Ry34No

Ozzie Albies 2019 Outlook

3 minutes ago, hangin n wangin said:

Per usual in the rotoworld forums, the demise was greatly over exaggerated.

For me it was always about the R/L splits. He's hit Righties better recently so maybe hes made an adjustment but that concern was/Is legit.

1 hour ago, RoadApple said:

For me it was always about the R/L splits. He's hit Righties better recently so maybe hes made an adjustment but that concern was/Is legit.

I get that. But his overall fantasy numbers still weren’t THAT bad. People were treating him like an Odor that wreaks. He was realistically a hot streak away from being fine, which now he is. Things usually tend to even out. 

• Like 1

33 game stretch from 4/30 to 6/5 where he was ice cold, as indicated by his game-to-game WRC figures.  His OPS was barely over .700 before this hot streak commenced if I recall correctly.  And, as has been pointed out in this thread, he really fell apart last season, to the point where he finished with a .305 OBP.  

But he’s been in my starting lineup throughout this hot streak, and I hope he can find some type of middle ground instead of having another stretch where he’s useless, because that type of thing is maddening.

3 minutes ago, Tommy Lee Jones said:

33 game stretch from 4/30 to 6/5 where he was ice cold, as indicated by his game-to-game WRC figures.  His OPS was barely over .700 before this hot streak commenced if I recall correctly.  And, as has been pointed out in this thread, he really fell apart last season, to the point where he finished with a .305 OBP.  

But he’s been in my starting lineup throughout this hot streak, and I hope he can find some type of middle ground instead of having another stretch where he’s useless, because that type of thing is maddening.

In H2H I can imagine....this is why I prefer roto. Keep it going Oz!!

1 hour ago, hangin n wangin said:

I get that. But his overall fantasy numbers still weren’t THAT bad. People were treating him like an Odor that wreaks. He was realistically a hot streak away from being fine, which now he is. Things usually tend to even out. 

For me it was more so the move to the 8 hole.  In the NL that can be death to stastistics hitting in front of pitcher.  Braves have been so on fire it hasn’t mattered.  But when they cool off some it will be tough sledding to get many stats going.  Hopefully he moves up in the lineup, but everyone seems to be clicking there so not sure where he’d end up.  

1 hour ago, hangin n wangin said:

Plus hes only 22. He can still learn to hit better LH.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, hangin n wangin said:

I would look into it.

I’m not sure how “high” his relative value is currently. I mean yeah, he’s young and had a great season last year, but most of it was 1’st half... add in his slow start, and his “perceived” value may be lower than you might think for someone who doesn’t own him. 

I feel he could go bonkers if hitting in the right spot in the order, but that may never be the case. His speed disappears in the 7/8 hole, but he’s still a baby. It’s a tough call, but if someone is geeked about him and offering what you need, I’d probably entertain in non-Keeper/Dynasty leagues. 

7 minutes ago, LarryChip10 said:

I’m not sure how “high” his relative value is currently. I mean yeah, he’s young and had a great season last year, but most of it was 1’st half... add in his slow start, and his “perceived” value may be lower than you might think for someone who doesn’t own him. 

I feel he could go bonkers if hitting in the right spot in the order, but that may never be the case. His speed disappears in the 7/8 hole, but he’s still a baby. It’s a tough call, but if someone is geeked about him and offering what you need, I’d probably entertain in non-Keeper/Dynasty leagues. 

It’s tricky. People wanted nothing to do with him a few weeks ago. He would be a tough sell IMO because I feel it’s hard to people to gauge his value. And you don’t want to do it for too little. But I would definitely entertain offers if someone was interested. Personally, I’m holding.

27 minutes ago, hangin n wangin said:

It’s tricky. People wanted nothing to do with him a few weeks ago. He would be a tough sell IMO because I feel it’s hard to people to gauge his value. And you don’t want to do it for too little. But I would definitely entertain offers if someone was interested. Personally, I’m holding.

