Iron-cock

Todd Gurley 2019 Outlook

2 minutes ago, 1972Miamidolphins said:

You gotta admit, they're winning without needing gurley to assert himself in the run game, I think he goes ham the second half of the real season/playoffs

True.  Games are only going to get tighter as the season goes on.  

McVay has to figure out how to adjust the run scheme.  Outside zone was their bread and butter, but teams wised up (thanks, Belichick...) and are taking it away.  Their line is weak in the middle and has to get better

call me crazy but i may be buying low on him.. something tells me the rams are going to say screw it and use their $$$ they spent on him...the offense isnt moving the same and the rams know it, do we think they will take the moral high ground and continue to baby him? i think not...people lose patience quick 

1 hour ago, 1972Miamidolphins said:

You gotta admit, they're winning without needing gurley to assert himself in the run game, I think he goes ham the second half of the real season/playoffs

wasn't the Browns game tight throughout? and that was Gurley's worst game/lowest usage so far

Mckvay has been talkin this ish for a year now... People keep buying into it. It's just smoke and mirrors. Some games he might give Gurley 20+ others 9... Make opponents plan for Gurley and then use him as a decoy 

19 minutes ago, Travis C. said:

Mckvay has been talkin this ish for a year now... People keep buying into it. It's just smoke and mirrors. Some games he might give Gurley 20+ others 9... Make opponents plan for Gurley and then use him as a decoy 

You are not wrong, i was a gurley owner last year , its just a hard pill to swallow at times we keep trying to give ourselves hope or a positive outlook... alot of us cannot get past that old image of gurley and i think it will take a full year for it to go away. 

Bought low. His usage has to go up for them to keep winning, their scheme is so one dimensional without his deep involvement, Goff sucks and can’t do it himself. I’ll panic if they sign CJ Anderson, but until then I expect his involvement to increase 

Higbee practicing is a good thing.  Getting Blythe back would be as well.  If the run blocking improves I suspect we'll be looking at some posters confused as to how TG's knee magically got better.

• Like 3

On 9/25/2019 at 12:49 PM, Biig_Pressure21 said:

No, I am not leaving until I hear bad news...

No one likes you here, n00b.

I have him on the bench in favor of Jacobs. I will give the rookie a whirl in what looks like a decent match up. The Bucs have been very stout against the run, so I am going with match up favor. I do hope Gurley has a great week to make me regret benching him.

I need a big game from this guy. He needs to put up an RB1 type of performance this week.

I'm sure I'm not the only owner who's in a big hole partially on account of Todd Gurley.

I still believe in the talent.

Edited by atrium

3 minutes ago, Rickydragon said:

Low floor low ceiling.  He probably belongs on the waiver wire if it wasn’t for his name

This post right here officer

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Well, I’ll take the production but this offense is turning into the year 2 Chip Kelly offense. It only took one team to figure out how to stop it, NE in the super bowl, and now the rest of the NFL just gets to copy and paste. They’ll still put up points because of their talent but their “scheme” has been figured out and come Thursday the Seahawks will do the same exact thing and make Goff beat them which won’t happen as he’s just a bigger named Andy Dalton. I’m more concerned with McVay stubbornness than his knee at this point.

• Like 3

Frustrating watching Goff porking up turn overs and seeing Gurley get five rushing caries. This genius of a coach has over analysis paralysis. Just let the guy that you pay near top of his position pay grade... earn his pay. Nobody wants to see Goff forced into throwing int over and over. He is always going to pork up the game. My god this is so obvious. Goff isn’t even a game manager, is is a game porker.

19 hours ago, Rickydragon said:

Low floor low ceiling.  He probably belongs on the waiver wire if it wasn’t for his name

Low floor? He still managed to produce today on limited touches. The floor is still solid. What is missing is the ceiling he used to have. That said, it appears he played well today when given opportunities so it is more about whether McVay prefers giving Goff 70 pass attempts or Gurley 20 rushing attempts. Hopefully he makes the right decision...

1. Would have obviously liked to have seen a larger work load on the ground.

2. The fact that Goff sucks and the jig is up so to speak on their entire offensive scheme caps everyone’s upside. 

3. HUGELY encouraged with all of the action he got in the air. Overall, moving in the right direction in terms of just Gurley I guess. 

4. Hopefully the coaching staff recognizes the adjustments and gets him more work. 

11 minutes ago, Ace_King said:

Low floor? He still managed to produce today on limited touches. The floor is still solid. What is missing is the ceiling he used to have. That said, it appears he played well today when given opportunities so it is more about whether McVay prefers giving Goff 70 pass attempts or Gurley 20 rushing attempts. Hopefully he makes the right decision...

I’m glad we got the points but this is not a stat line we can count on.  The ground game is dormant.  The points count but you know things aren’t right here.  

19 minutes ago, gbill2004 said:

Not sure what everyone is complaining about. Big game today!  Love this guy!

The stats are great no one is complaining about that.
The issue is McVay is by far the most stubborn coach in the NFL. He knows exactly what defenses are going to do to stop him as they’ve done it for five straight games and he’s yet to adjust his scheme at all because he’s better than the rest of the NFL. He is more than fine with throwing 70 times today because that’s what the Bucs “gave” him this isn’t an in game adjustment he can make but it’s definitely one he could/should make between weeks yet he won’t.

5 carries, misprint?

1 minute ago, Ddam2013 said:

The stats are great no one is complaining about that.
The issue is McVay is by far the most stubborn coach in the NFL. He knows exactly what defenses are going to do to stop him as they’ve done it for five straight games and he’s yet to adjust his scheme at all because he’s better than the rest of the NFL. He is more than fine with throwing 70 times today because that’s what the Bucs “gave” him this isn’t an in game adjustment he can make but it’s definitely one he could/should make between weeks yet he won’t.

Matt Nagy would like a word. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, mjb said:

5 carries, misprint?

Playing far behind all game.