RCRanger03

Delon Wright 2018-2019 Season Outlook

Tomorrow is the start of our journey of hope. I hope Mike Conley and the words 'load management' will be in the same sentence sooner than later. Also, if Avery Bradley or Justin Holiday become the starting SG, my brain is gonna melt. This guy is better than both of them imo

1 hour ago, squid-jesus said:

Tomorrow is the start of our journey of hope. I hope Mike Conley and the words 'load management' will be in the same sentence sooner than later. Also, if Avery Bradley or Justin Holiday become the starting SG, my brain is gonna melt. This guy is better than both of them imo

You’ve never watched raptors games if you think Delon is much better than Avery Bradley / Justin holiday .. they’re all basically the same level tbh he’s a guard who can’t shoot, at least holiday can hit treys... but if he can be backup PG/SG get 25-30 minutes a game he has a fantasy friendly game to own 

Ok, so for all of us owners - say he puts up a dud in his first two-three games. Anyone still going to hold? Or are we just giving him 1 game to see how it goes?

5 hours ago, Dirty Little Birdie said:

Ok, so for all of us owners - say he puts up a dud in his first two-three games. Anyone still going to hold? Or are we just giving him 1 game to see how it goes?

I grabbed him, he plays tonight. He's got 2 games next week also, I figured if he doesn't show anything in those 3 games I'll cut bait. I'm looking for him to be logging 25-ish mins a game, personally. If I don't see that I'm out. 

23 minutes ago, cochise316 said:

I grabbed him, he plays tonight. He's got 2 games next week also, I figured if he doesn't show anything in those 3 games I'll cut bait. I'm looking for him to be logging 25-ish mins a game, personally. If I don't see that I'm out. 

im with you

38 minutes ago, cochise316 said:

pretty much 

Lol came back to say I told you so 

tough to be a guard in the nba and not able to score 

if he doesn’t get the defensive stats he’ll be unrosterable  

I mean, no one can be thrilled by this. But he is the kid splitting time with the grizzled vet. Bradley played even worse. So in a week or two, who knows?

Memphis is going nowhere, and needs to develop Delon. So patience is warranted, if you can afford it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hornrimmed_rambis said:

So patience is warranted, if you can afford it.

This is definitely a game theory type situation: I agree Delon could be a decent 12 teamer in a couple weeks, but there's a very subtle balance here.  To me, it's not about just "can you afford to hold him?" but also "can you come back to him later, because no one else will bite if you drop him?"  To me, Delon is one of those guys you drop now and if/when he gets hot, you can scoop him back up.

Argument in my favor: I started the season with two shares of Isaac, dropped both when he was sucking, now have him on five teams (none of which are the teams I initially had him in).

Argument against: I must've owned Mikal in like five different leagues this year.  Dropped at some point in all, thinking I could get him back if I needed to.  I own zero Mikals now.

So it's a risk.  But with Delon, I'd drop now and come back later, if you have someone else intriguing on the wire.

• Like 2

Interesting that you pointed to game theory. I'm a big fan of it. 

Note I play in one league, so the stakes are high for me. I put all I have into this one league, and can't drop hot guys. Guys like Isaac and Siakam haunt me, because I gave up on them too early.

On the flip side, my patience paid off with Mikal, and Sato, and maybe Mitchell Robinson. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Tom Chambers said:

This is definitely a game theory type situation: I agree Delon could be a decent 12 teamer in a couple weeks, but there's a very subtle balance here.  To me, it's not about just "can you afford to hold him?" but also "can you come back to him later, because no one else will bite if you drop him?"  To me, Delon is one of those guys you drop now and if/when he gets hot, you can scoop him back up.

So it's a risk.  But with Delon, I'd drop now and come back later, if you have someone else intriguing on the wire.

Most managers in my league play the hot hand and pick up a guy right after he has his best game in a while. I'd say it works for them 25% of the time. There's only one other person besides myself, maybe two who have had some fortunate foresight to capitalize on an add before a player really picked up steam. I picked up Derrick White in mid-December, waited a couple games where he did nothing, and then he had a game with 6 steals. If I wait for him on the wire he's gone within an hour of that game and I wouldn't sniff that chance. I'm not saying Delon is on D White's level but my league goes 210+ players deep, and I have a comfortable first place lead so I can afford to wait til all-star break or beyond to see if he can improve his production with 24 minutes+. I have a good feeling the manager in 2nd, who's also the defending champ, would grab him up in an instant. He did that with Maxi Kleber the day before the Mavs traded for Porzingis.

Delon's playing time in his first game is already a good sign and I was not expecting a good game in his first one with a new team, so I'll give it 2-3 more tries before I cut bait. His per-36 numbers give me hope, and being that he is the 17th most important player on my team out of 17 with White and Mirotic on IL, I am not in a hurry for immediate return.

Mem starts the season as a guard redundant team to now guard depleted. They now have Conley, Wright, J Carter, Holiday as Gs. Conley is a shutdown candidate, Holiday doesn't seem to be in their plan. I think Wright should get some serious run down the stretch.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, littlesamtung said:

Mem starts the season as a guard redundant team to now guard depleted. They now have Conley, Wright, J Carter, Holiday as Gs. Conley is a shutdown candidate, Holiday doesn't seem to be in their plan. I think Wright should get some serious run down the stretch.

Playoffs starts week 22 for many, it’s week 18 coming up.

Down the stretch means fishing time.

52 minutes ago, HotSauce24 said:

Had a decent game despite poor shooting.

Is he a hold?

I liked the 2 stocks and the rebs/asts numbers, and I'm holding through tomorrow since they have a B2B. Main reason I have him rn is Derrick White on IL but if the bad shooting adds up, I may drop at some random point over ASB and hope he clears waivers so I can pick him back up if I need his contributions.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, mchspd3 said:

Pick up since Bradley is out?

He has 3 games in the next 4 days, good streaming option 

Mediocre performance today against Rockets, in my opinion, however he did get a lot of minutes, still worth an add perhaps...?

Soon or later we will post some great lines if he keeps playing 40 minutes a night. Plus Conley is likely to miss a game during b2b so it's going to help too.

• Thanks 1