• Announcements

• tonycpsu

Comments on New Forum Design (UPDATED with workarounds)   02/12/2019

We are aware that the current layout of the Rotoworld forums is not going over well, and we feel your pain.  Please direct any comments about the new look of the forums to help@rotoworld.com, or to this thread. For those who are able to install user styles, (e.g. with the Stylish addon for Firefox or Chrome), you may wish to try a couple of user-created alternative styles. RW Forums Tweaks by tonycpsu Rotoworld Forums Dark Mode by sngehl01  
Sign in to follow this  
urban2014

Julian Edelman 2019 Outlook

SB MVP after starting the season banned. In PPR he will eat, in standard leagues, not so much.  Depending on who the Pat's get in the draft,and offseason

Since 2013 here are his catch totals. The question will remain will he play in 16 games? He has only done that 3 times in his career. Never has eclipsed over 7 Td's. He would be a solid flex play. I think the patriots are going to ride Sony hard next year though.

DNP

Well if he stops cheating, I could see 16 from him next year

• Haha 1

I think he's got one more big fantasy year in him, provided he's not hurt, but he's a decent injury risk of course.   Can't ignore the suspension either, if he gets popped again, well, you knew it was possible.     High risk WR2.   

Gotta see what they bring on from FA/Draft since there's a lot of free agents here.  Gronk is the big domino, and i think he'll be professional enough to let them know sooner rather than later, so they can plan accordingly.    

6 minutes ago, BrianM said:

I think he's got one more big fantasy year in him, provided he's not hurt, but he's a decent injury risk of course.   Can't ignore the suspension either, if he gets popped again, well, you knew it was possible.     High risk WR2.   

Gotta see what they bring on from FA/Draft since there's a lot of free agents here.  Gronk is the big domino, and i think he'll be professional enough to let them know sooner rather than later, so they can plan accordingly.    

I think you can ignore the suspension, he was using to get back from injury faster and has been up front about that.  It's not a Josh Gordon or M. Bryant situation.

He'll be DND for me like the rest of the Pats, due to homers in leagues.

1 minute ago, dmb3684 said:

I think you can ignore the suspension, he was using to get back from injury faster and has been up front about that.  It's not a Josh Gordon or M. Bryant situation.

He'll be DND for me like the rest of the Pats, due to homers in leagues.

True- i never caught that quote, but it makes sense, and is a believable enough take

At least he took accountability for having cheated - it’s a promising first step.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, BMcP said:

At least he took accountability for having cheated - it’s a promising first step.

More than your boy Peyton has done.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, dmb3684 said:

More than your boy Peyton has done.

Who’s boy?  Not my boy, though he didn’t cheat like your kid.

Thought you had me on “Ignore” - best correct that now.

Glad to see someone on that team actually admit he cheated for a change.

Edited by BMcP

On 2/5/2019 at 12:01 AM, BMcP said:

Well if he stops cheating, I could see 16 from him next year

Please read. Just Incase you need a refresher course football is violent, and ped’s help the healing process with injuries. 

https://grandstandcentral.com/2018/sports/nfl/julian-edelman-was-right-to-use-peds/

Its in you dna, you have to stir the pot on anything about Patriots, it is hilarious that one person in particular just can’t ignore your stupidity. You have a sparkling day.

Thanks for the article.  I’m glad Patriots fans are also willing to address the topic of Edelman’s cheating head-on, so it won’t endlessly be blamed on so-called “haters.”

From a completely cynical, cost-benefit standpoint, I agree with Mr. Evans: the benefits far outweigh the nearly non-existent stigma associated with cheating via taking prohibited drugs.  However, that doesn’t for a moment make it an honorable choice - or a fair choice from the perspective of Edelman’s fellow competitors on the field, and of fans of the game.

I do hope Julian sets an example, though, for fellow athletes who decide to cheat to get ahead by actually admitting his wrongdoing and taking ownership of it.

Thank you, shakestreet, for shining a light on this - I genuinely appreciate it!

51 minutes ago, BMcP said:

Thanks for the article.  I’m glad Patriots fans are also willing to address the topic of Edelman’s cheating head-on, so it won’t endlessly be blamed on so-called “haters.”

From a completely cynical, cost-benefit standpoint, I agree with Mr. Evans: the benefits far outweigh the nearly non-existent stigma associated with cheating via taking prohibited drugs.  However, that doesn’t for a moment make it an honorable choice - or a fair choice from the perspective of Edelman’s fellow competitors on the field, and of fans of the game.

I do hope Julian sets an example, though, for fellow athletes who decide to cheat to get ahead by actually admitting his wrongdoing and taking ownership of it.

