Iron-cock

Todd Gurley 2019 Outlook

They ruled him out on Saturday. I can see him missing more games.

any update on his injury? what's his chance of playing this week?

8 minutes ago, lindown said:

any update on his injury? what's his chance of playing this week?

Hopefully none, i hope they rest him. 

“He’s making good progress. He’s day-to-day right now and we’re hopeful to be able to get him back for Atlanta.”

Sean McVay yesterday 

“The day-to-day designation sounds encouraging for both Rams’ running backs, but it’s important to remember that Aqib Talib also was given that status last week and...welp. It goes without saying that they’ll focus on getting rookie RB Darrell Henderson Jr. some reps this week.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.turfshowtimes.com/platform/amp/2019/10/15/20915409/los-angeles-rams-sean-mcvay-injury-updates-week-7-joe-noteboom-john-johnson-aqib-talib-todd-gurley

Nice to get an update but as the writer points out, you can’t trust anything McVay says

Edited by FreakFries

They just made a statement by trading for Ramsey. My opinion knowing that Henderson took over the snaps over brown was a huge sign and McCvay saying “there will be a time” when they have to rely on Henderson. Question yourself why would he say that for later down the line. I think the Rams known they can’t unleash Gurley like they used to, but they could with Henderson 

1 minute ago, Watitdookie said:

They just made a statement by trading for Ramsey. My opinion knowing that Henderson took over the snaps over brown was a huge sign and McCvay saying “there will be a time” when they have to rely on Henderson. Question yourself why would he say that for later down the line. I think the Rams known they can’t unleash Gurley like they used to, but they could with Henderson 

malcolm brown is doomed?

4 minutes ago, lindown said:

malcolm brown is doomed?

Malcom brown is/could be a better runner but Henderson is dynamic too and to the point you can run the same plays calls as if Gurley was in there. This offensive system fits Henderson play and now I can see why they traded up to drafthim in the 3rd round. Just my observation 

Edited by Watitdookie

Whether its Brown or Gurley or Henderson...this is a big issue. Goff is stunting the offense because he has no time.

Edited by nonstopfan

5 minutes ago, nonstopfan said:

Whether its Brown or Gurley or Henderson...this is a big issue..

pass blocking....

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, chargahs said:

pass blocking....

That's still extremely relevant. One of the biggest buying points with Gurley was that he will get a lot of scoring opportunities so he should still return value despite his expected decrease in volume and perfromance. 

27 minutes ago, nonstopfan said:

Whether its Brown or Gurley or Henderson...this is a big issue. Goff is stunting the offense because he has no time.

WHAT ARE TALKING ABOUT!! This offense is built upon Toddy Gurley my guy! This team is built upon the run game and play action. Without this, you get these results you are showing! Sorry to say, but HENDERSON is going to perform and force the Ram’s hands to get him on the field

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Watitdookie said:

WHAT ARE TALKING ABOUT!! This offense is built upon Toddy Gurley my guy! This team is built upon the run game and play action. Without this, you get these results you are showing! Sorry to say, but HENDERSON is going to perform and force the Ram’s hands to get him on the field

I hope not. Do any of us want a sloppy time share? I don’t. Let Gurley eat. The end. 

13 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

I hope not. Do any of us want a sloppy time share? I don’t. Let Gurley eat. The end. 

Might need to sit him out another game or two for that to happen, maybe coupled with even less touches.

17 minutes ago, Watitdookie said:

Sooooo its Gurley's fault that they are running the ball and executing on play action but their "stud" QB can't deliver an accurate football because he's consistently under pressure...ie, the pass-blocking rankings indicated above. See how this all works together?

Way I see it is Henderson could help the offense due to his flash. Pass blocking not good? Dump it off to a RB that can create yards after the catch. Might open up thigs a tad bit.. Not saying he should rec all the carries but keep the D honest

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nonstopfan said:

Out of curiosity I wonder how gurley ranks as a pass blocker this year?

if he's out it'll probably be a split. with how bad ATL defense is Brown and Henderson would be startable this week especially with the byes.

5 hours ago, nonstopfan said:

They should've been looking to upgrade that O-Line rather than making the big splay play in going and getting Ramsey

Gurley will practice Wednesday bye weeks are killing me so I’ll take all the help I can get. Seems like it actually was a thigh bruise which is good news.

52 minutes ago, Ddam2013 said:

Gurley will practice Wednesday bye weeks are killing me so I’ll take all the help I can get. Seems like it actually was a thigh bruise which is good news.

Just read it was limited to individual drills. Not full. Not out of the woods.

Any practice report on him today?

See something around McVay saying he's pacing well but nothing really definitive.

M. Brown looks like he may not play. No practice today.