Agreed, own him but it’s keeper and my Braves and all...

For others, I’d think you’d be hard pressed to get fair value currently, and I’d never sell low... he’s too talented! 

Ride it out hoping hit streak carries into ASB, then parlay his starting AS status! Timing is everything, but sellers beware! 

I am buying but was expecting more speed. Any thoughts on this? I mean if the Oz man 10/10 ROS I may get out of the market

On 7/6/2019 at 7:52 AM, henchforlife said:

I am buying but was expecting more speed. Any thoughts on this? I mean if the Oz man 10/10 ROS I may get out of the market

He hasn't really run that much since being called up.  Well, he actually teased in his short stint two years ago, but ever since 2017 he's hardly run even though he did in the minors and has more than enough speed.  Not really sure why, and you can't say it's because of where he bats, because he hardly ran for a guy with his ability for now the last two seasons.

1 hour ago, KilloWertz said:

He hasn't really run that much since being called up.  Well, he actually teased in his short stint two years ago, but ever since 2017 he's hardly run even though he did in the minors and has more than enough speed.  Not really sure why, and you can't say it's because of where he bats, because he hardly ran for a guy with his ability for now the last two seasons.

Snit is like Bobby, only runs when the situation calls for it by and large. 

ATL team SB RANK last 10 years... (20'th, 11'th, 18'th, 16'th, 21'st, 16'th, 25'th, 18'th, 27'th, 27'th).

Sucks because ATL has had numerous SB threats over the years, but players don't get the green light it seems. 

Albies is all the way back up to #2 in the order... I wonder if that has any impact on Acuna and how he has been playing, and vice versa.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nlm said:

Albies is all the way back up to #2 in the order... I wonder if that has any impact on Acuna and how he has been playing, and vice versa.

Think it has more to do with Swanson going on the IL. 

59 minutes ago, Gryfter said:

Think it has more to do with Swanson going on the IL. 

Agreed, but Swanson shouldn't be the #2 guy IMHO... he's better at driving in runs, and w/ Acuna on a SB tear, Ozzie would be better served trying to put balls in play rather than swinging for RBI and HR production. He hit all those dingers last year on smooth swings and controlling the count in his favor. I also feel he will steal more bases in the 2 hole once (rarely) Freeman makes an out while he's on first. 

Acuna, Ozzie, Freeman is about as good as anyone in MLB (#1-3) 

• Like 2

Will Ozzie reach 20 SB this year?

I am liking his approach and think he will get better for a few years until he is a top 20 pick to be honest

Posted (edited)
On 8/1/2019 at 9:35 PM, Under500Forever said:

Is Acuna faster then Albies? 

Acuna always seems to have the green light but Albies doesn’t steal much. 

Possibly. But the more likely reason is Albies hits further down in the lineup. Assuming their OBP are similar Acuna is naturally going have more opportunities to steal than Albies. More plate appearances = more times on 1B = more steals.  On top of that, 98 of Albies plate appearances were from the 8 hole. Despite (as of today) a .449 OBP from the 8 hole he has 0 attempted SB batting in this spot. This shouldn't come as much surprise as the pitcher is generally going to be bunting when Albies is on first. I think Albies will eventually settle into the 1 or 2 hole and they'll be a few more steals as he gets more opportunities to run

Edited by fletch44

Great progression from last year to this year for Ozzie.  Walks are slightly up and strikeouts slightly down, but the biggest difference is that he has moved 8 percentage points from Medium Contact to Hard Contact.  22 years old and he is going to put together another 20+ / 10+ season.  25/15 looking very reasonable, and he is closing in on .300/.350/.500.  Keep up the work little guy,

Posted (edited)

I remember when everyone was freaking out about him. Waaa waaa waaa, He can’t hit righties blah blah. People bickering at each other about it on here. That was annoying.

Edited by hangin n wangin