Flyman75

To keep Lindor, or not to keep Lindor

Recommended Posts

12-team, traditional 5x5 roto. 

 

I have Francisco Lindor as a 1st round keeper (12th overall pick), and I'm seriously considering throwing him back into the draft after this injury. A calf injury that will need at least two months to heal has me nervous. I believe we're looking at 7 keepers in the first 11 picks of the first round. Available in the draft (because their keeper status ran out) JoRam, Goldy, Bregman, Turner, Stanton. Either Machado or Arenado will be available because they are owned by the same guy (can only keep one 1st rounder). Others like Rizzo, Freeman, Blackmon, Springer, Marte will all be there, too. 

 

With those guys available, would you still keep Lindor despite the risk...or would you throw him back, draft a healthy stud, and let someone else take on the potential nagging calf injury? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Flyman75 said:

12-team, traditional 5x5 roto. 

 

I have Francisco Lindor as a 1st round keeper (12th overall pick), and I'm seriously considering throwing him back into the draft after this injury. A calf injury that will need at least two months to heal has me nervous. I believe we're looking at 7 keepers in the first 11 picks of the first round. Available in the draft (because their keeper status ran out) JoRam, Goldy, Bregman, Turner, Stanton. Either Machado or Arenado will be available because they are owned by the same guy (can only keep one 1st rounder). Others like Rizzo, Freeman, Blackmon, Springer, Marte will all be there, too. 

 

With those guys available, would you still keep Lindor despite the risk...or would you throw him back, draft a healthy stud, and let someone else take on the potential nagging calf injury? 

I'd bite the bullet here and hold onto Lindor, you should be able to find a capable SS to replace him for the first month of the season.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What pick do you have? Do you have good odds to land say a Bregman, Turner, or Arenado?

 

Each of them will help you considerably the 1st month with counting stats vs. an injured Lindor. I would only consider it if I could land one of those 3. 

 

Help please:

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What I would be concerned about is the stolen bases. I can't imagine they will allow him to run and take a chance of reinjuring the calf.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, 24/7fantasysports said:

What pick do you have? Do you have good odds to land say a Bregman, Turner, or Arenado?

 

Each of them will help you considerably the 1st month with counting stats vs. an injured Lindor. I would only consider it if I could land one of those 3. 

 

I have the 12th overall pick, but I'm estimating there will be 7-8 first round picks kept, meaning I'd have the 4th-5th pick in the draft. I doubt Turner or Arenado/Machado would fall to me, but I might have a shot at Bregman. My guess is that Arenado/Machado, Betts, JDM, Trout, Scherzer, Harper, and Altuve will be kept. The guy with Kris Bryant might decide to keep him in the 1st, but I doubt it. 

 

With that being the case, I'm figuring the first three picks ahead of mine will be: JoRam, Arenado/Machado, Turner. The fourth pick ahead of mine would then likely be one of Bregman/Goldy/Stanton. Then I would have to grab the leftovers. 

 

Of course, I could also just draft Lindor again, starting his keeper elibility over. I doubt he'd be picked. And if he was, that just drops Bregman and Goldy to me to choose between. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, motown magic said:

What I would be concerned about is the stolen bases. I can't imagine they will allow him to run and take a chance of reinjuring the calf.

 

Same here. But with this being a keeper league, is it worth hanging onto him (or redrafting him) to have as a future keeper. As is, I can keep him this year and next (2019-20). If I throw him back and redraft him, I can have him 2019-21. Surely the SBs will rebound next season and beyond, even if they drop this year...right? :unsure:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Machado for sure any day now he's gonna be on a new team. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/9/2019 at 1:37 PM, Flyman75 said:

 

I have the 12th overall pick, but I'm estimating there will be 7-8 first round picks kept, meaning I'd have the 4th-5th pick in the draft. I doubt Turner or Arenado/Machado would fall to me, but I might have a shot at Bregman. My guess is that Arenado/Machado, Betts, JDM, Trout, Scherzer, Harper, and Altuve will be kept. The guy with Kris Bryant might decide to keep him in the 1st, but I doubt it. 

 

With that being the case, I'm figuring the first three picks ahead of mine will be: JoRam, Arenado/Machado, Turner. The fourth pick ahead of mine would then likely be one of Bregman/Goldy/Stanton. Then I would have to grab the leftovers. 

 

Of course, I could also just draft Lindor again, starting his keeper elibility over. I doubt he'd be picked. And if he was, that just drops Bregman and Goldy to me to choose between. 

Well considering this, I would probably not keep Lindor it sounds like you have a good chance to either get him back or get someone better

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Throw Lindor back. We were already looking at regression in both HRs and SBs from his 2018 season. Now with the calf injury, missing time, who knows if he will run when he returns, lineup stinks, count me out

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/9/2019 at 2:37 PM, Flyman75 said:

 

Of course, I could also just draft Lindor again, starting his keeper elibility over. I doubt he'd be picked. And if he was, that just drops Bregman and Goldy to me to choose between. 

I think this is the best strategy... It gives you flexibility. You could decided to draft Lindor again if nothing is shaking out like you anticipated, and it will buy some time for possible updated injury reports during ST before your draft (assuming its not for awhile).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think best case here is you toss him back and just redraft him.  I’d rather have him over Bergman/goldy/Stanton long term and if someone else grabs lindor the top 5 available you mentioned would all be great replacemtns

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

if it was a keep forever, you hold onto him. But since there are keeper limits and he's spending half of your limited time left with an injury season (out for a few months, then lets face it, another month or two to get back in the swing of things) he's not really worth it.   Let him back and see how the chips fall. You can lose him for 3 years but get another stud player.  You can redraft him and reset the keeper clock.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would drop him & try to snag Bregman, since you stated those others will probably be gone. Others may pass on him, to where you could possibly draft later on & like you said, then you have him for a few more years after this year,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Definitely keep.  The production that he is capable of will be better than most SS.  You can ride a lower value SS for a month, or follow the WW for a hot SS until he returns.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would definitely drop Lindor because it affords you lots of flexibility as others have said before. Especially if it's snake, where you can grab Lindor/Bregman second round

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.