• Announcements

• tonycpsu

Comments on New Forum Design (UPDATED with workarounds)   02/12/2019

We are aware that the current layout of the Rotoworld forums is not going over well, and we feel your pain.  Please direct any comments about the new look of the forums to help@rotoworld.com, or to this thread. For those who are able to install user styles, (e.g. with the Stylish addon for Firefox or Chrome), you may wish to try a couple of user-created alternative styles. RW Forums Tweaks by tonycpsu Rotoworld Forums Dark Mode by sngehl01  
Sign in to follow this  
urban2014

Tom Brady 2019 Outlook

The GOAT was very meh during the season,  he will probably end up being drafted later then usual. 

Potential here for major roster turnover with Gronk perhaps retiring and most of the WR's (other than PEDelman) reaching UFA status.   I'm looking hard at Rex Burkhead.  If they keep him, they're almost certainly doubling down on a run-heavy approach.   Brady's still Brady, but the days of needing him to throw 350 yards and 3 TD's on the regular are gone.    

34 minutes ago, BrianM said:

Potential here for major roster turnover with Gronk perhaps retiring and most of the WR's (other than PEDelman) reaching UFA status.   

This is a good thing, they suck.

Bring on Humphries 

Another slot-man?

There have been rumors of UFA(?) WR AHumphries to NE to replace Edelman moving forward, but IMHO not sure it would be an advantageous move overall for the team in the present IF Edelman is still rostered. Not sure two slot WRs do them much good on the field of play.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dmb3684 said:

This is a good thing, they suck.

Bring on Humphries 

Humphries is someone I've told everyone the pats will sign. Great short and medium route guy. If Gronk does leave I wouldn't be shocked if the Patriots targeted Hockenson. Another mismatch type tight end. I believe Brady won't have some crazy stat year, but Sony is going to get rode like Lamar Odom at the bunny ranch.

I expect the Pats will continue playing a run first offense with their 22 personel on the field. Brady is a middle of the pack 2nd tier option at this point in his career. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, FollowTheLeader said:

There have been rumors of UFA(?) WR AHumphries to NE to replace Edelman moving forward, but IMHO not sure it would be an advantageous move overall for the team in the present IF Edelman is still rostered. Not sure two slot WRs do them much good on the field of play.

i havent heard these rumors locally... where is this comming from?

7 minutes ago, SyNdicateZ said:

i havent heard these rumors locally... where is this comming from?

Humphries to NE is something I've seen/heard a million times.

Talked about him on Toucher and Rich just this morning.

Haven’t seen any rumors to the effect that SB MVP Edelman may have just played his last game as a Patriot - is it possible I just missed this?

Die-hard Pats fan here. Love Tom for real football, wouldn’t touch him fantasy-wise. He finished outside the QB1 conversation this year (14 for 4 or TD) 

Factor in the “Tampa Bay QB”  being a top 3 QB but neither finishing top 12. Baker Mayfield finished with ~40 less points with an incomplete season. Josh Allen is in a similar boat there. Tom’s sitting between 15 and 20. His name value will get him drafted higher than he’s worth. He’s still aging, and losing weapons.

That’s a no from me Dawg. 

From me too, wouldn't have him as my number one QB in fantasy. 

Wouldn't have anyone else navigating the Pats to a Superbowl chance. 

Big difference between fantasy and real life. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, BMcP said:

Haven’t seen any rumors to the effect that SB MVP Edelman may have just played his last game as a Patriot - is it possible I just missed this?

The defense allows three points, but the MVP goes to an offensive player?

Two field goals were enough.  MVP belongs to the defense.

33 minutes ago, jmausen said:

The defense allows three points, but the MVP goes to an offensive player?

Two field goals were enough.  MVP belongs to the defense.

What defensive player stood out the most and should get it?

19 hours ago, BMcP said:

Literally no one said that.

7 minutes ago, ThreadKiller said:

Literally no one said that.

Ok thanks - that probably clears things up for people suggesting that Humphries to Patriots has been rumored to happen at least a million times.

2 minutes ago, BMcP said:

Ok thanks - that probably clears things up for people suggesting that Humphries to Patriots has been rumored to happen at least a million times.

Rumors/speculation that the Patriots could sign Humphries in the offseason are not exclusive with Edelman playing his last game as a Patriot. Literally no one ever said the former as a possibility, so I don't know what lead you to ask about it.

If Edelman is moved in the offseason, I will wear a sundress to work the following day. Not happening.

Edited by ThreadKiller

I’ll take the sundress bet too if the Patriots pay up for a second slot receiver - that maybe literally be the last thing they need.

1 hour ago, BMcP said:

I’ll take the sundress bet too if the Patriots pay up for a second slot receiver - that maybe literally be the last thing they need.

No. Quality WRs are what they need and he would fit that criteria. Doesn't need to be exclusive to slot. PS, Edelman and Amendola coexisted quite nicely and that's because Edelman doesn't exclusively stay in the slot. To say it's literally the last thing they need is simply incorrect.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, ThreadKiller said:

No. Quality WRs are what they need and he would fit that criteria. Doesn't need to be exclusive to slot. PS, Edelman and Amendola coexisted quite nicely and that's because Edelman doesn't exclusively stay in the slot. To say it's literally the last thing they need is simply incorrect.

Drawing a blank, PS is?

Just now, ThreadKiller said:

Postscript.

Lol woops, I thought you were abbreviating someone's name. 

Just now, bhawks489 said:

Lol woops, I thought you were abbreviating someone's name. 

Lol, no worries.

Hey, what team do you root for?