Iron-cock

Todd Gurley 2019 Outlook

I hate when you can't trust anything. Earlier this week McVay supposedly said "it caught us all off guard" and now he's saying that Gurley immediately reported when it happened Thursday. So is McVay drastically changing the story here or are people reporting whatever they want and quoting McVay as having said it?

5 minutes ago, TheWeasel said:

I hate when you can't trust anything. Earlier this week McVay supposedly said "it caught us all off guard" and now he's saying that Gurley immediately reported when it happened Thursday. So is McVay drastically changing the story here or are people reporting whatever they want and quoting McVay as having said it?

Yes. 😁

5 minutes ago, TheWeasel said:

Something smells fishy here. Unfortunately you can't trust anything that comes out about Gurley anymore. Thats why Brown is a must add as Ive been saying all along on here.

27 minutes ago, Juke said:

Why does it even matter if it's related to his knee or not? Yes - he has knee problems, but regardless it's an injury and may shelf him for weeks.  Look at Davante - if Gurley had toe turf I'm sure people would still be chanting "knee, knee, knee". 

spacer.png

If it’s related to the knee then it could signal a more long term injury. If it’s just a normal thigh contusion, the likely only a limited absence.

But yes you’re right - any injury Gurley has now will automatically be connected to his knee

Gurley got paid and now anytime he gets an ant bite he's not going to play.

It's sad because the talent is there but the passion isn't.

When you watch McCaffrey play you can tell he's leaving every ounce of his will on the field.

Gurley is just going through the motions, I wouldn't be surprised if he's out of the league in 2 years.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, raidaz18 said:

When you watch McCaffrey play you can tell he's leaving every ounce of his will on the field.

Gurley is just going through the motions, I wouldn't be surprised if he's out of the league in 2 years.

To be fair, if Gurley’s knee(s) is that bad, passion won’t get him through it. More than likely, he’s trying to be smart because he’s in an incredible amount of pain and discomfort.

6 minutes ago, raidaz18 said:

What a terrible take. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, raidaz18 said:

I Can Taste Your Beer 

14 minutes ago, raidaz18 said:

Likely the same person 2 years ago who said CMac was just another Woodhead and didn't have the body to be a 3-down stud in the NFL like a "generational" talent Fournette...

15 minutes ago, raidaz18 said:

How dare a guy not play through severe pain for ME?

How about someone take a steel rod to your knee and we will see how much passion you’ll have?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, itschief33 said:

To be fair, if Gurley’s knee(s) is that bad, passion won’t get him through it. More than likely, he’s trying to be smart because he’s in an incredible amount of pain and discomfort.

It's possible what you're saying is somewhat true but I think it's very possible that if he gets even a little dinged up that he's not going to play through it.

I don't see the Ram's giving him that contract if there were any questions about his knee moving forward.

Just my assessment, I don't have any Ram's players in my league.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, raidaz18 said:

I don't see the Ram's giving him that contract if there were any questions about his knee moving forward.

Well there is and there Was

11 minutes ago, raidaz18 said:

It's possible what you're saying is somewhat true but I think it's very possible that if he gets even a little dinged up that he's not going to play through it.

Just my assessment, I don't have any Ram's players in my league.

I don’t have shares either. Maybe he did fight through pain for the mega contract 🤷🏽‍♂️ Can’t really blame him. He deserved to get paid. Just playing devil’s advocate I suppose.

Also, with the amount of money they paid him, I wouldn’t be surprised if they held him out for a mosquito bite. This situation along with Leveon is going to hurt future star RBs for sure..

Edited by itschief33

6 minutes ago, itschief33 said:

Also, with the amount of money they paid him, I wouldn’t be surprised if they held him out for a mosquito bite

That don't make a lick of sense

1 minute ago, wendellrott said:

That don't make a lick of sense

They now know his knees are ef’d. Is the play to ride him early season? Makes sense to me.

5 minutes ago, itschief33 said:

They now know his knees are ef’d. Is the play to ride him early season? Makes sense to me.

Why ain't he playing?

2 minutes ago, wendellrott said:

Why ain't he playing?

He has a leg contusion.  Has nothing to do with his arthritic knee.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, joshua18 said:

He has a leg contusion.  Has nothing to do with his arthritic knee.

Catfish Bait

23 minutes ago, wendellrott said:

Why ain't he playing?

I’m confused. He has been playing. There is doubt to this weekend’s availability. They paid him before they knew the extent of his condition. Now it’s managing and using him when it matters because he’s still an extreme talent. That is MY opinion, not law haha. I don’t have him in fantasy so I’m not wishing bad upon him. In fact, the opposite is true. I think Gurly is the man and wish him the best. Just a mostly unbiased view on it.

• Like 1

Damien Williams was walking with limp when he had one. I played through a thigh contusion half way through my football season in high school. I went through extreme measures when it came to preparing to play in the game. The amount of stretching I did before the games and appliances of icy hot and the jacuzzi visits at a local 24 fitness just to warm it up before the game. It’s manageable especially when your playing with adrenaline, but definitely sensitive place to hit. It wasn’t 100 till after 2 months to fully heal after seasons end due to me never sitting out and playing on it. That’s my take on the injury anything else I ain’t a expert on

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, itschief33 said:

If it's truly a pain thing, he can take injections.  Players have done it for years.

"We'll have a bit more clarity and it's really just a way to make that decision," coach Sean McVay told reporters Friday.

"He came immediately," said McVay. "He has done everything in his power to get ready to go, he has stopped his bargain and that is why you respect those setbacks and the tribute it costs to just look at what a physical game You're on the sideline and everything you do week after week gives you an appreciation for what these guys are doing and how physically charged this game is with the high caliber of the athletes and the nature of the collisions you see . "

"I think he knows his body as well as anyone else," McVay said. "I think we all know what a tough elite competitor he was in terms of the things he was able to enforce, really, it's all about this collaboration, that communication, and then, number one, the He will always be able to tell us this honestly, we are a better team if we have Todd Gurley, but if he does not feel right, you can trust the other guys. "[

Edited by wendellrott