Iron-cock

Todd Gurley 2019 Outlook

8 minutes ago, decodeddreams said:

No wonder everyone was so down on Gurley this year. Seems like he's the new RB2 on that team.

RB3 once they unleash Henderson

• Like 1

Just now, n00chness said:

A Khal with no goal line work is no Khal at all

I could see this becoming a trend. They don't want him getting banged in those short yardage situations where everyone knows its a run.

• Like 1

No one is saying he's dead, but come on - when's the last RB who was limited like that?

You either play your best, or sit out. To pick up right where you left off in the playoffs last year...sitting out a lot...after an entire off season - something isn't right with him, and it's not just limiting his snaps to ease him back in. I guess we'll see, but as a Gurley owner, I'd be looking to move him in fear of the season ahead.

18 minutes ago, FooserX said:

No one is saying he's dead, but come on - when's the last RB who was limited like that?

Zeke, like literally in the same week lol

22 minutes ago, FooserX said:

You either play your best, or sit out. To pick up right where you left off in the playoffs last year...sitting out a lot...after an entire off season - something isn't right with him, and it's not just limiting his snaps to ease him back in. I guess we'll see, but as a Gurley owner, I'd be looking to move him in fear of the season ahead.

Elliot split 50/50 which was worse than Gurley. Gurley played 70% of the snaps while Elliot was in at 54%. 

You know why? Because they’re limiting his snaps to ease him in. Why is Gurley different? Until there is any issue with the knee the logical conclusion is that he is fine and will get slightly less work to keep him fine. Any other conclusion is one that is being jumped to.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

Elliot split 50/50 which was worse than Gurley. Gurley played 70% of the snaps while Elliot was in at 54%. 

You know why? Because they’re limiting his snaps to ease him in. Why is Gurley different? Until there is any issue with the knee the logical conclusion is that he is fine and will get slightly less work to keep him fine. Any other conclusion is one that is being jumped to.

That’s what I said basically in the Malcom Brown outlook, some guy said I must not be paying attention. The Rams are lucky to have a good stable of backup RBs but Todd’s a superstar and will be getting all the work he can handle soon. All these Malcom Brown people are the same ones who Drafted Damien Williams and also grabbed Ronald Jones after a okay 1st week. I think they just look at box scores and rush to judgement. 

Zeke wasn't with his team until 4 days before kickoff - it made sense to me he was on a snapcount.

Gurley? Who was with them all preseason? And everyone saying he's 100%? To miss that much? 

It's possible he'll get back to where he used to be, or close to it, but I dunno - just seems off.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, sSektor said:

Zeke, like literally in the same week lol

Who didn't have any training camp at all.....

1 minute ago, kball09 said:

Who didn't have any training camp at all.....

Do you think Gurley had to do much of anything during training camp? I would imagine they let him rest as much as possible before the season.

5 minutes ago, Krambone said:

That’s what I said basically in the Malcom Brown outlook, some guy said I must not be paying attention. The Rams are lucky to have a good stable of backup RBs but Todd’s a superstar and will be getting all the work he can handle soon. All these Malcom Brown people are the same ones who Drafted Damien Williams and also grabbed Ronald Jones after a okay 1st week. I think they just look at box scores and rush to judgement. 

That was me ^ ;) The preseason is for easing people in. He's been eased. I think both RBs can be productive, but Gurley isn't a workhorse anymore, because they're petrified of losing their investment by overworking that knee. I think expectations of him ramping up are for people that just look at boxscores and rush to judgement :)

Just now, sSektor said:

Do you think Gurley had to do much of anything during training camp? I would imagine they let him rest as much as possible before the season.

Why would he need rest? Hmmm.....

10 minutes ago, kball09 said:

Why would he need rest? Hmmm.....

Are you under the impression I don't think his arthritic knee issue exists?

Here's a quote directly from his trainer in June

Everybody knew when Todd came out of Georgia that there would be some kind of arthritic component to his knee, which is part of every surgery whether it’s a shoulder, a knee, an ankle,” Gaines said late last week. “He’s now at the year-five mark, all we’re doing is managing that. If we can pound him less in the offseason while keeping his weight down, working on his strength, working on his agility in short areas, that’s going to give him a better chance to be healthy Weeks 14 through 17 when they really count

Would be a bit absurd giving him 25+ carries game 1 if he barely practiced all preseason don't you think?

Edited by sSektor
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, sSektor said:

Are you under the impression I don't think his arthritic knee issue exists?

Here's a quote directly from his trainer in June

Would be a bit absurd giving him 25+ carries game 1 if he barely practiced all preseason don't you think?

He got 23 touches game 1 last year.

Ultimately what will matter is if Gurley sees GL work this week and going forward. Last week it all went to Brown. Gurley may not put up the absurd rushing and receiving yardage he used too, but a large portion of Gurley's fantasy production was from TD's. Fewer touches won't be that significant if he is still scoring TD's.

• Like 3

If I was a Gurley owner, I would try to find the owner that has Malcom brown and trade for him....ASAP 

2 hours ago, Leopard said:

If I was a Gurley owner, I would try to find the owner that has Malcom brown and trade for him....ASAP 

Yup.

I got him for 35 (out of 200) in my auction league.  Some a**hole made me pay 3 for Brown, but wasn't gonna go in without that insurance.

In another league I drafted Brown late.  Offered the Gurley owner a swap for McCoy, who's on his bench, but was turned down