Sign in to follow this  
urban2014

Julian Edelman 2019 Outlook

Edelman has pretty big injury risk and is not getting any younger. Both times he won the Superbowl he got hurt the next season, I'd rather spend that early pick on a receiver who is more durable. He's amazing when he's on the field though, just wide open all the time.

19 minutes ago, daethfromabove1979 said:

Edelman has pretty big injury risk and is not getting any younger. Both times he won the Superbowl he got hurt the next season, I'd rather spend that early pick on a receiver who is more durable. He's amazing when he's on the field though, just wide open all the time.

So because they won the Super Bowl, he's bound to get injured this year?  What's the correlation?  Winning means you get lazy and don't train?  I'd prefer to think that one event doesn't necessarily lead to the other.

160 incoming targets for this guy.  Who else is Brady going to trust and lean on?  PPR beast.

3 minutes ago, CooL said:

So because they won the Super Bowl, he's bound to get injured this year?  What's the correlation?  Winning means you get lazy and don't train?  I'd prefer to think that one event doesn't necessarily lead to the other.

160 incoming targets for this guy.  Who else is Brady going to trust and lean on?  PPR beast.

I'm just saying that's what happened, and it seems like he is a party animal so maybe that has something to do with it...

But yes, if healthy he'll have a monster year.

The only concern is injuries.  He is 33 and seems to get hurt every year now but there's no question that he is a WR1 in PPR when healthy.

His role and targets are bulletproof in this system - it's a matter of staying on the field.  He was top 10 last season on a PPG basis in PPR.

I think he is a fantastic WR2 who will stabilize your WR corp if you start off with someone like Hill/Hilton/Evans to help with the bust games.

48 minutes ago, daethfromabove1979 said:

Pretty sure that's just purely coincidental. Edelman goes 100mph all the time and is obviously not shy about contact, I think that's a better correlation to his injury risk at any given moment rather than the success of the team the year prior. Honestly if you're drafting Edelman you really have to be ok with that fact that there's a fair chance going to miss 3 or 4 games.

Based off of how he performed down the stretch I really wouldn't anticipate there being an extreme drop off in production this season due to him being 7 months older, his play style also shouldn't be hugely impacted by any potential further dip in Brady's production.. If you're conducting your team in a manner where you're going with volume at WR and not necessarily relying on 2 "elite" fantasy WRs I'd have no problem taking Edelman in the 4th (where he lands according to FFC's ADP). 

I'd expect more of an age-related dropoff if he was a burner running go routes. Slot possession receivers don't worry me as much in that dept.

• Like 2

I hope Gordon sticks - I think it helps Mr. Edelman if he does. 

Edelman's production may not be as steady, but he will have a few games where Brady targets him 15-20 times if Gordon is still a threat.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, SuperJoint said:

I hope Gordon sticks - I think it helps Mr. Edelman if he does. 

Edelman's production may not be as steady, but he will have a few games where Brady targets him 15-20 times if Gordon is still a threat.

Agree. Definitely stretches out the field a bit more and opens up room for Edelman in the middle. The targets will always be there.

8 minutes ago, SyNdicateZ said:

I can confirm this.

Not sure why you risk him in pre-season game #4, foolish.

1 minute ago, PizzaBeerFF said:

Gordon looking rusty there.

hes being PI'd every play.

1 minute ago, mjb said:

Not sure why you risk him in pre-season game #4, foolish.

Edlemans on the bubble 

• Thanks 1

Just now, PizzaBeerFF said:

Couldn’t imagine a four WR set with Edelman, Gordon, DThomas, and NHarry....

Gronk Who?

3 minutes ago, SyNdicateZ said:

Gronk Who?

He’s our tight end that comes back week five. Rmembah? 😹

1 minute ago, PizzaBeerFF said:

He’s our tight end that comes back week five. Rmembah? 😹

Hes to busy oiling it up. 

I actually think he comes back week 9ish

Hands of gold. Not spry, but money if the ball is there. DT. Set up by Brousette. I find it hard to believe, but Pats might keep Brousette. Is he used special teams ?