Sign in to follow this  
urban2014

Julian Edelman 2019 Outlook

23 hours ago, BMcP said:

At least he took accountability for having cheated - it’s a promising first step.

Great troll post. Pro football is the one sport you better be juicing or there's something wrong with you. Well, pro wrestling too I guess.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, fingers said:

Great troll post. Pro football is the one sport you better be juicing or there's something wrong with you. Well, pro wrestling too I guess.

MLB  they all juice but hide it better and MMA they all juice but no one cares

1 hour ago, fingers said:

I’ll have to respectfully disagree, fingers.  But it was refreshing to see someone actually admit to wrongdoing instead of trying to blame it on a “mistake.”  Too many cheaters tend to do that.

2 hours ago, BMcP said:

I’ll have to respectfully disagree, fingers.  But it was refreshing to see someone actually admit to wrongdoing instead of trying to blame it on a “mistake.”  Too many cheaters tend to do that.

PED's aren't a big deal to me anymore. I'm burnt out with it. Makes me think of Mark McGwire, Barry Bonds huge mellon head, and sanctimonious baseball records. Edelman's mistake was getting caught. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, fingers said:

PED's aren't a big deal to me anymore. I'm burnt out with it. Makes me think of Mark McGwire, Barry Bonds huge mellon head, and sanctimonious baseball records. Edelman's mistake was getting caught. 

I asked one other time in this thread. Did they ever mention what was the banned substance he used that tested positive? 

The way don mattingly puts things he must think Julian Edelman is the only one who uses PEDs in the national Football League. He is no doubt the #1 — T word you used when it comes to anything about the Patriots. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, fingers said:

I do agree with you here - I think we’re all burnt-out at this point, particularly anyone who lived through the Steroid Era.  It might happen less frequently if the NFL hardened its stance, though.  Maybe start by copying MLB’s example and disqualifying anyone caught from participating in the post-season.

1 minute ago, shakestreet said:

I asked one other time in this thread. Did they ever mention what was the banned substance he used that tested positive? 

The way don mattingly puts things he must think Julian Edelman is the only one who uses PEDs in the national Football League. He is no doubt the #1 — T word you used when it comes to anything about the Patriots. 

I looked into this for you, shakestreet.  As far as I can tell, it was not disclosed, and Edelman declined to say.

As for your second comment, I most assuredly don’t believe that.  I’m sure many others cheat by choosing to use PEDs but have yet to get caught for doing so.  In light of the rationale presented in the article you generously shared on the topic, there is currently just too much of an incentive to use, and too little of a stigma to disincentivize use.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, BMcP said:

I do agree with you here - I think we’re all burnt-out at this point, particularly anyone who lived through the Steroid Era.  It might happen less frequently if the NFL hardened its stance, though.  Maybe start by copying MLB’s example and disqualifying anyone caught from participating in the post-season.

I really think the national Football League should allow certain types of steroids. What types need to be determined. Steroids are being used to heal faster so the players can be on the field. If they want to use them then I believe they should be allowed after all it is there body. 

So there was never a guy in the mlb who was caught banned and never played in the postseason? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BMcP said:

Please note, I am not disparaging the viewpoint the playing field needs to be kept level and PEDs are a form of cheating.

Call me cynical but with the amount of money on the line these days I'm doing everything and anything to make the cut if I'm in their shoes. 

Also at this point every team has steroid guys. Stones and glass houses

Edited by fingers
Spelling
  • Like 1

this thread would not be as active and full of cry babies about Edleman taking roids if he had not EARNED MVP of the Superbowl. 

Females

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, SyNdicateZ said:

this thread would not be as active and full of cry babies about Edleman taking roids if he had not EARNED MVP of the Superbowl. 

Females

To be fair, “females” might know how to spell Julian’s last name.

• Like 1

On 2/8/2019 at 3:13 PM, bhawks489 said:

Currently going around 4.11 in 12 team $$$ best balls.

Pretty decent price for him. Any thoughts on that price?

yea, come back in a few months.

4 hours ago, IDGAFOS said:

yea, come back in a few months.

Thats the plan.

See what the discount on players is.

What are your thoughts on his current price?

8 hours ago, shakestreet said:

I really think the national Football League should allow certain types of steroids. What types need to be determined. Steroids are being used to heal faster so the players can be on the field. If they want to use them then I believe they should be allowed after all it is there body. 

