Sign in to follow this  
Bandito

Better keeper? (WHIR)

12 team PPR, deep keeper (prob 110-120 will be kept).  My likely keepers:

Rodgers, Barkley, Kerryon, Guice, ABrown, Woods, Ertz and I was thinking of keeping Josh Allen as a stash.

I have picks 1.09, 2.09, 3.03, 5.03, 5.09, 6.03, 7.03 and 8.03.

I MAYBE could trade a pick or two to get Robby Anderson.  But they'd likely be high picks.

Would you do that?  He'd probably replace Allen as my final keeper, though I could keep both, and give back my highest remaining draft pick.

I think Josh Allen is a nice stash. He was a QB 1 in the final 3 weeks. I’d stay with him over Robbie. 

• Thanks 1

Josh Allen no doubt he's a stud QB on the rise. 

• Thanks 1

On 2/9/2019 at 6:15 PM, Bandito said:

Rodgers, Barkley, Kerryon, Guice, ABrown, Woods, Ertz and I was thinking of keeping Josh Allen as a stash.

I MAYBE could trade a pick or two to get Robby Anderson.  But they'd likely be high picks.

Would you do that?  He'd probably replace Allen as my final keeper, though I could keep both, and give back my highest remaining draft pick.

who is more likely to get suspended before the season begins, anderson or josh allen?

0508-robby-anderson-mug-shot-tmz-sports-

3918298.png

• Haha 2

On 2/9/2019 at 6:15 PM, Bandito said:

What's the rest of your team look like?

12 hours ago, Mr2Saint said:

What's the rest of your team look like?

Full roster:

Rodgers, JAllen, Foles

Barkley, Kerryon, Guice, Ballage, Barber, AP

Brown, Woods, Fitzgerald, Gordon, ZJones, CSamuel

Ertz

Some of these were FA pickups right before our post-season trade deadline (which is now past).  Now the league is in hibernation until August.  We keep eight free and clear.  You can keep more, but you start giving back draft picks, starting with your first.  So to use my early picks, I have to get down to eight.  Does Fitzgerald now warrant being my eighth keeper over Allen?  If I throw Allen back, I'd probably have to try to get him back with one of those first two picks because I'm sure one of the other rebuilders will nab him early.

6 hours ago, Bandito said:

Full roster:

Rodgers, JAllen, Foles

Barkley, Kerryon, Guice, Ballage, Barber, AP

Brown, Woods, Fitzgerald, Gordon, ZJones, CSamuel

Ertz

Some of these were FA pickups right before our post-season trade deadline (which is now past).  Now the league is in hibernation until August.  We keep eight free and clear.  You can keep more, but you start giving back draft picks, starting with your first.  So to use my early picks, I have to get down to eight.  Does Fitzgerald now warrant being my eighth keeper over Allen?  If I throw Allen back, I'd probably have to try to get him back with one of those first two picks because I'm sure one of the other rebuilders will nab him early.

With Rodgers I don't think you keep Allen.

I'd consider Fitz, Ballage, or Samuel.

If none of your young guys emerge in training camp/preseason then Fitz feels like the safe choice. Especially in PPR.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Mr2Saint said:

With Rodgers I don't think you keep Allen.

I'd consider Fitz, Ballage, or Samuel.

If none of your young guys emerge in training camp/preseason then Fitz feels like the safe choice. Especially in PPR.

In a deep keeper where 100+ guys are retained annually, I don't like the idea of keeping Fitz at all. There's a good chance that you're getting only one more year out of him in what projects to be a very weak offense. Allen could feasibly lead all QBs in rushing numbers for most of the next decade. This format allows teams to keep enough players that rostering a reserve QB is fine in my opinion. 

Ballage and Samuel are lottery tickets at best right now. Allen has a unique skillset and has already proven that he can be a fantasy force. He averaged over 24 points per game in the six weeks following Buffalo's bye last season. 

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the responses!  Will re-visit in August. 

Thread closed.