Iron-cock

Todd Gurley 2019 Outlook

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, dmb3684 said:

 

Really? Didn't look at all the same to me.

 

Well, he wasn't getting the touches, never got back into the groove. But when he was in action I thought he looked fine, explosive even.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Whitecloud0101 said:

Lol. He was most certainly hurt.

I'm guessing surgery soon despite what mcvay says.

 

Why would they know he's hurt and not only hide it, but play him? For what purpose? To throw off the other teams' game planning? I don't buy it. Especially a knee?!


Now, if Gurley himself was hiding something in order to play in the playoffs & SB, that wouldn't shock me (maybe a little).

 

But he didn't look hurt/limited to me. Anyone watch the Dallas game or nah?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Regardless of whether he was injured or not, his usage made no sense.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Members_Only_76 said:

 

Well, he wasn't getting the touches, never got back into the groove. But when he was in action I thought he looked fine, explosive even.

 

I thought he lacked explosion and something was bothering him. Assuming we will find out at some point.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, dmb3684 said:

 

I thought he lacked explosion and something was bothering him. Assuming we will find out at some point.

Def had a hitch in his step late season.

Ya just don't sit gurley for CJA ...c'mon man.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you guys can find some supporting video please do share. Not wanting to argue, just genuinely interested. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Whitecloud0101 said:

Ya just don't sit gurley for CJA ...c'mon man.

 

Seriously. 

 

And nothing against CJ, you don’t sit Gurley for just about any RB. 

 

It it would be more believable to me if the Coach got cute and thought it was the right thing for the team and to win. Or Gurley was being disciplined for some reason. 

 

I could be wrong but just don’t see them hiding an injury and letting him play. And we may never know. 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, dmb3684 said:

 

I thought he lacked explosion and something was bothering him. Assuming we will find out at some point.

 

Maybe he looked good some, and not other times and I missed it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

Offensive Line: Up-front dominance is the heartbeat of Sean McVay’s offense and especially vital for Jared Goff, whose kept-clean versus under-pressure splits are among the starkest in football. LG Saffold’s contract is up, RG Austin Blythe is a liability, 37-year-old LT Andrew Whitworth has openly weighed retirement, and C John Sullivan turns 34 after declining into the front five’s weakest link.

https://www.rotoworld.com/article/offseason-low-down/2019-nfl-team-needs

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Austin Blythe a “liability”?!  He was essentially rated as a top-5 guard in the league all season.  Come on, RW writers, you can do better than this!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Could've been that the defenses keyed on Gurley and took away the play action game that Goff strives under. Gurley will be fine come this offseason and next season. The offense could take a hit if they can't replace Whitworth, but not enough to move Gurley out of a top 4 pick in fantasy. The tempo could've caught up with them as well at the end of the year and they were just gassed. If thats the case maybe keep CJA around to take away some touches from Gurley.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, dontclapGonorrhea said:

Could've been that the defenses keyed on Gurley and took away the play action game that Goff strives under. Gurley will be fine come this offseason and next season. The offense could take a hit if they can't replace Whitworth, but not enough to move Gurley out of a top 4 pick in fantasy. The tempo could've caught up with them as well at the end of the year and they were just gassed. If thats the case maybe keep CJA around to take away some touches from Gurley.

 

The Patriots definitely did sell out to stop the run by overloading the front and essentially daring Goff to throw.  But none of that explains why every time they cut to a shot of Gurley, he was just standing around on the sideline.  It also doesn’t explain why Goff seemed to ignore him even on those rare occasions when he was both on the field and open.

Edited by BMcP

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/12/2019 at 7:57 AM, BMcP said:

 

The Patriots definitely did sell out to stop the run by overloading the front and essentially daring Goff to throw.  But none of that explains why every time they cut to a shot of Gurley, he was just standing around on the sideline.  It also doesn’t explain why Goff seemed to ignore him even on those rare occasions when he was both on the field and open.

