TheBoatmen

Kenta Maeda 2019 Outlook

he was dealing last night. living on the corners (generous strike zone tbh). but that was established early in the game, and he just exploited it, got people chasing. lets hope for more of this to come

Maeda is expected to be placed on the 10-day injured list Friday with an undisclosed injury, Juan Toribio of MLB.com reports.

Maeda hurled 6.2 scoreless innings and fanned 12 in Wednesday's outing against the Padres, but he appears to have suffered some sort of injury during the contest. The extent of the problem is unknown at this time, though he'll miss at least one start while on the shelf.

I'm not a doctor, but I do know how to diagnose a severe case of IL manipulation 🤔

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

any idea when LAD/ yahoo will IL him? need to activate trea

nvm IL on yahoo

Edited by colepenhagen

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, colepenhagen said:

any idea when LAD/ yahoo will IL him? need to activate trea

probably momentarily as it is now official

Edited by smeeze

Very surprised to see not much fan fare for Kenta in this thread. Looking at possible trade targets for starting pitching and came across him, having a very solid year.

94 Ks in 95 innings, 3.76 ERA, 1.06 WHIP, 7-5 record

53 minutes ago, Del Rio said:

Anyone starting in Boston?

My NL-only league counts Ws and QS, so I'm rolling out everybody I can for the 3 day week.

9 hours ago, Resident A-hole said:

Nope. Too afraid of a 4.2 IP performance in Boston.

Close. 5.2 IP with no chance at a W or QS...

He’s so underrated in my opinion, given the pitching landscape this year. Even yesterday’s start he had a whip under 1 , and k/9 was over 9.  He’s pretty consistent and rarely gets blown up, which seems increasingly rare this season. 

Anyone starting him in Colorado on Monday?  I'm trying to talk myself out of it but he has surprisingly good numbers at Coors (5-1, 3.12 ERA, 1.14 WHIP, .623 OPS against). 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, OaksterDan said:

Anyone starting him in Colorado on Monday?  I'm trying to talk myself out of it but he has surprisingly good numbers at Coors (5-1, 3.12 ERA, 1.14 WHIP, .623 OPS against). 

Two-start week and his good numbers in Coors, including doing relatively OK in his two starts there earlier this year, have me starting, not without anxiety though.

Edited by Caelum

5 hours ago, OaksterDan said:

In a weekly league with 2 starts, I think you have no choice but to risk it.  In a daily league, I would sit him in Colorado as I only run out my top aces in Coors.  Maeda is a step or 2 below that.

6 hours ago, FoulPole said:

Droppable? Dude is trash right now. 

Yea, I'm in a similar boat. Still holding with some of my top guys hurt and not much on the WW, but I think he could be a cut for me too if he puts up another stinker

I suppose it is largely format dependent (as per usual) but he's an easy top 40 starter, so there is no way he's being dropped in my leagues.

I am a little worried about a phantom IL stint on the horizon though, LAD love working the system that way as a means to get extra rest to guys.

I keep rolling him out there because he is RP eligible. Gives me a 6th starter every week, but yeah, he's likely to ride pine for me next week. No 6th starter is better than a horrible 6th starter.