So there was never a guy in the mlb who was caught banned and never played in the postseason? 

i was given a steroid when i got into poison parsnip.....it was the worse rash and blistering i ever had. 10 times worse than poison ivy. it was given for the clearing of skin tissue. steroids and hgh can rebuild tissue damage and help rebuild tissue growth i believe? not a doctor or an nfl scout, but the steroids worked great for me, and i think edelman did the right thing to help his healing process, and yes he paid the price by taking a 4 game ban for it. i think he knew the cost before he did it, but at his age knew that was the quickest way back???? it was prescribed by a doctor so that might have helped him decide????

Since becoming a starter in 2013, Edelman has 106 receptions for 1337 yards in 13 postseason games (playing against the top teams).  Imagine if he could put together a regular season like that, his numbers would come to 130 receptions for 1645 yards over 16 games.

Edited by simanium

On 2/9/2019 at 3:37 PM, SyNdicateZ said:

Females

Sounds funny reading this in a horrible Boston accent.

• Haha 1

On 2/9/2019 at 5:37 PM, SyNdicateZ said:

Females

The best thing about Patriots fans is they are too busy going online and getting triggered by everything negative they see regarding their team than they are to sit back and enjoy their team's success. Don't believe me? Look on social media and this quoted post as evidence.

*Insert "haters" and "you're just salty" rebuttal*

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Carlos Correa said:

The best thing about Patriots fans is they are too busy going online and getting triggered by everything negative they see regarding their team than they are to sit back and enjoy their team's success. Don't believe me? Look on social media and this quoted post as evidence.

TRUE fans defend thier team/players and give a damn.

13 hours ago, Carlos Correa said:

I'd argue the people going online to bash an opposing city's sports team are the triggered ones.

I'm on a fantasy football message board. If someone makes something up about the Pats, I'm here, might as well chime in. Not like I walk around daily talking about this.

2 hours ago, SyNdicateZ said:

1 hour ago, dmb3684 said:

I'd argue the people going online to bash an opposing city's sports team are the triggered ones.

I'm on a fantasy football message board. If someone makes something up about the Pats, I'm here, might as well chime in. Not like I walk around daily talking about this.

Again, this just proves my point about how sensitive Patriots fans are. They are too busy going online and getting triggered by posts from random internet people than to sit back and enjoy unprecedented NFL success over 18 years. Why should you care what a bunch of internet people are saying about your team/players? People have bashed my team and favorite players and I don't crap myself and rage on my keyboard about it. And don't worry, it's not just Patriots fans, I understand there's other fanbases out there about just as bad (Cowboys).

39 minutes ago, Carlos Correa said:

Again, this just proves my point about how sensitive Patriots fans are. They are too busy going online and getting triggered by posts from random internet people than to sit back and enjoy unprecedented NFL success over 18 years. Why should you care what a bunch of internet people are saying about your team/players? People have bashed my team and favorite players and I don't crap myself and rage on my keyboard about it. And don't worry, it's not just Patriots fans, I understand there's other fanbases out there about just as bad (Cowboys).

Proves your point? How many words did you just type? You know what 'irony' is?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, dmb3684 said:

Proves your point? How many words did you just type? You know what 'irony' is?

Yeah, I can find thousands of posts by Patriots fans acting really mad right after their SB win because they were too busy going online and getting triggered. I made a post about Patriots fans being sensitive and of course, you came running lol. Well, you and the other guy above who would probably fly coast to coast to punch somebody in the face if he said a single negative word about Tom Brady since that's what "TRUE fans" do. That or he will just call you a female on the internet.

Edited by Carlos Correa
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, SyNdicateZ said:

True fans know how to spell Edelman's name correctly. ;)

I also don't think "TRUE fans" get so triggered they feel the need to call others "females" on the internet.

Edited by Carlos Correa

4 minutes ago, Carlos Correa said:

Yeah, I can find thousands of posts by Patriots fans acting really mad right after their SB win because they were too busy going online and getting triggered. I made a post about Patriots fans being sensitive and of course, you came running lol. Well, you and the other guy above who would probably fly coast to coast to punch somebody in the face if he said a single negative word about Tom Brady since that's what "TRUE fans" do. That or he will just call you a female on the internet.

Keep digging dude.