Iron-cock

Todd Gurley 2019 Outlook

9 hours ago, CroNY said:

No I couldn't disagree more Gurley Is pretty irrelevant nowadays unless he can revert back to his old self magically. Gurley is no longer the generational type of talent he was the previous two years. In turn Goff is suffering in turn they have no offensive identity right now. Gurley is really not that important anymore its a sad case but because he is a shell of himself now they have no identity... Things were all nice and easy for Goff when he had guys running wide open last year with play action passing off the threat of Gurley.

9 hours ago, dakimbell said:

I mean Gurley has been good at falling into the endzone quite a bit this year, but other than that Im gonna have to respectfully disagree, he hasnt provided much more than the 2 backs did on Sunday that played

I’m not saying he’s still a top 3 back all I’m saying is the offense still runs through him and if he’s out this week they’re going to lose to the Falcons. At least when he plays the offense could move the ball due to defenses having 6 lineman and selling out to stop the run, leaving the receivers in single coverage on the outside. Without him the offense was even more of a joke than usual, yes the 49ers defense is good but they aren’t the 85 bears.

29 minutes ago, Ddam2013 said:

I’m not saying he’s still a top 3 back all I’m saying is the offense still runs through him and if he’s out this week they’re going to lose to the Falcons. At least when he plays the offense could move the ball due to defenses having 6 lineman and selling out to stop the run, leaving the receivers in single coverage on the outside. Without him the offense was even more of a joke than usual, yes the 49ers defense is good but they aren’t the 85 bears.

You do realize that before this week brown was averaging virtually the same ypc as Gurley. The Niners would have shut him down too. He isn’t some savior to the rams. They were losing with Gurley playing now their losing without Gurley playing.

Edited by StevenSC400

Gurley is RB17 or so in PPR so he's pretty much been performing as an RB2 and the vast majority of players drafted him as an RB2.

The big question mark is will he miss more games? If he can stay on the field I think he'll probably still produce at RB2 levels with the occasional RB1 week. 

1 minute ago, IslandBoy said:

Gurley is RB17 or so in PPR so he's pretty much been performing as an RB2 and the vast majority of players drafted him as an RB2.

The big question mark is will he miss more games? If he can stay on the field I think he'll probably still produce at RB2 levels with the occasional RB1 week. 

Todd Gurley's ADP fluctuated between 10-15. Live trend has him at 15 right now. That is not RB2, that is an expensive RB1. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MSkibisky said:

Todd Gurley's ADP fluctuated between 10-15. Live trend has him at 15 right now. That is not RB2, that is an expensive RB1. 

Never saw him going that high in any mock draft or actual draft we did. He generally went at the start of the 3rd. Sometimes a few spots earlier or later.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Never saw him going that high in any mock draft or actual draft we did. He generally went at the start of the 3rd. Sometimes a few spots earlier or later.

What drafts are you doing. He consistently went in the second round at the latest. His ADP proves that.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, IslandBoy said:

i find that hard to believe. As the poster above me said, he went anywhere from last first round to late second round. I highly doubt he touched the third round in any drafts.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, StevenSC400 said:

What drafts are you doing. He consistently went in the second round at the latest. His ADP proves that.

I'd worry about any draft taking him that high.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, StevenSC400 said:

He isn’t some savior to the rams. They were losing with Gurley playing now their losing without Gurley playing.

How many plays on Sunday did the Niners line up with 6 men on the line of scrimmage to stop Brown/Henderson? Zero. Now how often did the first five teams do it? Almost every play.
He is no longer what he was but he’s still what makes the offense go. Those 2 extra men who normally go to stop Gurley were used to stop Goff and he went from 300+ yards to 75 on 24 attempts. He may not be an elite RB1 anymore but he’s still the most important player to this team.

I'd worry about any draft taking him that high.

His ADP is right around 10-15. So you must have an issue with the hefty majority of leagues because that is where he went.. lol

12 minutes ago, IslandBoy said:

Agree. He went 3(7) in my league. Nobody was touching him. We all pretty much felt he wasn't worth a 1/2 pick, but after that, game on. He didn't fall to me though. People were drafting him high based on name, not any real logic, which is why his ADP was high. We all know he has an arthritic knee and those don't get better. Of course that's not the reason given for him being out right now, but there was way too much risk with him considering that. Less risky after the first two rounds.

