• Announcements

• tonycpsu

Comments on New Forum Design (UPDATED with workarounds)   02/12/2019

We are aware that the current layout of the Rotoworld forums is not going over well, and we feel your pain.  Please direct any comments about the new look of the forums to help@rotoworld.com, or to this thread. For those who are able to install user styles, (e.g. with the Stylish addon for Firefox or Chrome), you may wish to try a couple of user-created alternative styles. RW Forums Tweaks by tonycpsu Rotoworld Forums Dark Mode by sngehl01  
Sign in to follow this  
Kobe824

Trade for Anthony Davis?

So I have a trade offer for Anthony Davis, I'm currently in 1st place and am 10.5 games up on 2nd place and 17.5 on 3rd , having an undefeated week so I'm in the driver seat at the moment on cruise control. Now I got an interesting offer:

Give:

Marc Gasol

Zach Lavine

Al Horford

Rajon Rondo

Get:

Anthony Davis

Jerami Grant 

Reggie Jackson

Brandon Ingram

Now Davis is kinda risky to acquire obviously but would this guarantee me a championship if healthy? I also had concerns on Marc and his usage rate in TOR, Lavine's ankle issues and Horford getting rested periodically. also Grant and Jackson aren't that bad tbh plus I have Dinwiddle on the IR/a lot of solid pieces that are injured on the WW (Warren/Kyle Anderson/Elfrid Payton/Tucker/White)is this an easy yes or should I stay put since I've been beasting the entire season. 

Yahoo league, 9 categories, 1 IR [PTS/FG%/FT%/REB/STLS/ASTS/TO/3PM/BLKS], 12 Team league

Damian Lillard/Eric Bledsoe/Zach Lavine/Rajon Rondo 

Paul George/Marvin Williams/Luka Donic

Al Horford/Danilo Gallinari/Al-Farouq Aminu/Rudy Gay

Marc Gasol/Willie Stein (WCS)

IR: Dinwiddle (just taking up a spot tbh)

Edited by Kobe824

Yeah man, get AD. Even with minutes restrictions and resting b2b, AD at 80% is probably still the best or second best player in fantasy. Also i agree with your reasoning about Gasol and Horford. 

• Thanks 1

With the recent news of AD, I would probably take it. The offer is much better than your original post where you lost a ton of depth. I believe Marc Gasol will be fine in Toronto, going from a team dead last in pace to a faster paced team. However he is goes from being option 1-2 to being option 3-4. Horford is always an injury/rest risk, and although he has been playing better as of the new year, he's no AD.

AD has 4 Back-2-Back games left this year, meaning you probably won't have Davis for 4 games. However none of those occur in the final week of the season, meaning if you made finals you should have no worries. In regards to his minutes, he was averaging 37 minutes per game and the Pelicans intend to reduce that. I would put money on him still seeing roughly 30-32 minutes a game which is plenty for him.

In regards to the extra players. I'm not a R. Jackson fan, but he's been better recently. B. Ingram and J. Grant are actually nice pieces. So I think you come away on top with this one.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, tifaes said:

Yeah man, get AD. Even with minutes restrictions and resting b2b, AD at 80% is probably still the best or second best player in fantasy. Also i agree with your reasoning about Gasol and Horford. 

yeah i think I had to pull the trigger on the trade (I did)...i'm kinda iffy on Marc in TOR, will they put him on the 2nd unit, play him 28 mins per game like JV, LaVine's ankle worried me also...thank you for the answer (and assurance haha)

8 hours ago, TheVladeFather said:

With the recent news of AD, I would probably take it. The offer is much better than your original post where you lost a ton of depth. I believe Marc Gasol will be fine in Toronto, going from a team dead last in pace to a faster paced team. However he is goes from being option 1-2 to being option 3-4. Horford is always an injury/rest risk, and although he has been playing better as of the new year, he's no AD.

AD has 4 Back-2-Back games left this year, meaning you probably won't have Davis for 4 games. However none of those occur in the final week of the season, meaning if you made finals you should have no worries. In regards to his minutes, he was averaging 37 minutes per game and the Pelicans intend to reduce that. I would put money on him still seeing roughly 30-32 minutes a game which is plenty for him.

In regards to the extra players. I'm not a R. Jackson fan, but he's been better recently. B. Ingram and J. Grant are actually nice pieces. So I think you come away on top with this one.

my reasoning is that AD at 80% is much better than Marc at 110%, getting Grant and Jackson in the meantime was a big get, he described them as filler but Grant has been doing pretty damn good the past month, as is Jackson who would be a low end PG...I'm planning on waiting on some injuries to some great WW potential adds on Anderson/Warren when they get healthy and run with them to the end.