Sign in to follow this  
urban2014

Julian Edelman 2019 Outlook

1 minute ago, dmb3684 said:

Keep digging dude.

I'm not. I will literally show you evidence of crybaby fans choosing to be triggered rather than enjoying a SB win. I mean I already gave you one example above of a guy just on this thread alone not to mention the other threads on here along with Twitter.

Edited by Carlos Correa

5 minutes ago, Carlos Correa said:

I'm not. I will literally show you evidence of crybaby fans choosing to be triggered rather than enjoying a SB win. I mean I already gave you one example above of a guy just on this thread alone not to mention the other threads on here along with Twitter.

go pats!

1 minute ago, SyNdicateZ said:

go pats!

I can tell you're a huge Patriots fan by the way you can't even spell the Super Bowl MVP's name correctly lol.

2 hours ago, Carlos Correa said:

I can tell you're a huge Patriots fan by the way you can't even spell the Super Bowl MVP's name correctly lol.

Go pats! Adleman MVP!!

• Haha 2

This has been an extremely edifying discussion about Julian Edelman's 2019 prospects.  Thanks so much guys.  Now that I am armed with so much useful fantasy knowledge, I will be targeting Edelman at his ADP.  Which is what again?

• Haha 4

12 hours ago, Carlos Correa said:

Tell me more, please.

Could not be contained or guarded and killed it in the playoffs (especially the SB where he was the MVP).  Even at 32 years old (he just turned 33), Edelman looked as good as I've ever seen him.  By far Brady's most trusted target on an offense that's going to want to run the ball and dink and dunk, with the occasional deep shot.  He was a 2018 top 10 PPR WR from weeks 5-17 (after he returned from suspension) and I see no reason why he won't repeat this year.  Current ADP - WR15 on FFCalc and WR23 on MFL.  Definitely some value in drafting Edelman IMO. 

1 hour ago, J.T. Marlin said:

Could not be contained or guarded and killed it in the playoffs (especially the SB where he was the MVP).  Even at 32 years old (he just turned 33), Edelman looked as good as I've ever seen him.  By far Brady's most trusted target on an offense that's going to want to run the ball and dink and dunk, with the occasional deep shot.  He was a 2018 top 10 PPR WR from weeks 5-17 (after he returned from suspension) and I see no reason why he won't repeat this year.  Current ADP - WR15 on FFCalc and WR23 on MFL.  Definitely some value in drafting Edelman IMO. 

You are like all business 24/7.

If any thread ever gets derailed, you are always the first guy there to ask about their value as it pertains to current ADP.

• Like 1

I usually never end up with Pats players. I like Edelman this year at his ADP. Think he is a lock to return value if he stays healthy with some upside if he can get in the endzone a decent amount.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

You are like all business 24/7.

If any thread ever gets derailed, you are always the first guy there to ask about their value as it pertains to current ADP.

Haha, you have a point.  I mostly post while at the office, so that's where my mind-set is at I guess.  In this instance though the last post was from 2/12, so this was more about me liking Edelman and wanting to get the discussion going again.

I actually get a good laugh from some of the fighting and other nonsense on these boards but some of it is irritating to have sift through all the crap to get to any relevant points. 

I don't come here to pick fights, insult, or act like I know it all and can't be wrong.  Looking to gain and share insight to help myself and others do well in their leagues.

• Like 7

53 minutes ago, dmb3684 said:

I usually never end up with Pats players. I like Edelman this year at his ADP. Think he is a lock to return value if he stays healthy with some upside if he can get in the endzone a decent amount.

Agreed, injury of course always a concern (as it is with almost any player) but the TD # will determine whether Edelman is a good or great/league-winning pick in 2019.

3 hours ago, dmb3684 said:

I'm worried we will start to see a changing of the guard to Harey mid to late season. (Then watch Edelman erupt with an amazing post season, just because)

On 2/11/2019 at 7:23 PM, SyNdicateZ said:

Go pats! Adleman MVP!!

Adderalman*

23 hours ago, hoppychokes said:

I'm worried we will start to see a changing of the guard to Harey mid to late season. (Then watch Edelman erupt with an amazing post season, just because)

Nah. Harry will be lined up outside more. They can both be good at the same time.  If anything, Harry helps Edelman.

Also earning TB's trust and learning the playbook don't come easy. 

On 6/6/2019 at 1:02 AM, kdko said:

Adderalman*

I chanted PEDelman whenever he caught a ball last year, I am thinking this guy can do it at least one more season, he was a blessing to own last year in fantasy.  At the 2/3 turn in 14 ppr, I would have no problem reaching for him as that safe wr anchor on my roster

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, 1972Miamidolphins said:

I chanted PEDelman whenever he caught a ball last year, I am thinking this guy can do it at least one more season, he was a blessing to own last year in fantasy.  At the 2/3 turn in 14 ppr, I would have no problem reaching for him as that safe wr anchor on my roster

He gets hurt too much to be called 'safe'  IMO

8 hours ago, dmb3684 said:

He gets hurt too much to be called 'safe'  IMO

He's a coin flip on putting together a full season, though I'm only looking at 2013-current, because that's he assumed the full time role.

the PEDs and suspension was a blessing in disguise for his health, he got away with a quicker recovery and got an extra months rest.

14 minutes ago, 1972Miamidolphins said:

the PEDs and suspension was a blessing in disguise for his health, he got away with a quicker recovery and got an extra months rest.

totally.

so as a fournette dynasty owner, i'm so hoping he gets a PEDS supsension?

anigif_enhanced-buzz-10022-1415777101-16

2 minutes ago, Sack Exchange said:

so as a fournette dynasty owner, i'm so hoping he gets a PEDS supsension?

What, so people can start calling him FourPED?

giphy.gif

10 hours ago, 1972Miamidolphins said:

He's a coin flip on putting together a full season

That doesn't sound 'safe' to me at all.

so I guess people don't feel safe with going him in the 3rd in ppr. surprised honestly

5 minutes ago, floppy said:

so I guess people don't feel safe with going him in the 3rd in ppr. surprised honestly

Edelman is getting older, Brady is getting older, and the Pats are increasing their running game. Maybe this affects him, maybe not. They are just things to consider.