urban2014

Brandin Cooks 2019 Outlook

The Rams were a disaster and him not catching that TD , didn't help.  Thoughts on him in dynasty/redraft next season? 

He's pretty clearly a big part of their offense- he can stretch it but he's also not one-dimensional in that his only value comes from downfield throws.    I argued last year that he'd end up a better real life player than fantasy, but he exceeded my expectations.    

I feel as though he's a middle of the road WR2 in redraft.   He's been a very healthy chap, is still young, and while I am skeptical about Jared Goff, they did target Cooks fairly consistently in 2018.    Even in this trash of a Super Bowl, vs Gilmore, Cooks put up some numbers.  He feels safe enough, and while i won't scream the word upside here, its possible at least that Goff can improve and elevate Cooks with him.    

• Like 1

Does anyone have “most pass interfered with?” stats?

I feel like he’s the runaway WR1 in a PPPI league.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Proteus said:

Does anyone have “most pass interfered with?” stats?

I feel like he’s the runaway WR1 in a PPPI league.

He’d be about a high-upside WR3 - ranked 26th in the league last season.

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/wr

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Iron-cock said:

He’s actually 3rd overall in PI yards though, pretty impressive. 

He made each count!  Helps that Brees still has an excellent deep ball.

4 minutes ago, BMcP said:

He made each count!  Helps that Brees still has an excellent deep ball.

Goff too. ;)

Edited by Iron-cock

3 minutes ago, Iron-cock said:

Goff too. ;)

Ha!  Mind-blank there - yep, thanks!

People should finally be out of excuses to discredit Cooks' production... right?

• Like 1

On 2/11/2019 at 3:35 PM, FFCollusion said:

People should finally be out of excuses to discredit Cooks' production... right?

As a guy who did so the last two years, yes.   Both times I argued the "great player, think he'll be overdrafted" take.   No more excuses, he's consistent and reliable.   

21 minutes ago, BrianM said:

As a guy who did so the last two years, yes.   Both times I argued the "great player, think he'll be overdrafted" take.   No more excuses, he's consistent and reliable.   

On 2/11/2019 at 2:35 PM, FFCollusion said:

Curtis Conway 2.0?

• Haha 1

Cooks starts, in a snake draft this year, what will be a “wr1 no-mans land”...starting in the mid-late 3rd rd, a group of the next 10-15 wrs with real talent, but hardly one that sticks out as having a good chance to sneak into top 5 territory.

Edited by psygolf

As long as your league isn't still playing during the Super Bowl, Cooks should be good. Dude is about as unclutch as they come.

13 minutes ago, dmb3684 said:

As long as your league isn't still playing during the Super Bowl, Cooks should be good. Dude is about as unclutch as they come.

Why not just draft the last LAR wr on the board-?

11 hours ago, psygolf said:

Curtis Conway 2.0?

Lavern Coles 2.0

1 hour ago, psygolf said:

Why not just draft the last LAR wr on the board-?

I won't be drafting any Rams next year. 

Does anyone think Cooks gets a bump with all the Gurley news plus CKupp coming of an ACL tear suffered half-way through the 2018 season?  He should conceivably see an uptick in targets.  Plus, it's his second year in the offense, after last season playing on his 3rd team in 3 years.  Same argument could be made for RWoods as well. 

48 minutes ago, J.T. Marlin said:

Does anyone think Cooks gets a bump with all the Gurley news plus CKupp coming of an ACL tear suffered half-way through the 2018 season?  He should conceivably see an uptick in targets.  Plus, it's his second year in the offense, after last season playing on his 3rd team in 3 years.  Same argument could be made for RWoods as well. 

cooks, woods, and kupp are all in round 4 regarding ADP (in that order). for me, i'd just like the best value out of these guys, preferring the last guy off the board if i can get him a round or two later. i do expect the margin here to widen a bit, with cooks going earlier and kupp or woods falling. i like woods if i can land him.

i don't know about an uptick in targets, though. i expect targets to remain the same, and if gurley is sidelined or enters a committee, we see malcolm brown and darrell henderson picking up gurley's targets.

to me, the gurley news just muddles the backfield, but the solidity of the offense and targets to WRs doesn't fluctuate significantly. that said, there are other WRs in round 4 i prefer, so i'm ok bypassing this corps in round 4 and seeing who's left in round 5.

12.gif

Posted (edited)

This is not a huge sample size, but in the six 2018 games in which Cooks/Kupp/Woods all played together (long enough to gather a typical amount of targets), here's how they fared...

image.png

As mentioned, 6 games is not a huge sample size, but take from it what you will (or take nothing) :) 

Edited by Corleone
  • Like 6

2 hours ago, Corleone said:

This is not a huge sample size, but in the six 2018 games in which Cooks/Kupp/Woods all played together (long enough to gather a typical amount of targets), here's how they fared...

image.png

As mentioned, 6 games is not a huge sample size, but take from it what you will (or take nothing) :) 

666 yardage total?  

812AAE4D-716E-4905-B797-48635B2787DE.jpeg.eae11ef4acb2db135696ff2219ce9674.jpeg

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, broncofan48 said:

666 yardage total?  

812AAE4D-716E-4905-B797-48635B2787DE.jpeg.eae11ef4acb2db135696ff2219ce9674.jpeg

Well if you add in his rush yards from the game where he had the rushing TD, he moves ahead of 666 😁

1 hour ago, Brownsfan74 said:

Who is the best red zone threat out of the 3 Rams receivers?

Coop. He had 12 targets in the red zone in 8 games. Cooks had 17 in 16 games. Woods had 12 in 16 games.

22 hours ago, Brownsfan74 said:

Who is the best red zone threat out of the 3 Rams receivers?

Kupp by far