Iron-cock

Todd Gurley 2019 Outlook

53 minutes ago, dudewithabadcat said:

McVay just came out and said, I am paraphrasing, "I need to do a better job getting this guy going."  

This is highly encouraging to me.  I think that McVay is trying to balance his offense more and not rely on Gurley so much.  I do believe that the attempt was to have the offense run through Goff and that ain't just gonna work.  This offense is built through Gurley and it needs to continue to do such.  Perhaps this means that McVay will add some more screens, dump offs, etc that will really get Gurley out into space and get him moving.  Another positive sign is that these types of plays are completely non-existent to all the RBs.  I am on the verge of trading Gurley for Carson but after reading McVay eat humble pie in front of the press....I think that there might be something here.  I honestly don't think the knee is the worry here - I think it is the playcalling and I am hoping that McVay starts to alter the plan.  I am holding Gurley for the time being - I see this ship turning around in the next two weeks. 

Still believing anything McVay says about Gurley?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Novaray said:

Still believing anything McVay says about Gurley?

I don't know.  I actually just got a confirmation that I have a trade My Gurley/Djax for his Carson/ Gallup or Dorsett (figuring out which one).  Either or I might take it. 

While I still think he will return RB1 value I traded him. The prospect of the Rams locking up a playoff spot early and shutting Gurley down until the postseason is really realistic.

They are 3-0 but their offense looks average. That 3-0 is via close wins over Carolina with the corpse of Cam Newton starting and a massively underachieving Cleveland team. Their one big win came against the Saints in a game Brees went out early.

Bottom line: their record suggests they are the juggernaut they were last year but warning signs are flashing. They need to do things differently. Maybe that means using Gurley more or throwing to someone other than Kupp now and then.

11 minutes ago, Ace_King said:

They are 3-0 but their offense looks average. That 3-0 is via close wins over Carolina with the corpse of Cam Newton starting and a massively underachieving Cleveland team. Their one big win came against the Saints in a game Brees went out early.

Bottom line: their record suggests they are the juggernaut they were last year but warning signs are flashing. They need to do things differently. Maybe that means using Gurley more or throwing to someone other than Kupp now and then.

I think it means them blocking better mostly.  They've gone against some good defensive fronts with two guys on their interior who had started a combined 6 games in the NFL before this season and the only other interior lineman with any experience was hurt against Cleveland.  They also lost Higbee who was essentially another lineman for them.

Hopefully they get better with experience, getting Higbee and Blythe back, etc.

• Like 2

can you really just rest a guy leading up until the playoffs and then just hand him the rock 20 times and expect him to be in peak shape?  they need to ramp up his reps at some point, no?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Padilla814 said:

I just bought Gurley.. hoping he has a strong RoS.

i am thinking of buying low on him....but not sure if theat will be a good bet

4 hours ago, Padilla814 said:

I just bought Gurley.. hoping he has a strong RoS.

Who did you trade for him?

Edited by Jugernot

This dude is washed up.  Don’t be fooled by his name...he’s not the player he was 2 years ago.  It’s so obvious.  He was shredding every week and now can’t crack 50 yards & doesn’t catch balls much anymore.  This may sound crazy...but he’s bench material unless you are desparate.  

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Vikezfan said:

This dude is washed up.  Don’t be fooled by his name...he’s not the player he was 2 years ago.  It’s so obvious.  He was shredding every week and now can’t crack 50 yards & doesn’t catch balls much anymore.  This may sound crazy...but he’s bench material unless you are desparate.  

Agreed. Just by watching the games...it's only a matter of time before he's faded out. Holding on to Brown big time.

3 hours ago, Vikezfan said:

You may be right but I don’t think this is Gurley’s fault.  The difference is the offensive line isn’t close to as good as it used to be.  Goff has 4 td’s, this offense isn’t the same without the blocking 

9 hours ago, herschel said:

can you really just rest a guy leading up until the playoffs and then just hand him the rock 20 times and expect him to be in peak shape?  they need to ramp up his reps at some point, no?

This may just be who the Rams are now.....there might not be a "ramp up" coming. He's not coming off a bum ankle, it's an ongoing degenerative condition that they are likely trying to go easy on in general.

4 hours ago, FooserX said:

Agreed. Just by watching the games...it's only a matter of time before he's faded out. Holding on to Brown big time.

Yeah, no.

2 hours ago, kball09 said:

This may just be who the Rams are now.....there might not be a "ramp up" coming. He's not coming off a bum ankle, it's an ongoing degenerative condition that they are likely trying to go easy on in general.

Maybe. I'm not entirely convinced they can't get the offense going again. But the Rams have stunk offensively since the Saints playoff game. And were exposed numerous times down the stretch last season against strong defenses.

Tough to truly gauge Gurley's situation with the offense sucking overall.

3 minutes ago, Biig_Pressure21 said:

M. Brown owner here.  Just here to check the Gurley message board looking for some bad news...

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

Just now, Biig_Pressure21 said:

No, I am not leaving until I hear bad news...

JQ4HjKu.gif

• Haha 2

29 minutes ago, dudewithabadcat said:

I have a sneaking suspicion that Gurley is going to pop and the owners here are going to be laughing. 

Are you talking about his knee because that would be horrifying

33 minutes ago, dudewithabadcat said:

I have a sneaking suspicion that Gurley is going to pop and the owners here are going to be laughing. 

At this point that'll represent a sell high window.

Got this dude in the first round. Knew he may have lost a step, never thought of this type of regression. Still early in the season not losing hope yet, the rams offense in general Is not lookin too great right now.

I can’t give away Gurley in my league, no one wants to touch him. It’s not the drop in carries that concern me, it’s the lack of receptions that are killing his value, especially in PPR. He’s been open in the flat several times over the first 3 games but Goff never looks his way. I’m 1-2 as a result. 

• Like 1