Sign in to follow this  
urban2014

Julian Edelman 2019 Outlook

19 minutes ago, theSPANKER said:

What's the consensus here are we starting him?

Too risky..Going wit Dorsett

Too many other injuries at WR for me. Gotta start Edelman. 

Hope Tom targets him early and often with White shadowing Gordon. 

• Thanks 1

Sitting him for Hollywood Brown in a PPR league.....just hate the idea of him heading to the sideline the 1st time he is tackled....

38 minutes ago, Bish0p said:

Playing preston over him, pray for me fellaz.

Good luck my friend. I’m keeping a watchful eye. Have him stashed on my bench.

I think he is still not healthy and the Pats tried to protect him a little bit last week. As he is going to be running a lot of middle and underneath routes, he will get hit...A LOT...and he is Brady’s safety blanket so they will need him the whole season. 

• Like 1

I didn't acquire him until after AB was released so I didn't know how most of y'all felt about his outlook with another wr taking targets. If Diggs somehow makes his way to NE, does it help Edelman by taking away some attention or does it hurt Edelman by taking away targets? Maybe somewhere in the middle? Was I wrong to try to ship him out to try to get out in front of a Diggs arrival?

2 minutes ago, theantishere said:

I didn't acquire him until after AB was released so I didn't know how most of y'all felt about his outlook with another wr taking targets. If Diggs somehow makes his way to NE, does it help Edelman by taking away some attention or does it hurt Edelman by taking away targets? Maybe somewhere in the middle? Was I wrong to try to ship him out to try to get out in front of a Diggs arrival?

I think just like AB, Diggs will be that deep threat role and will directly hurt Gordon more than JE. 

As I mentioned earlier about JE when AB was signed. Assuming Diggs will take over that WR1 ala Randy Moss, people forget that Wes was the leading receiver for that offense. And JE is playing the exact role that Wes was in that offense. So I think JE will have value doesn’t matter who else is coming to NE. Health is the only worry, other than that, you start him every week. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, ginocan said:

I think just like AB, Diggs will be that deep threat role and will directly hurt Gordon more than JE. 

As I mentioned earlier about JE when AB was signed. Assuming Diggs will take over that WR1 ala Randy Moss, people forget that Wes was the leading receiver for that offense. And JE is playing the exact role that Wes was in that offense. So I think JE will have value doesn’t matter who else is coming to NE. Health is the only worry, other than that, you start him every week. 

I don't think this is it at all. 

It's simple, guys. Edelman is literally going to get open more than any player in the NFL. If he's open Brady will throw it to him. Add any elite receiver to the Pats. It has minimal effect on Edelman. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, theantishere said:

First time owning Edelman. So is it really as simple as "as long as he's healthy, he's gonna eat." ?

If he’s not taking PEDs or assaulting chicks in night clubs?  Pretty much, yes.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, theantishere said:

First time owning Edelman. So is it really as simple as "as long as he's healthy, he's gonna eat." ?

Yep. He's hurt a lot. If he's healthy he's a low-end WR1. Played 14, 9, 16, 0, and 12  games the past 5 years. If he's actually healthy, he's in my starting lineup. Also my first time owning him (in a non-PPR league), but not for lack of trying.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, theantishere said:

6 hours ago, miasma16 said:

Yep. He's hurt a lot. If he's healthy he's a low-end WR1. Played 14, 9, 16, 0, and 12  games the past 5 years. If he's actually healthy, he's in my starting lineup. Also my first time owning him (in a non-PPR league), but not for lack of trying.

I don't know if it's that simple.  This guy seemingly destroyed me year after year, I would always frustratingly be up against him on the week when he would have some ridiculous PPR stat line like 10-70-1 or 12-80.  So I made it a point to get this guy this year and probably overpaid.  So what happens?  This year so far 16.38, 9.2, 19.2, and 7.0 PPR points so far.  Targets 11-4-10-7.  I drafted this guy for the consistent 10+ targets a game and 7-8 catches.  Now lots of stuff has changed since the draft - JG got reinstated, which I thought would be good to free up the middle for Edelman.  The AB experiment.  But now it seems like all the GOAT has eyes for is James White and too much Dorsett. 

And of course now he's dinged up again.  As always.  I bet all of us Edelman owners wish we drafted Chris Godwin instead.  Sometimes it just might be better to admire from afar...

Although I do wish that I still had Chris Godwin as I wrote up above, this guy is a baller and a stud. He almost had 2 tds. If Brady had better arm strength, that ball that seemed to float in the air forever to the end zone would have been zipped to Edelman instead of being knocked away at the last minute.