Purple Hippo

Ivan Rabb 2019 Season Outlook

6 minutes ago, richg24 said:

As a raptors fan who lives in toronto and has watched JV a lot...dude just sucks man. He never got to play at any crucial parts of games during playoffs. This rabb kid already looks more well rounded and better than jv. I don't think you are necessarily wrong and im sure they will play him. But i honestly think he is gonna aggravate his injury or be limited and rabb will still do well. Holding for at least 2-3 games to see anyway 

Nothing wrong with anything you said here, luckily for the Val owners your not the coach lol. But yea, if you just look at the deal with any common sense without being a Rabb owner Val is prob. looking at 28-30 min a night going forward. If that happens there is still plenty of value Rabb can get. 

Looks like bringing in JV won't hurt Rabb much like some might have thought.  He's going to continue to be the starting Center going forward.

He's not going to set the world on fire or win a league for most, but he still should be a nightly double-double threat with decent stocks.  That can be a nice help at the end of your lineup.

They sent Gasol and Green away and brought back JV. I don't see how his minutes could go anywhere other than up. 

Would have been nice if they actually reported the fine print "starter in name only".  Between Noah and JV, I guess there's really no minutes left for Rabb for whatever reason even though he's the starter.

• Like 1

Just now, KilloWertz said:

Would have been nice if they actually reported the fine print "starter in name only".  Between Noah and JV, I guess there's really no minutes left for Rabb for whatever reason even though he's the starter.

Rabb won't even have that soon. 

• Like 1

Why in the world is joakim noah in the rotation at all?  Oh yeah, it’s the grizzlies.

Yo so I dropped Rabb to pick up Marcus Morris... is that an okay drop? Rabb did play like fecal matter last night... and Morris has been consistent.

18 minutes ago, LW_00 said:

Yo so I dropped Rabb to pick up Marcus Morris... is that an okay drop? Rabb did play like fecal matter last night... and Morris has been consistent.

what?Marcus Morris in wavier?

full?d=1515806044

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, kane said:

what?Marcus Morris in wavier?

full?d=1515806044

That's what I thought... but doesnt really answer my question 

26 minutes ago, LW_00 said:

That's what I thought... but doesnt really answer my question 

Marcus Morris>Rabb by a mile

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kane said:

Thanks. I appreciate the feedback.

17 hours ago, chud12 said:

Rabb won't even have that soon. 

Think we gonna see a JV breakout next season..maybe Needs to stay healthy though. He does have skills, just cumbersome. Can fill it up, just suspect on D. Got that Whiteside syndrome. Kanter too. Everybody can't be Capella or Adams.

8 hours ago, kane said:

I mean IT and Harris are due back any time 

55 minutes ago, bsu27 said:

I mean IT and Harris are due back any time 

Nobody is talking about Monte Morris itt 

On 2/7/2019 at 12:40 PM, dfstout said:

I'm sad to say....yes, drop city...Gile, I did not want to disappoint you, but JV ruined it...we almost had it..nab Zubac if you can!

I got him again. Time for round two!

6 hours ago, DezedandConfused said:

JV possibly returning tonight :(

But with JJJ being out now, they could just slide Rabb to PF.  With him out, there's not any more competition for minutes than there was last night.

We'll see what they do tonight of course, but that makes the most sense.