 

This is the most telling and bizarre thing. There's a twitter post about Gurley's drop off in the receiving game toward the second half of the year, something like a decline over almost 50% in terms of receiving routes ran. I'll try to find it when I'm home (Scott B's twitter). It's also evident when Gurley did run routes he had either no desire or no expectation that the ball would be coming his way, it's very clear on video. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, JSA2422 said:

 

This is the most telling and bizarre thing. There's a twitter post about Gurley's drop off in the receiving game toward the second half of the year, something like a decline over almost 50% in terms of receiving routes ran. I'll try to find it when I'm home (Scott B's twitter). It's also evident when Gurley did run routes he had either no desire or no expectation that the ball would be coming his way, it's very clear on video. 

 

Some beat writer was saying it has something to do with his hands/grip on the football. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/13/2019 at 11:38 AM, dmb3684 said:

 

Some beat writer was saying it has something to do with his hands/grip on the football. 

And Gurley could have had an injury to his hand or wrist that the Rams just neglected to mention...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I could see them playing gurley if he is hobbling in the championship and Super Bowl, that situation is a win now, u got a whole offseason to recover, same as fantasy football, in the championships, drop all ur garbage players and hoard any defenses, upside players possible, must win/nothing to lose, the season officially goes from long term to short term

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Rams have Gurley on an offseason regimen to get his left knee back to full strength, though if the injury persists, the running back may be forced to undergo stem cell treatment. Fellow running backs Jamaal Charles and Knowshon Moreno have undergone similar procedures in recent years. Both players were coming back from torn ACLs, an injury Gurley suffered during his final year at Georgia. Teammate C.J. Anderson admitted recently that Gurley was "more hurt than we thought," which may explain why he played second fiddle to Anderson during the postseason. With Gurley's health in question, don't be surprised if the Rams add backfield depth this offseason.

Never good when they don't know exactly what the issue is and hope the stem cell route will fix the issue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, youngrice said:

The Rams have Gurley on an offseason regimen to get his left knee back to full strength, though if the injury persists, the running back may be forced to undergo stem cell treatment. Fellow running backs Jamaal Charles and Knowshon Moreno have undergone similar procedures in recent years. Both players were coming back from torn ACLs, an injury Gurley suffered during his final year at Georgia. Teammate C.J. Anderson admitted recently that Gurley was "more hurt than we thought," which may explain why he played second fiddle to Anderson during the postseason. With Gurley's health in question, don't be surprised if the Rams add backfield depth this offseason.

Never good when they don't know exactly what the issue is and hope the stem cell route will fix the issue.

 

Did JC and Knowshon come back and look the same? Can't recall offhand which years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, dmb3684 said:

 

Did JC and Knowshon come back and look the same? Can't recall offhand which years.

Moreno after 2013 and JC during 2015 season.

 

coincidentally, both only played 3 games the following year

 

i didn't realize JC was on the jags last year lol

Edited by bhawks489

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Stem cell treatment?  Very very not good.

Hakeem Nicks tried that to salvage his career.  It didn't work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

DND next year unless we find out wtf is going on?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Stem cell treatment?  Very very not good.

Hakeem Nicks tried that to salvage his career.  It didn't work.

pick 1.01... what could go wrong?

98Jj.gif

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/11/2019 at 4:35 PM, Whitecloud0101 said:

Lol. He was most certainly hurt.

I'm guessing surgery soon despite what mcvay says.

Called that.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, dmb3684 said:

 

Did JC and Knowshon come back and look the same? Can't recall offhand which years.

THey both had it as last ditch efforts to resurrect their careers.  I can't speak fo Gurley and I am obviously not a stud athlete but I did steam cell last year with hope's to help with my degenerative arthritis in the my right knee I had ACL surgery in 13 years ago.  Ended up being a waste of 5 k.  My point is if they are going that route its not a simple issue that can just be fixed by surgery.  Which isn't good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.