Thank you, shakestreet, for shining a light on this - I genuinely appreciate it!

Cheating is a term that gets thrown around pretty loosely, but still no one denies Edelman did them and I think that's where you aren't understanding. The discussion came and went on it, the only ones who care to even talk about it now or bring it up are those who only care about having their hatred of New England validated.

19 minutes ago, BMcP said:

What I am still wondering why didn’t the nfl let us know what supplement Jules was banned for, or did they eventually and I missed it?

12 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

What I am still wondering why didn’t the nfl let us know what supplement Jules was banned for, or did they eventually and I missed it?

I've wondered the same thing. Which leads me to think it couldn't have been that big of a deal.

25 minutes ago, ThreadKiller said:

Cheating is a term that gets thrown around pretty loosely, but still no one denies Edelman did them and I think that's where you aren't understanding. The discussion came and went on it, the only ones who care to even talk about it now or bring it up are those who only care about having their hatred of New England validated.

The problem is people who only go into a thread to claim "Cheater alert! Cheater alert!" People that refer to them as 'Cheatriots', 'PEDelman', 'Belicheat', etc and really have nothing of substance to offer except for a tiresome narrative that they are regurgitating from ESPN. Edelman got suspended for PED use. Cool. We know. We've talked about it a lot, WHEN IT HAPPENED. Get over it. Move on. That's my point.

What if you were trying to have an intelligent conversation about the Steelers and whoever you're talking to can say nothing but "nah nah nah boo boo, Ben the rapist!" Does that show that they have a brain at all? Or that they are just attempting to troll the situation? Do you want to continue the conversation or try to find someone else that isn't a schmuck to talk to?

Edelman is: 

1.  A consistent ppr beast

2. a cheater by NFL policy

Both of these are facts 

So why is one comment more intelligent or relevant for discussion than the other if a person is opining in an Edelman thread? :lol:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dashoe said:

Edelman is: 

1.  A consistent ppr beast

2. a cheater by NFL policy

Both of these are facts 

So why is one comment more intelligent or relevant for discussion than the other if a person is opining in an Edelman thread? :lol:

Not only would I love to hear answers from our resident editorial staff to these questions, I’d further add why are we forbidden from factoring in the risk of a future suspension for PED use in a 2019 outlook thread when the player in question just missed a quarter of a season for PED use?

3 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

You two need to take a break if you don’t this thread will lock. 

Edelman is a ppr beast on the patriots who are factual cheaters and he was suspended for PEDS. . .once a cheater always a cheater but i'll take him as my wr2/flex:D

Edited by dashoe
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, dashoe said:

Edelman is a ppr beast on the patriots who was suspended for PEDS. . .once a cheater always a cheater but i'll take him as my wr2/flex:D

He's an autostart, 15 pts per week in PPR. Absolutely a WR2. Now in standard, I don't know that I'd be interested at all.

Does he come discounted in 2019 drafts due to age?

Edited by ThreadKiller

Currently going around 4.11 in 12 team $$$ best balls.

Pretty decent price for him. Any thoughts on that price?

Edited by bhawks489

Just now, BMcP said:

If you feel as if my posts have somehow deviated from the Code of Conduct, feel free to report my post to a forum moderator: I’m sure that will resolve any lingering confusion you may have regarding the appropriateness of repeatedly demanding someone to talk about their rooting affiliation in a player thread, and then repeatedly mocking that person for declining to do so.

No one is demanding anything, man. And no one is confused. I asked you a simple question and you've intentionally avoided it. I guarantee you I could ask anyone else what team they root for in a friendly conversation and not one would turn it into a Code of Conduct debate.

Unbelievable.

Lets try to keep things on track here guys. Just cleaned up a bit, dont want to have to go any farther on the issue. Everyones adult enough (I hope) that we can move on from whats been going on here. Thanks. 

13 hours ago, shakestreet said:

Please read. Just Incase you need a refresher course football is violent, and ped’s help the healing process with injuries. 

https://grandstandcentral.com/2018/sports/nfl/julian-edelman-was-right-to-use-peds/

Its in you dna, you have to stir the pot on anything about Patriots, it is hilarious that one person in particular just can’t ignore your stupidity. You have a sparkling day.

It's cheating, period.  That being said, solid WR2 in PPR.

Edited by kdko
  • Like 1

Hall of Fame voters in baseball have not been kind to known cheaters.  I am not sure the same will be true of football.

Edelman's regular season numbers are nowhere close to being hall of fame caliber.  His post-season numbers are.  

As for 2019, he'll probably be pretty good in ppr if he does not get hurt or suspended again.  Standard he's kinda meh.