24/7fantasysports

Jarred Kelenic - OF - SEA

I've been reading alot of good things about Jarred Kelenic and his ability to hit and run. He is listed on a lot of prospect lists.

It appears he has an ETA 2022. Does anyone have additional information on this guy? I'm thinking of trying to snag with one of my 1st rd picks in dynasty. 

If you haven't already grabbed Jarred Kelenic in your dynasty league, you're slacking. Kid is the next big thing.

Consider what Keith Law wrote about him in the pre-season (when he had him ranked as the 38th best prospect in baseball):

---

38. Jarred Kelenic, CF, Seattle Mariners
Bats: L | Throws: L
6-foot-1 | 196 pounds
Top level: Rookie | 2018 rank: Ineligible

Kelenic became the highest-drafted player to be traded in his draft year since MLB changed its rules on trading recently drafted guys, and Kelenic went from the sixth overall pick by the Mets to a deal with the Mariners for Edwin Diaz and the bad half of Robinson Cano's contract. Kelenic was the best prep position player in the draft, both in my view and in the industry consensus. He really was limited only by geography: He's from Wisconsin, so his spring season was short (he didn't play for his high school, playing with a local travel team so he could get in more games for scouts), and his competition wasn't great.

He's a tool shed, though, with 70-grade raw power, a 70 arm, plus speed (at least now), above-average range in center and the potential at least for a plus hit tool. He's extremely well put-together, without a ton of projection left, though he still looks like he just started shaving. He destroyed GCL pitching and had a strong finish in the Appalachian League after a slow start there, earning raves from pro scouts at both stops. His future comes down to how much he hits, because his secondary skills are strong enough to make him a superstar if the hit tool plays out on the field.

---

So what's he been doing so far this year?

He's hitting .329/.430/.570 including 4 homers and 4 stolen bases through 20 games. 

He has 19 stolen bases through his first 76 minor league games to go along with that 70-grade raw power, by the way.

Like I said - if you play in a dynasty league, run to pick him up now if he's still available. This time next year there's a good chance he's considered one of the elite prospects in baseball.

• Like 2

ETA still ~2022?

previous few NA/bench spots at my disposal, but this guy has my attention. 

13 hours ago, mjb03003 said:

ETA still ~2022?

previous few NA/bench spots at my disposal, but this guy has my attention. 

late 2020 - opening day 2021.

1 hour ago, axiom20XX said:

late 2020 - opening day 2021.

Yeah he's good enough to dictate his own timeline for the most part.

My only reservation about kelenic is the Mariners farm system. Their last can't miss prospect that didn't miss was well I am sure someone turned out adequate.

• Like 1

On 5/31/2019 at 6:44 PM, hailfire4 said:

My only reservation about kelenic is the Mariners farm system. Their last can't miss prospect that didn't miss was well I am sure someone turned out adequate.

This is kinda how I feel. 

On 5/31/2019 at 7:44 PM, hailfire4 said:

You're confusing correlation with causation.

54 minutes ago, Ulls55 said:

Promoted to AA today

Kelenic is moving up quick!  One of my favorite minor league hitters as I actually watched him in highschool / travel.  I am concerned he may struggle in AA though.  But if he doesn't he's going to jump into the elite teir of prospects.  He's at 24 right now with Bo and McKay graduating and Adell hurt he legit could end up in the #4 - #8 range in the next update.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, FouLLine said:

Kelenic is moving up quick!  One of my favorite minor league hitters as I actually watched him in highschool / travel.  I am concerned he may struggle in AA though.  But if he doesn't he's going to jump into the elite teir of prospects.  He's at 24 right now with Bo and McKay graduating and Adell hurt he legit could end up in the #4 - #8 range in the next update.

As im sure you know Kelenic is a notorious slow starter.  When he starts the regular seasons, comes back from an injury and now after promotions (last year promoted from GCL to Kingsport...this year from WV to Modesto). But after his struggles he catches on and starts killing it.  So deff expecting a brief struggle transitioning to AA...Kelenic will be dominating in no time.

On 5/31/2019 at 4:44 PM, hailfire4 said:

You should be extremely leery of Mariner prospects.  You’re going to have a potential lame duck GM who could start doing what Jack Z did with prospects and start calling them up too early, letting them waffle away with zero major league talent to support them, ruin them mentally/mechanically.  Dipito was on the radio in Seattle last week and said the rebuild was already halfway over.  That to me is a very bad warning sign.  It doesn’t take half a season rebuild a team/organization it takes 3+.  Mariners have pitiful ownership, they won’t ever be patient through a true rebuild.  I’m very nervous that they’re going to ruin a lot of these kids.  Hopefully I’m wrong but we have every right to be leery.

On 8/10/2019 at 1:27 PM, FouLLine said:

What Adell injury are you referring to? I can't find anything to say that he's been injured again. 

Just the latest in Wisco products to dominate up the ladder (kidding mostly)! Hopefully he pulls a Lux! #OnWisco

Today

4 AB / 2 R / 2 HR / 4 RBI

20 years and 1 month old kid crushes minor league.

1461201706_ScreenShot2019-08-23at9_56_42PM.thumb.jpg.8a6b6e286340c2d7692d79ec235eae55.jpg

• Like 1