Purple Hippo

Ivan Rabb 2019 Season Outlook

43 minutes ago, RafiBomb said:

Closing out the game and the deal is rumored to be Monk, Boyombo (??) and 1st rounder for Gasol

If true, that's two first rounders for a used up Marc Gasol..... Charlotte is always mismanaged.

12 minutes ago, calebcjy said:

jamyhcal green could get more run too

depending on the pieces

That guy is perpetually injured

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, dfstout said:

As I'm writing this:

1. Gasol is on the block and waiting for a bus to Charlotte

2. Rabb was introduced last in Memphis to an uproarious crowd

3. and is now starting at Center, throwing down dunks, ripping offensive rebounds from three Wolves and is now placed on my bench waiting for me to enjoy a Rabb-id style of beastly basketball!!!

Based only on this post I dropped Giles for Ivan.   I hope he is better stash

What’s the dynasty potential here? 

14 minutes ago, chud12 said:

What’s the dynasty potential here? 

If CHA sends Biz and Willy/Cody, Rabb might be screwed. I thought they'd send Batum, but they need another playmaker next to Kemba despite his ugly contract.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Gile Pile said:

That's awesome...good move 

2 minutes ago, ellejamil said:

If CHA sends Biz and Willy/Cody, Rabb might be screwed. I thought they'd send Batum, but they need another playmaker next to Kemba despite his ugly contract.

How many centers does Memphis need? Seems excessive...

1 minute ago, dfstout said:

That's awesome...good move 

I  hope so. If this does not work   you are in trouble :D

1 minute ago, dfstout said:

How many centers does Memphis need? Seems excessive...

It's not based on their roster's needs but more like shoring up picks/young players by taking on bad contracts of playoff teams.

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Gile Pile said:

Own Giles atm but I am holding off in adding Rabb until I see what Memphis gets back and if Gasol is actually. It’s no sure thing. Rabb has s clear path for minutes by the TD. 

45 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

If true, that's two first rounders for a used up Marc Gasol..... Charlotte is always mismanaged.

This is excessive for Gasol. Biz and Willy plus a pick should be enough

1 minute ago, chud12 said:

Own Giles atm but I am holding off in adding Rabb until I see what Memphis gets back and if Gasol is actually. It’s no sure thing. Rabb has s clear path for minutes by the TD. 

I will keep Rabb until Friday for sure. If Gasol is still on the team, it is drop time.  I debated this move a bit (based on 2 games week in playoffs for Memphis), but still did it.  If Rabb is still on my roster for playoffs I can afford 2 game week from him

6 minutes ago, ellejamil said:

It's not based on their roster's needs but more like shoring up picks/young players by taking on bad contracts of playoff teams.

They have no incentive to play any of charlottes bigs for significant minutes when they could develop rabb and jjj....biyombo and willy have already squandered enough chances by now, which means, if course, that rabb will go back to dnps while biyo and willy resume their zellerless split from charlotte with similar results.

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Gile Pile said:

I  hope so. If this does not work   you are in trouble :D

Ivan thinkin Rabb would shine for some time now...we're good...:ph34r:

Just now, PeteM said:

They have no incentive to play any of charlottes bigs for significant minutes when they could develop rabb and jjj....biyombo and willy have already squandered enough chances by now, which means, if course, that rabb will go back to dnps while biyo and willy resume their zellerless split from charlotte with similar results.

This is true, but where else is MEM going to get a better return? It would be very stupid for CHA to give away Monk, though I would also not put it beyond them. The only way CHA will send MEM a pick/young player is if MEM accepts a bad contract, and that's either Batum or Biz. Batum is starting, Biz barely sees daylight. The rest is just salary matching (Gasol is owed 25mn, Biz is 17mn).

NBA sources told SN on Tuesday that a potential deal sending the Grizzlies' Marc Gasol to the Hornets is, "probably not" happening. Skepticism on both sides, and no framework in place, despite signs that something was afoot.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ellejamil said:

This is true, but where else is MEM going to get a better return? It would be very stupid for CHA to give away Monk, though I would also not put it beyond them. The only way CHA will send MEM a pick/young player is if MEM accepts a bad contract, and that's either Batum or Biz. Batum is starting, Biz barely sees daylight. The rest is just salary matching (Gasol is owed 25mn, Biz is 17mn).

Biz definitely seems like the guy to go....Rabb SHOULD see all the minutes he can handle if biz is the only big in the deal.  Willy might be competition as another relatively young big that they want to test drive ros.

1 minute ago, chud12 said:

NBA sources told SN on Tuesday that a potential deal sending the Grizzlies' Marc Gasol to the Hornets is, "probably not" happening. Skepticism on both sides, and no framework in place, despite signs that something was afoot.

But...Marc's locker number...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, PeteM said:

Biz definitely seems like the guy to go....Rabb SHOULD see all the minutes he can handle if biz is the only big in the deal.  Willy might be competition as another relatively young big that they want to test drive ros.

If CHA sends Willy/Cody, they could flip for another pick. JUST GET ALL THE PICKS YOU CAN GET.

Just remembered that a Conley deal with Jazz could involve Favors and also kills Rabb

So usually I go on Yahoo Feedback and request eligibility for positions,

but it seems I have used all my votes up for the year (lol) so I can't create this:  Rabb deserves Center eligibility on Yahoo but he does not currently have it...

so can someone create that and get that going...he's a PF/C for sure but only litsed as a PF, started at C for Gasol...gracias!

8 hours ago, ellejamil said:

But...Marc's locker number...

Maybe he is just switching to the same number as his favorite player...LBJ.

Rabb hype is overrated because they will get some frontcourt guys back if they trade gasol or conley

i think rabb only would have value if he was the last man standing with clear path to 30+ minutes and that might not happen even with gasol beeing traded...

26 minutes ago, Fantasyhero said:

Rabb hype is overrated because they will get some frontcourt guys back if they trade gasol or conley

i think rabb only would have value if he was the last man standing with clear path to 30+ minutes and that might not happen even with gasol beeing traded...

Silly Rabb-it...tricks r 4 kids...

• Haha 1