bradwatson

Tyler Glasnow 2019 Outlook

13 minutes ago, johnnyboy8102 said:

Slated to throw on Monday. 

Still don’t think he is returning to the rotation this season. 

Probably not, but if he even throws at all it will go a long way to help me feel better about next season.

On 7/31/2019 at 3:25 PM, sportsfreak2744 said:

Probably not, but if he even throws at all it will go a long way to help me feel better about next season.

he threw.

Tyler Glasnow (forearm) threw from a distance of 60 feet on Monday.

Advice: It was his first time picking up a baseball in six weeks and he told reporters after the workout that "everything felt good." Glasnow landed on the injured list on May 11 with a right forearm strain and then suffered a setback in June. He probably won't be an option for the Rays until sometime in September.

So what are your thoughts on him going into next year?  is this a keeper option in lets say a keep 8-10 players?  where will he be drafted?

4 minutes ago, jfazz23 said:

So what are your thoughts on him going into next year?  is this a keeper option in lets say a keep 8-10 players?  where will he be drafted?

I mean his injury history suggests you let him be someone else's problem...when he's pitching he's a Cy Young candidate...lotta good that does if he's not there in September...if one could draft him in the double digit rds I'd say he's worth the gamble...one might also not have to keep him to nab him next year either...tough choice here but tough choices win chips...

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, BIGFLY4MIKETROUT said:

is he going to win us the playoffs in september?

Nah.

8 minutes ago, bigboyish said:

Still worth a stash in redraft for leagues ending Sept 15?

giphy.gif

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
47 minutes ago, wahoos1 said:

Any new optimism? Throwing bullpens, rehab soon?

Optimism for what? He's going to the bullpen when he returns, so for redrafts, his value is basically gone. For keeper leagues, there is reason to be optimistic.

Edited by hangin n wangin

As dynasty owner, i am optimistic that he may just get enough RP appearances to be eligible to be a SP/RP option in 2020.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fuzzy_Slippers said:

He's done, guys. If you're in a redraft, move on. 

As a starter this season, yes.  He could still have some value as a reliever though for ratios and K's.

I'm glad we'll likely get to see him throw the ball in the majors even if it is just as a reliever. Should help get a better read on how to value him as a keeper or as a redraft pick next season.

• Like 1

On 8/5/2019 at 8:56 PM, jfazz23 said:

Probably hurt again like most pitchers that sit in the upper 90s.  

In draft he will probably cost too much for my taste.

After reading about how he’ll be bullpen, he was forgotten about.  But, the manager said he would pitch multiple innings on a podcast I listened to.  The intention is to stretch hm out to maybe start for the playoffs.  If he’s a bulker, he becomes very enticing in wins leagues.  Anyone know anything about this or think he could be a sneaky good pickup?

Traditional starters role when he returns (very soon) so that he knows when he’s pitching according to this https://www.mlb.com/news/tyler-glasnow-feels-good-after-rehab-outing.  Not the bullpen as first thought.  I suppose being a bulker would accomplish this.  Better grab him now if you have room, before this gets out into the mainstream.

Guess he's not coming to the bullpen after all! They're saying 2-3 innings on Sunday, could he get 5 his next start?!

Struck out the side in the 1st inning and flashed 100 mph. He threw 33 fastballs averaging 97.6 mph.

Very reassuring so far imo for next season. He'll be an opener on Saturday against LAA next.

6 hours ago, wahoos1 said:

Anyone think goes at least 4-5 innings tomorrow?

im wondering myself.. im nervous to pull the trigger. his stuff was insane last time out but can also put up a 5er spot in the first inning .. anyone think its a good start tomm?

Full-on breakout coming next year. The breakout that was happening this year (until injury)

18 hours ago, brooklynfinest42 said:

im wondering myself.. im nervous to pull the trigger. his stuff was insane last time out but can also put up a 5er spot in the first inning .. anyone think its a good start tomm?

Well only 3 innings but 7k s, wow