Sign in to follow this  
CrypTviLL

Andrew Benintendi 2019 Outlook

Looking like one of my more disappointing draft picks this year. So much for taking a step forward. Still early in the season but the underlying stats don’t point to bad luck.  

• Like 1

He'll be fine, he's one of the guys I'm not worried about.

Meh, I hope so. It certainly seems like he is pressing considering his o-swing rate is 10%  above his career rate. Not only is his plate discipline off, his hard hit rate and exit velocity is mediocre at best.  In a year where exit velocities across the league are up, his is less then to be desired.  Hopefully things get brighter as the weather warms.

I think Cora messed with his head putting him in the leadoff spot. Cora seems hell bent on making this work. 

Just traded for him; which is odd because I know he’s not that good. However, I am willing to believe I can get him going some. The turnaround starts now, from this point forward we discuss him here fair and honestly. That’s how you manifest great things in fantasy

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, mevins31 said:

Just traded for him; which is odd because I know he’s not that good. However, I am willing to believe I can get him going some. The turnaround starts now, from this point forward we discuss him here fair and honestly. That’s how you manifest great things in fantasy

If anyone can do it, its you and your vested interest. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Jimmymckrack said:

Not only is his plate discipline off, his hard hit rate and exit velocity is mediocre at best.  In a year where exit velocities across the league are up, his is less then to be desired.  Hopefully things get brighter as the weather warms.

AB openly stated prior to the season he is focusing on raising his BA more this year, even at the expense of power.  This kind of supports that.

Posted (edited)

He just looks so uncomfortable batting in the leadoff spot. I'm still puzzled why Cora felt the need to switch out a WS winning lineup with Betts batting leadoff and Benny at the two spot. I'm wondering with Betts FA lingering if it was mandated by his representation that he be put in a better RBI position. Just wondering at this point cause Benny in the leadoff spot looks to be a failed experiment.

Edited by bigbluecrew56
  • Like 1

I’ll take the sb and couple of rbi. Baby steps....

So I see a lot of “he will be fine”. 

1. Why hasn’t he been good

2. Why will he be fine? 

3 minutes ago, mevins31 said:

So I see a lot of “he will be fine”. 

1. Why hasn’t he been good

2. Why will he be fine? 

1. He wasn’t on your team yet

2. Now he is

• Like 1

We are all going to have a great summer. Me, Benintendi, and you 

• Like 1

There’s a gleam today men. There’s a gleam. Be ready 

53 minutes ago, mevins31 said:

There’s a gleam today men. There’s a gleam. Be ready 

Hello Sunshine 

• Like 1

Someone play “Good Times” by Sam Cooke before I do. LFG

• Like 1

It's only been April but for whatever reason, he has been swinging more and seeing less pitches in the zone... not a good combination. This has resulted in a higher swinging strike rate and K% and lower BB%. This seems like the opposite of what someone would do in the leadoff spot. Another change I see is that he has traded line drives (-6%) for fly balls (+7%) and his pop-ups have doubled from last season.  He has traded medium contact (-7%) for hard contact (+7%). It looks to me like he is trying to join the fly ball revolution but doesn't have the hard contact skills to take advantage of more fly balls. Combine that with his worsened plate discipline, and you have what you have gotten in April. Hopefully he adjusts.

• Thanks 1

he deserves to bat at the end of the order. dumbest thing was to bat him second. the red sox win the world series then mess with their batting order. he will not return his ADP position this season.

I’m definitely ready for the leadoff experiment to end. Somehow he’s still hitting in the .270s but it feels like he does nothing.

2 minutes ago, TribeFoo said:

Somehow he’s still hitting in the .270s but it feels like he does nothing.

In today's roto game, hitting in the .270s without pacing for 40 HR+SB might as well be nothing.

So our only hope is if Benny gets traded to Milwaukee?

Lot of doom and gloom in here.

He's been underperforming, for sure, but still a serviceable player.  One or two hot streaks and he'll be around where we expected.  

• Like 1

I'm not too concerned. I practically nabbed him for free, but still. Like Overlord said... one or two streaks and his numbers will be back where they should be.

• Confused 1