Iron-cock

Todd Gurley 2019 Outlook

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Gohawks said:

How do you know it’s phantom?

He needs to go full JJ Watt and post the picture of his bruised thigh lmao 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, CroNY said:

Logical statement relatively scarce in this thread, Unless the mountain from game of thrones walloped him in the thigh I am also skeptical.

Amari Cooper just missed a game because of a bruised thigh and sat out all week of practice except today. Add on the caution their taking with him it makes sense that he missed a game with that injury.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CroNY said:

Logical statement relatively scarce in this thread, Unless the mountain from game of thrones walloped him in the thigh I am also skeptical.

I was pretty skeptical at first but if he plays this week it's not hard to believe it's the truth. I'm thinking that it was half thigh, half maintenance. His knee condition requires preventative maintenance and perhaps they figured they may as well give him rest when they have the extra days because of the Thursday game. It's not really uncommon for RBs to miss games occasionally. Hopefully he's back to RB2 status. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ddam2013 said:

Amari Cooper just missed a game because of a bruised thigh and sat out all week of practice except today. Add on the caution their taking with him it makes sense that he missed a game with that injury.

One has to wonder about Amari's intentions though. Amari is in a contract year playing for a big contract. He doesn't want to end up injured in FA.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, devaster said:

One has to wonder about Amari's intentions though. Amari is in a contract year playing for a big contract. He doesn't want to end up injured in FA.

I don’t fully agree with that. I get it and I kinda agree but a thigh bruise isn’t an injury that you can make worse by playing on it, once you have it the damage is done and you can’t make the original injury much worse by playing on it. But it is a terribly painful thing to have happen, so I guess you could play through it but it seems like it would be uncomfortable to a point where it wouldn’t be worth it to me.

Edited by Ddam2013

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good to go LOL!!

 

Gurley will be sharing touches ROS and rest of career. The once RB1 lock and load is gonna be an often injured missing practice faded glory player. He will have good games, bad games, a few great based on match up but the good 'ol days and in the wind...........

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CraftyRighty said:

Good to go LOL!!

 

Gurley will be sharing touches ROS and rest of career. The once RB1 lock and load is gonna be an often injured missing practice faded glory player. He will have good games, bad games, a few great based on match up but the good 'ol days and in the wind...........

 

 

The guy is 25 years old. Most of you making proclamations about his knee or his performance moving forward have very little facts on either. Gurley was also being left for dead after his catastrophic college injury and his disappointing start in the NFL under Fisher--and you better believe there was plenty of chirping in threads like these from know it alls suggesting that Gurley would never live up to his talent.

What we do know is that he's young, immensely talented, in an offense that has proved the potential to be dynamic, and that he received a huge contract from a team that has more info on his injury history than anyone. Is it possible that his injury woes detail his career? Absolutely. But it's far from a certainty and really only time will tell. 

But let's not forget who this kid is, what he's capable of, and the fact that he's only in his 5th year in the league. He has bounced back once already after everyone was convinced his career was done. Don't be surprised to see him do it again. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AnchorDown said:

The guy is 25 years old. Most of you making proclamations about his knee or his performance moving forward have very little facts on either. Gurley was also being left for dead after his catastrophic college injury and his disappointing start in the NFL under Fisher--and you better believe there was plenty of chirping in threads like these from know it alls suggesting that Gurley would never live up to his talent.

What we do know is that he's young, immensely talented, in an offense that has proved the potential to be dynamic, and that he received a huge contract from a team that has more info on his injury history than anyone. Is it possible that his injury woes detail his career? Absolutely. But it's far from a certainty and really only time will tell. 

But let's not forget who this kid is, what he's capable of, and the fact that he's only in his 5th year in the league. He has bounced back once already after everyone was convinced his career was done. Don't be surprised to see him do it again. 


or you could look at it like this:

he’s been playing this game since he was a little kid, he got paid life changing money, and he’s tired of playing through injuries especially at a position that has the shortest shelf life in the NFL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Ryansm11 said:

He needs to go full JJ Watt and post the picture of his bruised thigh lmao 

People in here will think it’s makeup

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, CraftyRighty said:

Good to go LOL!!

 

Gurley will be sharing touches ROS and rest of career. The once RB1 lock and load is gonna be an often injured missing practice faded glory player. He will have good games, bad games, a few great based on match up but the good 'ol days and in the wind...........

 

 

Gurley has only been getting around 10% snaps less than last year. 

He misses ONE game and he’s suddenly in a RBBC.

Logic left this thread ages ago but damn...

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

Gurley has only been getting around 10% snaps less than last year. 

He misses ONE game and he’s suddenly in a RBBC.

Logic left this thread ages ago but damn...


And last year wasn’t he receiving significantly less snaps than the year before? Not trying to be a SA, but seems like down the stretch last year we were told “he’s fine” and then he barely played. So 10% less than an already decreased amount (if that’s the case) is significant, IMO.
 

This part is pure speculation, but it’s certainly not out of the realm of possibility that whatever caused him to play significantly less at the end of last year (even though he was fine then also) has reared it’s ugly head again. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, nromn said:


And last year wasn’t he receiving significantly less snaps than the year before? Not trying to be a SA, but seems like down the stretch last year we were told “he’s fine” and then he barely played. So 10% less than an already decreased amount (if that’s the case) is significant, IMO.
 

This part is pure speculation, but it’s certainly not out of the realm of possibility that whatever caused him to play significantly less at the end of last year (even though he was fine then also) has reared it’s ugly head again. 

 

yup but he was never meant to take all the receiving work. If my memory serves me right Turbin was brought in and quoted as the 3rd down back until he went on IR during the preseason (2017) 

Edited by JSA2422

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, BeGreat said:

Gurley stat line 2mr...80 rush yards 2 rush tds 3 rec 30 rec yards 1 rec td! 

 

Yeah, 2017/first three-quarters of 2018 were fun. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, herschel said:

anyone trying to buy low or best just to stay away?

No, stay far away.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, herschel said:

anyone trying to buy low or best just to stay away?

Atlanta was bound to be one of the high water marks for this unit as run blockers, and they went 26 carries for 90 yards, and if you take out Goff's run, no TDs?

I mean they should beat up on Cincy's front on Sunday but after that:

Steelers

Bears

Ravens

Cardinals (here's maybe a good day?)

Seahawks

Cowboys

49ers

Check please.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, DLG10 said:

Gurley time today?

I sure hope so, but an even split with Henderson is what I'm expecting.😫

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gurley should dominate touches until the game is out of hand, which should happen sooner than later. But if the game is out of hand there is a decent chance Gurley has punched in a TD or two. I'm not a Gurley owner but that's how I'd talk myself up for this one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, BklynBlue said:

I sure hope so, but an even split with Henderson is what I'm expecting.😫

Based on what? Not a single game this season has another ram rb ever gotten near an even split with gurley

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, boredster said:

Based on what? Not a single game this season has another ram rb ever gotten near an even split with gurley

Game flow.  I see LAR going up comfortably and managing Gurley's touches.  

 

edit to add:  hope im wrong!

Edited by BklynBlue

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Today we get a Gurley line that we’ve been waiting for.  I feel it!   Come back and celebrate with me in four and a half hours.  I’ll be here waiting.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...