

https://www.playerprofiler.com/article/malcolm-brown-advanced-stats-metrics-analytics-fantasy-football-handcuffs/