Purple Hippo

Ivan Rabb 2019 Season Outlook

Am I crazy to think he can still get close to 30 minutes?   With both Green and Gasol gone a lot of minutes opened up.   JJJ and JV will get their minutes but if Rabb can play both PF and C he could get a lot of minutes, especially when JJJ is in foul trouble.   The problem might be he and JV don't shoot 3's so they may not want to play Rabb next to JV for spacing issues.

17 minutes ago, nyfresh1 said:

Am I crazy to think he can still get close to 30 minutes?   With both Green and Gasol gone a lot of minutes opened up.   JJJ and JV will get their minutes but if Rabb can play both PF and C he could get a lot of minutes, especially when JJJ is in foul trouble.   The problem might be he and JV don't shoot 3's so they may not want to play Rabb next to JV for spacing issues.

I gotta think they are gonna give the young guys all the run they can handle. Ivan actually is a decent player. He took it to KAT last game and today will be a very telling one having to keep Adams and Westbrook off the glass.  

If this guy is last man on your bench and you have daily transactions, congrats on the likely big night tonight. Also, why not just hold unless there is an obviously superior immediate add? Let's see what he can do, leave him on bench. If there's an obviously better player he should be on your squad already, if not just let this breathe until there is a compelling add. This is the point in the season where the wire outside of leagues with <150 rostered players gets pretty lean.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, rando said:

If this guy is last man on your bench and you have daily transactions, congrats on the likely big night tonight. Also, why not just hold unless there is an obviously superior immediate add? Let's see what he can do, leave him on bench. If there's an obviously better player he should be on your squad already, if not just let this breathe until there is a compelling add. This is the point in the season where the wire outside of leagues with <150 rostered players gets pretty lean.

Yeah I agree. I dropped TJ for him because I can’t hold dead weight in this super competitive 12-team league.

3 minutes ago, rando said:

its also the time of year where you need to take gambles....like, will Zubac have more value? will Jabari get run?

these are the questions im pondering

Just now, Boomdizzle88 said:

Yeah I agree. I dropped TJ for him because I can’t hold dead weight in this super competitive 12-team league.

who is TJ?

Just now, urban2014 said:

Guess TJ is Tyler Jonhson 

I’m assuming TJ Warren, based on him referring to him as dead weight. 

Tyler Jonhson is a hockey player for Tampa bay as well lol

1 hour ago, rando said:

Couldn't agree more, and he is indeed the last guy on my bench because I just picked him up before typing out this post.  With Gasol being traded, you would think Rabb would get as many minutes as he can handle tonight due to, if nothing else, them not playing with a full roster.

I'll happily take what should be another quality double double from him tonight and then hope for the best the rest of the way.

15 minutes ago, KilloWertz said:

Couldn't agree more, and he is indeed the last guy on my bench because I just picked him up before typing out this post.  With Gasol being traded, you would think Rabb would get as many minutes as he can handle tonight due to, if nothing else, them not playing with a full roster.

I'll happily take what should be another quality double double from him tonight and then hope for the best the rest of the way.

Agreed...only way I'm dropping him from the end of my bench is for a more guaranteed ROS beneficiary....like Zu for example...which i did...

Just now, mmcc1029 said:

? Hurt?

No.

headed for another easy double-double + stocks

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dirty Little Birdie said:

man he could have been in the ww pick up of the year convo if they didnt sign JVAL. fml 

How do we know what JV is gonna do? He a big ogre coming off a long injury..he could easily get injured again or even just not play a lot. If rabb is actually a beast he should get run

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, richg24 said:

How do we know what JV is gonna do? He a big ogre coming off a long injury..he could easily get injured again or even just not play a lot. If rabb is actually a beast he should get run

i'm assuming they give heavy minutes to JVAL since they just gave up Gasol for him. i hope you're right. 

Edited by Dirty Little Birdie

13 minutes ago, doomz said:

No.

headed for another easy double-double + stocks

well might have jinxed it lol.grizzlies getting shelled out there. 

his game is very fantasy friendly anyway. he might be productive even in limited minutes.

Jv was barely getting PT in Toronto.  Imma hold to see how it shakes up.  JB was talking up Ivan like he will get lots of burn.  Its a lost season for grizz, i dont see jv playing more than 20 min a night.

2 hours ago, richg24 said:

Val is the prime piece they got for Gasol. He has a  17 mill option next season and I am sure the Grizz want to see how he fits 2 decide if they pick up his option. Crazier things have happened but I seriously doubt they don;t see what they have in Jonas ros. It just wouldn't make any sense as they would have brought back a back up big or something instead. 

Jonas is young as well. He's just 26 yrs old but seems much older than that due to international play & playoff appearances. He complements JJJ well and has been developing a 3-pt shot. He will get burn.

If you don't want to gamble though, hold Rabb as well and wait how the minutes are distributed but I'm betting that Jonas gets the bulk of it.

30 minutes ago, chud12 said:

Val is the prime piece they got for Gasol. He has a  17 mill option next season and I am sure the Grizz want to see how he fits 2 decide if they pick up his option. Crazier things have happened but I seriously doubt they don;t see what they have in Jonas ros. It just wouldn't make any sense as they would have brought back a back up big or something instead. 

As a raptors fan who lives in toronto and has watched JV a lot...dude just sucks man. He never got to play at any crucial parts of games during playoffs. This rabb kid already looks more well rounded and better than jv. I don't think you are necessarily wrong and im sure they will play him. But i honestly think he is gonna aggravate his injury or be limited and rabb will still do well. Holding for at least 2-3 games to see anyway