1 minute ago, FitzMagic said:

Agree. He went 3(7) in my league. Nobody was touching him. We all pretty much felt he wasn't worth a 1/2 pick, but after that, game on. He didn't fall to me though. People were drafting him high based on name, not any real logic, which is why his ADP was high. We all know he has an arthritic knee and those don't get better. Of course that's not the reason given for him being out right now, but there was way too much risk with him considering that. Less risky after the first two rounds.

of course hindsight is 20/20, but if Gurley was still on the board in August at 37 I would be foaming at the mouth

4 minutes ago, MSkibisky said:

His ADP is right around 10-15. So you must have an issue with the hefty majority of leagues because that is where he went.. lol

Have you ever heard the saying "fools rush in"? That's pretty much the explanation for his high ADP.

1 minute ago, FitzMagic said:

Have you ever heard the saying "fools rush in"? That's pretty much the explanation for his high ADP.

Nah, I think there was just so much hullabaloo in the off/preseason about the possibility of a healthy Gurley in 19' that made many people buy in. I bought in on him in one of my leagues at right about mid second round as well. At the time, I thought the pick was very risky, but with the possibility of high payoff. 

• Like 1

People love to confuse hindsight with wisdom. He was a high risk/high reward pick. Even with the talk of his knee and his workload being scaled back some, it wasn't too hard to look at his 21 TDs last year and envision a really, really good year if the Rams kept rolling. I passed on him in the 10-15 range in one league for a WR but I do remember considering it. The Rams offense however sucks so far and now him missing games is really crushing.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, owenmills said:

People love to confuse hindsight with wisdom. He was a high risk/high reward pick. Even with the talk of his knee and his workload being scaled back some, it wasn't too hard to look at his 21 TDs last year and envision a really, really good year if the Rams kept rolling. I passed on him in the 10-15 range in one league for a WR but I do remember considering it. The Rams offense however sucks so far and now him missing games is really crushing.

Not sure if you post is revolving around the notion of hindsight or wisdom. Sounds like hindsight to me. FFB is a game of hindsight. Prediction. Hoping. Luck. FBB is a game of wisdom ;) 

16 minutes ago, MSkibisky said:

Not sure if you post is revolving around the notion of hindsight or wisdom. Sounds like hindsight to me. FFB is a game of hindsight. Prediction. Hoping. Luck. FBB is a game of wisdom ;) 

nah FBB is luck based too but not as much as FFB. 

• Haha 1

Gurley has not been terrible this year.  He has been pretty good.  I think he was top 10 before this past week.  He is doing all this in a terrible Rams offense this year.  It will be interesting to see what McVay the Offensive Genius (lol, right) can stir up for the back half of this year so the Rams don't end up being one of those "didn't make it to the playoffs after making it to the Super Bowl the previous year" type of teams. 

I think that things are going to trend back up.  

25 minutes ago, MSkibisky said:

My post is referring to people acting a lot more sure of their knowledge of something after it happened. Can be applied to literally every facet of life.

The thing that helps FBB have less variance in player performance is the fact they play 12 times a week vs once. Obviously luck is a huge factor in every fantasy sport though.

He was ranked 19 on FantasyPros by the experts, and 12 on FFB Calculator (generally the site where the more serious fantasy football drafters go), so can you hindsight 20/20ers give it a rest? People knew he was a wild card, but the general consensus is that he was a 2nd rounder roughly because the upside was worth taking a shot on. Rams and Gurley were also pretty hush hush about what was gonna happen

Edited by atrium
  • Like 1

The hindsight in this thread is hilarious. Gurley was exactly what he was supposed to be prior to this injury. A guy with slightly less volume but still very high TD upside thus returning RB1 value. He was doing exactly what he was supposed to and thus returning lowend RB1 numbers. This more or less justfies his ADP.

He suddenly gets an injury which, by the way, we still know very little about but everyone here already has their tinfoil hats on. Anyways, he gets an injury and all these dudes that have been silent suddenly come out with "I TolD YoU So. In My LeaGuE He WeNt In ThE ThIrD ROuNd". That's good for YOUR league but his ADP across every platform was late first early second and he was showing why.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

The hindsight in this thread is hilarious. Gurley was exactly what he was supposed to be prior to this injury. A guy with slightly less volume but still very high TD upside thus returning RB1 value. He was doing exactly what he was supposed to and thus returning lowend RB1 numbers. This more or less justfies his ADP.

He suddenly gets an injury which, by the way, we still know very little about but everyone here already has their tinfoil hats on. Anyways, he gets an injury and all these dudes that have been silent suddenly come out with "I TolD YoU So. In My LeaGuE He WeNt In ThE ThIrD ROuNd". That's good for YOUR league but his ADP across every platform was late first early second and he was showing why.

BIG FAX