Sidearmer

Travis Shaw 2019 Outlook

3 minutes ago, South Jersey Bombers said:

i mean he played 11 games in may, and 5 in june so far............

just seemed odd to classify what amounts to one month of his career (29 games in march/april) as "used to be dreadful in that aspect." carry on.

2 minutes ago, knuckleheads said:

When Shaw was sent down he was batting .163.   Today, he's batting .167...

So he's doing better!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kwelch said:

So he's doing better!

Yep.  If he is somehow available in your league...

• Haha 4

48 minutes ago, knuckleheads said:

When Shaw was sent down he was batting .163.   Today, he's batting .167...

But it's an aggressive .167

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Hiura hit 2 HRs tonight for San Antonio... That’s 20 on the season between majors and minors.  The lunacy will end soon. Shaw’s stock is way down.

Edited by Turkey Burgers
  • Like 3

Brewers need to get their collective heads out of their asses on this one.

5 hours ago, billofwa said:

But it's an aggressive .167

Is that the new word from management about him?  I bet he goes up there hoping for a walk right now...

2 hours ago, knuckleheads said:

Is that the new word from management about him?  I bet he goes up there hoping for a walk right now...

lol. he is taking good cuts.

On 6/13/2019 at 11:29 PM, Turkey Burgers said:

Hiura hit 2 HRs tonight for San Antonio... That’s 20 on the season between majors and minors.  The lunacy will end soon. Shaw’s stock is way down.

It's unfathomable to me that a contending team is letting Shaw block Hiura.  Apologies to Shaw owners, but I think at this point, Shaw is the 2nd worst hitter in baseball, ahead of only Crush Davis

Yeah, it’s kind of sad when fantasy managers refuse to see the logic and financial realities that real life MLB execs are dealing with.  But in Shaw’s case, it’s so hard to watch. Everyone knows where this is going.  Shaw is striking out so much and being benched a couple of times a week. He’s totally lost.  

Hiura is the future. I will be amazed if he isn’t up for good by the All-Star Break.  

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Turkey Burgers said:

Yeah, it’s kind of sad when fantasy managers refuse to see the logic and financial realities that real life MLB execs are dealing with.  But in Shaw’s case, it’s so hard to watch. Everyone knows where this is going.  Shaw is striking out so much and being benched a couple of times a week. He’s totally lost.  

Hiura is the future. I will be amazed if he isn’t up for good by the All-Star Break.  

I think Hirura will be up for good sooner than  that.  Maybe even this coming week.  It is all about Hiura's service time and Super2 which decides which year arbitration kicks in which is based on future stuff and calculations for same that would make Einstein weep.  But most people think he is "safe" to bring up round about now.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Turkey Burgers said:

Yeah, it’s kind of sad when fantasy managers refuse to see the logic and financial realities that real life MLB execs are dealing with.   

Brewers are 4-10 since sending down Hiura. 

• Like 2

The MLB has to do something about this service manipulation thing.  It's gotten so bad these past few years I legitimately think it's turning fans away from the game as they watch management pinch pennies and not put the best product out on the field.  I don't know what the solution is, but what they're doing now is not it.  There's no reason for a guy like Hiura to still be in the minors.  People talked about his K-rate while he was up, but how has Shaw been any better?  He gives you a worse ratio and on top of that doesn't do anything when he does make contact.  It's really inexcusable.

1 hour ago, cizastro said:

The MLB has to do something about this service manipulation thing.  It's gotten so bad these past few years I legitimately think it's turning fans away from the game as they watch management pinch pennies and not put the best product out on the field.  I don't know what the solution is, but what they're doing now is not it.  There's no reason for a guy like Hiura to still be in the minors.  People talked about his K-rate while he was up, but how has Shaw been any better?  He gives you a worse ratio and on top of that doesn't do anything when he does make contact.  It's really inexcusable.

Not pinching pennies.  Pinching, in the end, tens of millions.  So yeah I agree things need to change but right now I don't blame the teams one iota for trying to wait it out.  It might backfire in this case but 9 times out of 10 it will save them tons which allows them to get under the luxury cap enough to make a few of trades and sign a few FAs. 

And yes those free agent signings could even include someone like Hirua down the line when someone in line behind him gets held back on arbitration etc etc.   Not ALL of this service time savings is going into the pockets of greedy owners in other words.  It goes back into deals they can make now because they are under the damn luxury tax for the year they pushed a major young star's arbitration back one and the collective effect over several players allows them to make other signings in that year.

The whole system is insane but weirdly being held back a year for Player A puts more money into the system for some other players like a one year contract for a reliever or utility guy who would like to play ball and pay their bills too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Donniebaseball23 said:

Shocking how bad he got so fast

wouldnt be shocked if it comes out he has Lyme disease or something like that

spacer.png

4 hours ago, cizastro said:

I'm sure it will be collectively bargained out next go around.  I don't think that's until 2021 though.

1 minute ago, 89Topps said:

I'm sure it will be collectively bargained out next go around.  I don't think that's until 2021 though.

It won’t. Because the guys bargaining are the ones already in the league. They don’t want to lose their jobs sooner. It’s why it’s not a priority ever. No one looking out for the minor league players.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Backdoor Slider said:

spacer.png

I'm sure he was being facetious but general feelings of weakness and malaise is a major sign of Lyme disease, and a lot of other things which is part of why it's often missed. Now, I wouldn't bet on this being Shaw's issue but stranger things have happened. 

Interesting. Shaw was one of my favourite draft guys but he was awful in the first half of the season. I blame the hand injury and I think he is fully healthy now. Absolutely mashed the ball in AAA where had a 1.248 OPS since his demotion. Where and how much he'll play will determine his value. 

16 minutes ago, NoHablaIngles said:

Interesting. Shaw was one of my favourite draft guys but he was awful in the first half of the season. I blame the hand injury and I think he is fully healthy now. Absolutely mashed the ball in AAA where had a 1.248 OPS since his demotion. Where and how much he'll play will determine his value. 

Wow he has really been doing that good since his demotion? How's the brewers first base status could he play there?